No announcement yet.

***The Official 2018-2019 nba thread***

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bravado View Post
    Loyalty in sports, typically basketball died out from the POV of players during the late 90's and really was put to bed maybe like 8 years ago.

Patrick Ewing gave everything he had to the Knicks, they got rid of him. KG gave Minnesota all of his best years as a player. So did Paul, Ainge flung him out to Brooklyn soon as he got the chance. Allen gave Philly everything, was a chaotic player but still.

Dirk lost out on 78 million, he might be the only exception, but even with Dallas, had the option to keep Steve Nash and let him walk for Jason Terry.

KD had the chance to stay in a position to constantly lose steam under The OKC Thunder mantra. They didn't have what it took to win. Westbrook v Steph Damian for example. One plays great and is great, one plays great at times and is good, the other plays great and is bad. Game 3 of the finals, you can see KD wanted to give Steph the opportunity to win finals MVP but refused to let the game slip and let Cleveland win. Its hard to give KD credit for going to GS, but he did the best thing for him because GS was not gonna beat Cleveland after losing 3-1
    This is a good post.

OKC had Golden State down 3-1 most people forget. That series took everything out of a team that just went 73-9.

ME knew the backlash would come.

IMO, it took balls to do what KD did. A player of his caliber doing that, he knew it was the best move.

And now he is a 2 time champion and 2 time FMVP back to back.

He is really starting to shine in the correct system.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      This is a good post.

OKC had Golden State down 3-1 most people forget. That series took everything out of a team that just went 73-9.

ME knew the backlash would come.

IMO, it took balls to do what KD did. A player of his caliber doing that, he knew it was the best move.

And now he is a 2 time champion and 2 time FMVP back to back.

He is really starting to shine in the correct system.

Which is why IMO? He being KD, knew he had to leave.

Westbrook plays great but isn't great. Its your IQ and technique that define you as an athlete. Your athleticism defines you as an athlete.

Westbrook v LeBron, one guy is wickedly smart the other isn't. LeBron could have played TE or some sort of defensive player like CB. Granted those CB's are never tall but he could have been a cheat code. Westbrook will be nothing once his athleticism dies.

Larry Fitzgerald gets by on technique and skill, as well as IQ. KD will age well like Larry because he can fall back on his IQ and really be the black Dirk. KD was hot in those finals, red hot, blazing hot, you think Westbrook would have kept feeding him the ball? No. You think he has the IQ to be a real facilitator? No. He passes the ball out of selfish opportunity, not because he's a great passer.

KD leaving to go to GS is something i think he struggles with mentally but he did it for him and i think knowing Steph? He probably had an issue too, but it was a team decision and it worked out well.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
        Where you heard this?
        You were confident that he was heading to Lakers.
        That's not the way you should put it.

Im a cavs fan so I'm pessimistic that he will stay.

Comment

Westbrook plays great but isn't great. Its your IQ and technique that define you as an athlete. Your athleticism defines you as an athlete.

Westbrook v LeBron, one guy is wickedly smart the other isn't. LeBron could have played TE or some sort of defensive player like CB. Granted those CB's are never tall but he could have been a cheat code. Westbrook will be nothing once his athleticism dies.

Larry Fitzgerald gets by on technique and skill, as well as IQ. KD will age well like Larry because he can fall back on his IQ and really be the black Dirk. KD was hot in those finals, red hot, blazing hot, you think Westbrook would have kept feeding him the ball? No. You think he has the IQ to be a real facilitator? No. He passes the ball out of selfish opportunity, not because he's a great passer.

KD leaving to go to GS is something i think he struggles with mentally but he did it for him and i think knowing Steph? He probably had an issue too, but it was a team decision and it worked out well.

I agree 100% with everything.

Kevin, he knew the backlash would come.

The mentality thing happend, and it effected him in that OKC game. Do you remember it?

But now, I think he is past it. He knows he is the best player in the world, and winning 2 rings gives him comfort on his choice to come here.

I believe it was game 3, Curry went ice cold and the Cavs could have won the game.

KD yelled at Steph on the court like "I GOT YOU" dropped 43 points. 11 rebounds 7 assists.

He likes where he is, and it is great

Comment

• We want the Whorriers

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                We want the Whorriers

Going to Philly to kick your ass in my Durant jersey.

Comment

Stop the nonsense it was the easiest way out of and KD took it.

OKC was Durant’s team. He was the number one franchise player and he choked in the finals.

He’s still the same volume scorer he’s always been.
                  The only difference is that his flaws are disguised by having three other all star level players in their prime.

The Warriors were winning championships before he got there and they would be in contention every year without him.

He is the one that needed them to look good not the other way around. Plug any other allstar I. There and they would get an easy ring too.

Put Durant back on a team built around him and he folds every time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    Going to Philly to kick your ass in my Durant jersey.

We'll be waiting for you with open "arms"

Comment

• Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                      We'll be waiting for you with open "arms"

I'll probably buy you a beer.

Still.

Comment

Working...
                      X