No announcement yet.

loma is amazing no doubt....the one "but" i have

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
    Look GGG turned pro late too after the long am career of 350 fights and waited 30+ fights to step up so....give Loma his full props.
    You think GGG wanted to be fighting cans in German gymnasiums infront of 100 people? GGG didn't have the promotional force of Top Rank behind him to allow him the same opportunities that Lomachenko has been given. GGG would've happily fought for a title in his second pro fight, and he would've had a good chance of winning too.

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
      Loma's a different animal. Floyd was about risk-reward. Loma's about legacy. Floyd was about protecting the "0" and maximizing cash flow. Loma's about proving himself as a great fighter and that means taking risks.
      Lol how is this true when Floyd at 30 years old (the same age as Loma now) had a better resume?

Last edited by mcdonalds; 05-13-2018, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
        i guess..ill just say...if an american fighter ....say spence for example...won gold at 21-22...and decided to go for another at 25-26...then came out and started fighting guys like jeff horn, vanes and kell brook....would we be so quick to be impressed? i dunno....i think we would look at for what it is....
        Inoue is 25 and he's about to win his 3rd title in his 3rd weight class in a couple of weeks in his 16th fight. I find that far more impressive. But people act like his accomplishment ain't a big deal

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERBX View Post
          Lomo FAILED the first time but was given a second chance shortly thereafter. That's not greatness, that is c.ockiness coupled with boxing corruption!
          Loma is very good.

I have him PFP #2 behind TC. Winning belts and such is meaningless when theres 4+ belts in a weight division.

Nonetheless Loma has been so dominant past 3-4 years. Only TC compares with him tbh.

If Andre Ward unretired I'd start him at PFP #3 behind TC and Loma. That's how good this guy is

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            Inoue is 25 and he's about to win his 3rd title in his 3rd weight class in a couple of weeks in his 16th fight. I find that far more impressive. But people act like his accomplishment ain't a big deal
            For that matter, Kosei Tanaka might become a three weight world title-holder in his 12th bout just like Lomachenko, and at the age of only 22. But it's not the trinkets that matter so much as the opponents beaten, and Loma's resume is miles ahead of theirs

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeks View Post
              You think GGG wanted to be fighting cans in German gymnasiums infront of 100 people? GGG didn't have the promotional force of Top Rank behind him to allow him the same opportunities that Lomachenko has been given. GGG would've happily fought for a title in his second pro fight, and he would've had a good chance of winning too.
              Which is why picked Vanes over Andrade and Dervachenko

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                For that matter, Kosei Tanaka might become a three weight world title-holder in his 12th bout just like Lomachenko, and at the age of only 22. But it's not the trinkets that matter so much as the opponents beaten, and Loma's resume is miles ahead of theirs
                How is it miles ahead of Ioune? He beat the top guys in two divisions. One of the guys he beat is now a lineal champ. Lomachenko beat a guy who had already been stopped 3 previous times. Went around collecting vacant titles and beating Euro bums and rematching them.

I been calling Linares a fraud since before a fight with Loma was even a possibility. Ask 1hourRun me and him went back & forth about Linares a while ago so this ain't me hating just because he fought loma.

Comment

How is it miles ahead of Ioune? He beat the top guys in two divisions. One of the guys he beat is now a lineal champ. Lomachenko beat a guy who had already been stopped 3 previous times. Went around collecting vacant titles and beating Euro bums and rematching them.

I been calling Linares a fraud since before a fight with Loma was even a possibility. Ask 1hourRun me and him went back & forth about Linares a while ago so this ain't me hating just because he fought loma.
                  to be fair..i thought linares did pretty good....im not sure how much of it was just his sheer size and strength....but he hung in there and did pretty well

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                    to be fair..i thought linares did pretty good....im not sure how much of it was just his sheer size and strength....but he hung in there and did pretty well
                    I agree. He did a lot better than I thought he would do. His size surely helped. Now we see that if Loma jumped from 130 to 140 to fight Crawford it would've been like Loma vs. Rigo. Size matters. The bigger good guy will always beat the good smaller guy. Even Arum admitted that.

Comment

I agree. He did a lot better than I thought he would do. His size surely helped. Now we see that if Loma jumped from 130 to 140 to fight Crawford it would've been like Loma vs. Rigo. Size matters. The bigger good guy will always beat the good smaller guy. Even Arum admitted that.
                      oh ya...loma vs tc at 140 loma wouldnt last...he knows this tho...everyone has limits....but i think loma could probably beat alot of 140lbers....147 im not so sure about...its kind of like golovkin going to 175...im not sure golovkin could beat someone like joe smith at 175

Comment

Working...
                      X