Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the Abel Sanchez experiment backfire on Cuadras?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the Abel Sanchez experiment backfire on Cuadras?

Is this a case of fighter and trainer needing more time to work together?

Or is this a case of Sanchez' style being all wrong for Cuadras?

Cuadras being Cuadras caught up with him. That was the exact same guy we saw against Carmona and Estrada.

Comment

Naw he is just ok fighter in his prime but not top echelon.

Brian viloria would knock him the fuk out

Comment

Most likely Abel just had Gennady showing him what to do in the gym; “Carlos, look, trust me, this is real Mexican style, trust me, I have Mexican blood.” -GGG

Comment

I think Cuadras is better as a boxer type. But with Abel he was sitting down on his punches and brawling more.

I don't think that style suits him. But that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            I think Cuadras is better as a boxer type. But with Abel he was sitting down on his punches and brawling more.

I don't think that style suits him. But that's just me.
            Abel isn’t a good trainer. If he was, he would’ve managed Gennady at 168 long ago, but he exploited GGg’s abilities at 160 for his own ego. Even when Cuadras was with Garcia, a guy who could advise brawling if needed, knows how to change plans in fight. Abel is a horrid trainer. Just shows hooks on pads for every media workout. As boxers move around trainers all the time, fans like to just say Abel trained this “name” when those fighters were taught before by others.

We know this to be true per his ego as he says Kovalev is successful because of him. As if the Russian style needs any introduction

Comment

Originally posted by Morrie ATG View Post
              Abel isn’t a good trainer. If he was, he would’ve managed Gennady at 168 long ago, but he exploited GGg’s abilities at 160 for his own ego. Even when Cuadras was with Garcia, a guy who could advise brawling if needed, knows how to change plans in fight. Abel is a horrid trainer. Just shows hooks on pads for every media workout. As boxers move around trainers all the time, fans like to just say Abel trained this “name” when those fighters were taught before by others.

We know this to be true per his ego as he says Kovalev is successful because of him. As if the Russian style needs any introduction
              You really are starting to show yourself... Can't help but bring up golovkin as if he's always in your head, you should chill before everyone catches on...

Comment

Originally posted by Johnston View Post
                You really are starting to show yourself... Can't help but bring up golovkin as if he's always in your head, you should chill before everyone catches on...
                It’s not theory. Everyone knows Abel uses Golovkin to show other fighters what to do. As GGG showed Barrera “things” routinely as well as Gassiev. Golovkin is synonymous to Abel and Big Bear camps. People cursed Ward and Floyd for years, I don’t care what you think. “This is box” aka NSB!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnston View Post
                  What else do you expect from Mirko Troll Cop? The dudes been beating that dead horse for a long time now.

Comment

Cuadras has multiple.losses.before joining Sanchez. You can't blame the trainer.

Comment

Working...
                    X