Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great thread here. I've been killing it like crazy for the last month and a half and I'm pretty shocked at the results. I went from 230 lbs to 185 in 6 weeks just by doing simple weights one day and cardio the next. Quitting the booze and cutting the calories really helped too.

Comment

• Ive went from lifting 4x a week to playing full court 5 on 5 bball 3x a week. Definitely effecting my lifting. I try lifting after, but 2 hours of basketball whoops my ass. Gonna have to lift on off days so I dont shrink.

Comment

• Freelance Market Place

hi

new here

Comment

• Today I hit 135 lb overhead press for 3 sets of 5 and it feels so good

Comment

• I just moved and found a new killer gym, really old school weight room. It's a community center that used to be run by the Policeman's Club, who used to sponsor local boxers in the 50s and 60s. They have great old photos of their fighters; James Braddock even visited once. No boxing there anymore, though.

Anyways, I'm committing to hitting the weights hard this winter, really focus on form. setting a goal for myself: to bench my first 225 - by Jan 15. That's to months to build up to it - any tips?

Comment

• Originally posted by a.rihn View Post
              I just moved and found a new killer gym, really old school weight room. It's a community center that used to be run by the Policeman's Club, who used to sponsor local boxers in the 50s and 60s. They have great old photos of their fighters; James Braddock even visited once. No boxing there anymore, though.

Anyways, I'm committing to hitting the weights hard this winter, really focus on form. setting a goal for myself: to bench my first 225 - by Jan 15. That's to months to build up to it - any tips?
              What's your current bench at and what are you eating

Comment

• I'm so sore from two days ago focusing only on power punches! I feel stronger though

Comment

• Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
                  What's your current bench at and what are you eating
                  I'm working chest twice a week: Mondays lower weight, higher reps, plus accessory work. Fridays higher weight, lower reps, focused on bench. Last Friday was two sets of six reps at 195.

Most of my protein is coming from eggs, chicken, and tuna, plus protein shakes post-workout. Any diet suggestions?

Comment

• Originally posted by a.rihn View Post
                    I'm working chest twice a week: Mondays lower weight, higher reps, plus accessory work. Fridays higher weight, lower reps, focused on bench. Last Friday was two sets of six reps at 195.

Most of my protein is coming from eggs, chicken, and tuna, plus protein shakes post-workout. Any diet suggestions?
                    I eat my bodyweight in grams of protein so I'm chowing down 200 grams of protein a day. I dunno how much you weigh but def think about what goes into your body.

I also use this video as a checklist before even lifting the weight. It's a 10 minute video but worth the watch. I find that its a nice little ritual to make sure I'm in position and have good form as well as mentally preparing myself.

Comment

• Yeah, I've heard the body weight in protein before, and I'm doing that. Thanks for the video - he's good on those basics and fundamentals. "Can't fire a cannon from a canoe" - I like him.

Comment

Working...
                      X