Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford: Horn Tougher To Fight Than It Looks From the Outside

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
    "...over Horn, who upset Manny Pacquiao nearly 11 months ago to win the WBO welterweight title."

This kind of crap is irritating. MP has a loss on his record. A loss is a loss and as time goes by all the details get washed out of the conversation. To my mind this was no upset and Horn got a cooked hometown decision. Guess that doesn't fit the narrative of this writer with this story. Crawford should likely be an even bigger favorite.
    I'm not really a Pac fan...but I was fully expecting Pac to come out and school Horn over 5-6 rounds, then knock him out shortly thereafter. Didn't happen like that obviously.

Horn came out in Round 1 and showed that he was there to fight. I honestly think Teddy Atlas had people questioning what they were seeing out there. It was a good tough fight, and I thought Horn deserved a 7-5 win, though I could see 6-6 or even 7-5 for Manny, since Manny was the champ and Horn perhaps didn't do enough to take the belts.

I don't even think any of the judges were from Australia? Look at Manny and Freddie Roach's comments after the fight. They knew they were in a tough fight.

I just honestly don't see how people keep saying Pac got robbed in that fight. Usually I think punch stats help tell the story but they were way off in that fight imo, as far as what Horn was actually landing. Horn was bigger, stronger, younger, fresher than Pac and imposed his will on him at some point in basically every round.

Basically Pac was supposed to go on an end of career victory tour, and Horn was his first opponent. He wasn't supposed to lose and he wasn't supposed to be in a tough fight. Atlas was being a company man and trying to tell a story that wasn't really happening, because if Pac lost it would cost ESPN a lot of money, as no one would want to see his future fights.

Watch the fight without sound some time and tell me what you see.

Comment

"...over Horn, who upset Manny Pacquiao nearly 11 months ago to win the WBO welterweight title."

This kind of crap is irritating. MP has a loss on his record. A loss is a loss and as time goes by all the details get washed out of the conversation. To my mind this was no upset and Horn got a cooked hometown decision. Guess that doesn't fit the narrative of this writer with this story. Crawford should likely be an even bigger favorite.
      Hooker Perez was a robbery...Kov-Ward I was a robbery...Pac Horn was a good fight

Comment

Seems like an easy win for Crawford. On the other hand, it is Crawford's toughest fight to date, so there's that.

Comment

Horn will be out by round 10. Crawford is way too slick. Horn wont be able to bully Crawford like he did Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
            Seems like an easy win for Crawford. On the other hand, it is Crawford's toughest fight to date, so there's that.
            Postol and Gamboa were much tougher challenges than Horn. Crawford is going to pick him apart very easily. All Horn can do is try and make it a rough fight which wont work.

Comment

He is going to make it a rough and ugly fight, I could see Horn giving Crawford some problems with that size and especially if Crawford doesn't carry Power up to 147 and Horn can take his Power

I could see a controversial Draw keeping Horn as the Champion IF it goes to the Cards

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                Postol and Gamboa were much tougher challenges than Horn. Crawford is going to pick him apart very easily. All Horn can do is try and make it a rough fight which wont work.
                I disagree only because Crawford usually has a big advantage in size and strength. In this case he will have neither.

Comment

Horn is nothing like Linares. Crawford should put to sleep this pretender to justify his top 2 P4P next to Loma. If he can not put this bum to sleep then he is not P4P. The bum becomes legit and real.

Comment

This kind of crap is irritating. MP has a loss on his record. A loss is a loss and as time goes by all the details get washed out of the conversation. To my mind this was no upset and Horn got a cooked hometown decision.
                    An upset = Fighter A beats Fighter B despite no logical reason why or how.

Jeff 'The Hornet' Horn getting the official W WAS an upset.

Jeff 'The Hornet' Horn getting the second W off the WBO panel review was yet another upset.

Manny Pacquiao landing flush shots that dropped world champions yet not even wobbling The Hornet was yet another upset.

Originally posted by Boxing1012 View Post
                    Glad to see Crawford acknowledge that...I was impressed with how Horn consistently avoided Pac's left hand by moving to his left, especially early. He has some skills. Should be a good, tough close fight I think.
                    I commented just after the fight that people were overlooking Horn's ring intelligence. He wasn't trying to avoid getting hit, he was trying to throw Manny's combos off - and he did. He never once ate all of the shots of a combo like Margacheato did. You take Manny's combo away, you take away his confidence and he starts making mistakes. That's why he lost.

The only reason people say Manny was "robbed" is that those people only pay attention to punch stats and Horn's face after Round 9. They completely ignore Manny getting thrown around like a child, unable to land a pure combo, and getting frustrated in at least 6 rounds with not being able to accumulate on the Hornet.

Comment

Horn will make it tough but if Crawford can't win this fight in a spectacular fashion he has no shot at making a splash at WW.

Comment

Working...
                      X