No announcement yet.

VIDEO: GGG to announce new trainer on May 4th at 1:30pm ET

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Dundee said they rushed him into that deal which he signed on a handwritten paper while ringside. I don't think he did his due diligence.
    I think SRL & Dundee both realized what a trainer does maxs out with certain caliber of paydays. I'd even argue that at a certain point a trainer isn't doing as much cuz of how good a fighter is doing when they are making these insane 8 digit purses.

Sure a trainer played a part in that success, but when you are getting crazy paydays you've transcended the sport & those paydays are based on who the fighter is rather than the level of skill his trainer has helped him attain.

I mean specifically thinking of GGG he's popular partially on his skill sure, but he transcended the sport with the Mexican Style Good Boy sh^t & his general likeability. And I believe if you look at any of these guys making insane 8 digit paydays on the reg you'd find a public persona that has caught the hearts & minds of fans more than its simply about their natural boxing talent & the trainer who has had some degree of success honing that skill into the sharpest blade possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      I think SRL & Dundee both realized what a trainer does maxs out with certain caliber of paydays. I'd even argue that at a certain point a trainer isn't doing as much cuz of how good a fighter is doing when they are making these insane 8 digit purses.

Sure a trainer played a part in that success, but when you are getting crazy paydays you've transcended the sport & those paydays are based on who the fighter is rather than the level of skill his trainer has helped him attain.

I mean specifically thinking of GGG he's popular partially on his skill sure, but he transcended the sport with the Mexican Style Good Boy sh^t & his general likeability. And I believe if you look at any of these guys making insane 8 digit paydays on the reg you'd find a public persona that has caught the hearts & minds of fans more than its simply about their natural boxing talent & the trainer who has had some degree of success honing that skill into the sharpest blade possible.
      Well written.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

You can't begrudge a fighter too much for wanting to keep more of his money. But the loyalty Canelo shows to his training crew is admirable.

Comment

Working...
        X