No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin Legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
    Yes, it was. Bumlovkin did NOT win his WBA Super Title in the ring. It was handed to him on a sliver platter after it was stripped from Geale.

The fact is Bumlovkin was NOT the *World* Champion in the WBA when he held that "Regular" title. Daniel Geale was THE *World* Champion in the WBA.
    You know why? Because Geale refused to fight him. '

Why don't you include that bit? Huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
      they call it the reg title. Its not the world title that they are referring to.

At some point you'll see its just an attempt to con more money from people.
      So you are ignoring what they say, because you perceive it as not legit.

Your feelings on the matter, doesn't matter. It is a legit title, recognized by all the boxing authorities, whether you want it to or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
        As you can see it states that GGG was regular champion having been promoted from interim, ie. regular champion is above interim.
        The "Regular" Champ Bumlvokin is above the Interim Champ but still BELOW the Super Champion - who is the *World* Champion.

What is it about this simple concept the Bumlovkin nuthugging crowd is unable to comprehend?

Comment

164lbs.....
          true, true. dominated there as well

Comment

The "Regular" Champ Bumlvokin is above the Interim Champ but still BELOW the Super Champion - who is the *World* Champion.

What is it about this simple concept the Bumlovkin nuthugging crowd is unable to comprehend?
            And regular champ is still champ. And now GGG is super champ.
            With multiple other belts.

Comment

• Originally posted by just the facts View Post
              How can a fighter be at his pinnacle and slowly declining at the same time?
              Let me rephrase that for you sir... has reached his pinnacle and is NOW declining

Comment

• Originally posted by animelive View Post
                Gennady is earning over 50m this past two years. He can't reach Crawford or Lomachenko's career? This forum, I swear. You folks are detached from reality.
                Crawford is belt holder in 3 divisions and Lineal champ in 2. Bumlovkin, OTOH, still hasn't managed to win the lineal title in a division he's campaigned in for over 10 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
                  So you are ignoring what they say, because you perceive it as not legit.

Your feelings on the matter, doesn't matter. It is a legit title, recognized by all the boxing authorities, whether you want it to or not.
                  my feelings have nothing to do with their being only one planet earth.

Comment

Geale was not a title defense...
                    that depends...thereis some indication that ggg was awared the title BEFORE geale, wierd though that seems.

personally i think your interpretation is better, the bout was for the vacant belt.

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                      my feelings have nothing to do with their being only one planet earth.
                      But they still have more than one belt.

Comment

Working...
                      X