No announcement yet.

Rock is f>cking dead

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Dude I thought you The Rock. I was sad for a mfing rough second there.
    same here....got legit bummed for a moment

Comment

Originally posted by ea22 View Post
      I am looking forward to the Villains album but arctic monkeys and the black keys haven't made an album in forever and doesn't look like they will any time soon. Rock is looking pretty bad overall but there are some glimmers of hope here and there. Foo Fighters might release a new album soon.
      villains can't be released soon enough!

i can't listen to foo unless they're doing something with homme-seems to me like grohl has lost his way.

Comment

That really depends.

Bands like Metallica, Iron Maiden are still selling out arenas and big festivals like Wacken get sold out quicker every year.

Then again that's all metal

Comment

Got dayum son I thought you were talking about Dwayne The Rock Johnson. You done got me all sweaty and shaky from a moment of pure terror.

Comment

I was in the industry, luckily I saw which was the wind was blowing and got out.

Theres no money in it anymore, not compared to what it was, so the industry has changed around these new limitations. What's cheap to produce and can still get remarkable quality? EDM and Hip Hop... you just need the software. And sending the dude on the road, what do you need? Nothin. Just the guy and his laptop for the first few years.

You know what's not cheap? Making a good sounding rock and roll record and sending 5 dudes, a manager, crew and all their expensive ass gear on tour all over the place hoping that the band catches on and becomes huge. And then the band does catch on, the record sales and revenue are not enough to warrant the initial investment.

Rock is dead for economic reasons. I did it full-time up until 2008 or so, watched this shit go down during the mid-2000s.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
              as long as we have QOTSA, arctic monkeys, the black keys, wolfmother then i'm good.

that new QOTSA album is going to be awesome, it's like a follow-up to Them Crooked Vultures.
              Add Royal Blood to the list. Awesome two piece band.

Best young band. Probably the good one imo.

Comment

Don't talk about the great one like that

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                  Add Royal Blood to the list. Awesome two piece band.

Best young band. Probably the good one imo.
                  thanks for the recommendation!

Comment

Working...
                  X