Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Annoyed: They Are Asking For The Moon and Stars To Fight Me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JonDelPrado View Post
    Andrade will take his purse in Mexican pesos at this point
    One would think so! I don't think Canelo is going back to 160. At least I have not heard Canelo or Oscar talking about offers to Andrade or Charlo for May 2020.

Comment

To start I'm by no means a Canelo fan. That being said he's not only the face of boxing but in my opinion arguably p4p number 1 in the world. I think Canelo beats Smith, Andrade, Charlo or GGG easy. I do believe BJS is capable of making it a fight but do I think he beats the Ginger big NO. Now let's get to Caleb Plant.... he's a very capable guy he should take the Canelo fight even if it's a quick turnaround due to the fact that even with a loss he could put himself in most all boxing conversations by taking that L to the Ginger ( kinda like Canelo did with Floyd ) everybody worries about losing their 0 and apparently none of them are smart enough to realize Canelo is the highest paid boxer right now and he lost his zero. Lomo isn't undefeated and everybody seems to think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Now to the point of all this... why dont Canelo let his balls drop and offer the fight to Benavidez? I think he not only beats Canelo but beats him in spectacular fashion. Canelo is a GREAT fighter and does great things for the sport but I see something in Benavidez I don't see very often anymore in boxing and that's simply he's enjoying himself in the ring. He has a true fighting spirit. The kid isn't trying to sell himself the same way most fighters are he sells himself in the ring and has some grit speed skills and power. So come on Canelo fans explain that one why don't the Ginger offer fights to all good fighters instead of picking and choosing. He's very capable of beating the way bigger portion right now.

Comment

This whole thread is full of so many idiot and laughable posts..some folks would do well to remember the arguments they make in here and then turn around and be completely hypocritical about other fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Canelo was built up into a star, but despite that process he only got a $5 million guarantee to fight Floyd Mayweather.

Callum Smith and BJS are nobodies in America yet they want more than that.

It's ridiculous.
          No doubt it's ridiculous, but once you've paid one guy $12 mil or whatever don't be surprised if all the others start expecting the same. I guess they're figuring it's a sellers market right now. Time will tell if it was smart or not.
          Last edited by Citizen Koba; 02-18-2020, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            ... beyond any kind of money and shit... the "dead man walking" actually somehow fought Derevyanchenko, while canelo didn't -- period... canelo chose to fight a drunk dead man walking, instead ...
            MDPopescu taking L’s! “Actually somehow fought...”

Did GGG have any other choice? What other title opportunity was there for GGG like the VACANT IBF? Was DAZN gonna let GGG tell Devry or DiBella, “hey we’re not Canelo, and you will ONLY get .....!”

A GGG vs Devry PURSE BID is not the same as a CANELO vs Devry PURSE BID. Devry DUCKED Canelo!

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
              No doubt it's ridiculous, but once you've paid one guy $12 mil or whatever don't be surprised if all the others start expecting the same. I guess they're figuring it's a sellers market right now. Time will tell if it was smart or not.
              So you’re saying BJS and Smith would say, “ hey, we’ve fought on PPV in the USA before and we’ve had many USA based appearances like Jacobs. We’ve done gates at MSG and VEGAS! We want $12mil like Jacobs.”

Posters on this site funna be smarter than this..

Comment

Originally posted by Detroit29 View Post
                This is DAZN's fault. Once they started overpaying fighters, they would have to continue that. But this could have long/short term effects. Short term, the fighters maybe absolutely crazy for asking for money above their own market value. At the same time, who can blame them? Why not take advantage of DAZNs generosity? They have seen Jacobs, Steve Rolls, Fielding, Kovalev and others get paid and they want in. So the effects? Canelo can fight whomever and he will still get paid, but who will tune in if the opponent is not big enough that the people don't recognize?

Long term, Canelo and DAZN will have to fork over the cash or the run the risk of Canelo not having a worthy opponent thus DAZN will really start sinking further than they are now.
                So you’re saying DAZN overpays fighters without economical circumstances and merit?

Comment

Originally posted by Young Bidness View Post
                  So you’re saying BJS and Smith would say, “ hey, we’ve fought on PPV in the USA before and we’ve had many USA based appearances like Jacobs. We’ve done gates at MSG and VEGAS! We want $12mil like Jacobs.”

Posters on this site funna be smarter than this..
                  I ain't saying it's right or wrong, I'm just saying it ain't surprising. Most likely it'll backfire on their asses, but both guys are young... so long as they don't lose Canelo's still gona need an opponent for September, then next May and so on.

Comment

What’s a mess? In Cinco de Mayo Canelo should be making 50 million via PPV.

How about they publicize the offers that both BJS and Callum Smith have turned down? If DAZN offered Charlo $7 million to face Canelo then that’s probably what Canelo wants to pay both guys and nothing more...both guys give him hell, too lol!

Comment

• Maybe they shouldn't have revealed how much they were paying kovalev and jacobs...

Comment

Working...
                      X