Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was I the only one who saw Ward rock Kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
    Then why was he leaning on the ropes instead of dropping to his knees? That's what individuals do when they are punched in the balls. They don't lean on the ropes, they drop down. Why, did he do it? It was because he was exhausted from the vicious body assault of Ward and wanted out and quit. He didn't even protest the stoppage because he was relieved it was over.

Secondly why was he constantly turning his back on Ward after allegedly getting hit low? It was because he was faking. He himself even admitted this in the post fight press conference that those shots weren't even low.

They were on the belt line. He was simply tired by seeking a breather and also attempting to get Ward penalized for his poor gamesmanship.
    He admitted to it not being low blows at the post-fight conference? What? He said he doesn't have metal balls.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      No you are not sir. You are so spot on. These Kovalev apologists are insane. They'll never admit that their hero lost to the better man. Kovalev was broken and just simply checked out. He searched for a way out of the fight and found it.

That last low blow wasn't the reason why Tony Weeks was forced to call a halt to their bout. It was the fact, that Sergey was no longer protecting himself and punching back which what caused him to the stop the fight.

He was eating too many flush and unanswered punches to both the body and head as he was looking towards the referee for assistance.
      This is how I see it exactly, regarding the stoppage. Beyond that Ward had taken control in the 6th and had dominated the 7th having taken over and demoralized Kovalev. Maybe you have to be a fighter to see it.

That said I do appreciate the explanations the others have given I'm trying to see that point of view. To those I can only suggest go back to the 7th round and look at the reaction that Kovalev had to the body shots. And then look at how Ward started to work him to set him up for the right and it wasn't the first one but by that time Kovalev was soft to the body and so Ward could unload the right.

I just don't see how you can ignore what happened in rounds 6 7 and 8 and then point to borderline low shots after the fighter had already capitulated. Respectfully, I think it completely misses it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
        Smoked? Like here:

looking at your sig i was thinking the same during the fight, if kovalev looked tired so was ward. the whole "he was done anyways" makes no sense because A) you can't predict the future and B) ward was looking as exhausted as kovalev

Comment

Originally posted by Buckfever View Post
          This is how I see it exactly, regarding the stoppage. Beyond that Ward had taken control in the 6th and had dominated the 7th having taken over and demoralized Kovalev. Maybe you have to be a fighter to see it.

That said I do appreciate the explanations the others have given I'm trying to see that point of view. To those I can only suggest go back to the 7th round and look at the reaction that Kovalev had to the body shots. And then look at how Ward started to work him to set him up for the right and it wasn't the first one but by that time Kovalev was soft to the body and so Ward could unload the right.

I just don't see how you can ignore what happened in rounds 6 7 and 8 and then point to borderline low shots after the fighter had already capitulated. Respectfully, I think it completely misses it.
          Here is a lowblow from round 7 that ref did not act upon as well:

And then you call this borderline?

Ok then, Mr. Borderline.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Yeah he was definitely fine
            He was holding on for dear life and mentally capitulated. At the end he waited for Weeks to put him out of his misery.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
              looking at your sig i was thinking the same during the fight, if kovalev looked tired so was ward. the whole "he was done anyways" makes no sense because A) you can't predict the future and B) ward was looking as exhausted as kovalev
              Dude, you're such a **** biased poster.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                Here is a lowblow from round 7 that ref did not act upon as well:

And then you call this borderline?

Ok then, Mr. Borderline.
                I understand what you're pointing out. Do me a favor, count how many times Ward hit him after the right. He was taking a beating. And mentally Kovalev was beaten the round before. IMO you're missing the big picture.

Comment

I understand what you're pointing out. Do me a favor, count how many times Ward hit him after the right. He was taking a beating. And mentally Kovalev was beaten the round before. IMO you're missing the big picture.
                  Well here is the last hook from Ward before the final low blows and stoppage, and Kovalev had his senses and avoided it no problem, and Ward was the only who overswinged, so clearly Kovalev's mind and reflexes were still there:

And here is Ward after the stoppage, he looks extremely tired. Are you convinced that he was in shape to knock Kovalev out in the final rounds, or not fall himself?

Comment

They don't care about the "big picture", they are busy trying to salvage what is left of Kovalev's "krusher" image.

It is difficult for them to see this 'Monster" staggering around the ring being blasted by a guy whom they said:

"hits like a girl"
                    and is a coward,
                    and wouldn't take the fight, and would fake an injury
                    and was scared of a rematch.

It is surprising to all of us that Ward was able to take the fight to the big scary monster but he did....and Kovalev could not handle a fighter who took his punches and kept on coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Trayhezy View Post
                      They don't care about the "big picture", they are busy trying to salvage what is left of Kovalev's "krusher" image.

It is difficult for them to see this 'Monster" staggering around the ring being blasted by a guy whom they said:

"hits like a girl"
                      and is a coward,
                      and wouldn't take the fight, and would fake an injury
                      and was scared of a rematch.

It is surprising to all of us that Ward was able to take the fight to the big scary monster but he did....and Kovalev could not handle a fighter who took his punches and kept on coming.
                      Here is the big picture:

Right before the stoppage Ward went for a wild swing and totally missed with his hook:

Being desperate, Ward then threw all he had in Kovalev's groin several times, and the fight was completely unfairly stopped.

And here is your hero after the stoppage looking fine, with obviously plenty of enery left to go, he looks like he's about to faint:

So tell me about that big picture...

Comment

Working...
                      X