Collapse
No announcement yet.

#1 Current WW is 40 years old.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a lot of coulda woulda shoulda here again.. Spence would.. Bud would.. All of that while Pac quietly steps up to the challenge and beats champions. Laughable

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
      Pac isnt number 1 but that he’s got the best win at WW is what’s sad.

Spence and Bud are studs but it’s also hype at this point..clearly.

Bud at least was from another weight class and though 140 was close to a ghost town and not good, he was still undisputed.

Pac doesnt beat Spence or Bud though. Hell no
      Pac has the best win at welterweight over keith thurman who has a win over shawn porter

Errole spence's best win is mikey garcia and kell brook. Crawford's best win is amir khan and jeff horn.

Shawn porter was beat by thurman, who Pacquiao just beat.

No other fighter has a better claim to being number 1 than Pacquiao. They don't have the wins to make the claim.

Comment

Originally posted by ikigai View Post
        Pac has the best win at welterweight over keith thurman who has a win over shawn porter

Errole spence's best win is mikey garcia and kell brook. Crawford's best win is amir khan and jeff horn.

Shawn porter was beat by thurman, who Pacquiao just beat.

No other fighter has a better claim to being number 1 than Pacquiao. They don't have the wins to make the claim.
        Not entirely as Jeff Horn beat Pac and Crawford beat Jeff Horn. I still think the Thurman win is a good win even though he had been out because of injuries and while the triangle theory isn't necessarily true I would like to see Pac vs Crawford for the top spot. Shawn Porter also has a loss to Brook who Spence beat. It isn't so clear cut. It would be nice to get a tournament with the spots going to Pac,Porter, Danny G, Thurman, Spence and then throw in a Horn, also maybe a Ugas ,with a side of Kava or hell Brook.. It would be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by REdrUm0351 View Post
          Not entirely as Jeff Horn beat Pac and Crawford beat Jeff Horn. I still think the Thurman win is a good win even though he had been out because of injuries and while the triangle theory isn't necessarily true I would like to see Pac vs Crawford for the top spot. Shawn Porter also has a loss to Brook who Spence beat. It isn't so clear cut. It would be nice to get a tournament with the spots going to Pac,Porter, Danny G, Thurman, Spence and then throw in a Horn, also maybe a Ugas ,with a side of Kava or hell Brook.. It would be fun.
          In what universe did jeff horn beat pacquiao lol.

Even with a fixed ref who allowed horn to get away with multiple dozen fouls and zero warnings, pacquiao still outpointed him.

In a clean fight without a fixed ref, jeff horn would have been disqualified or had multiple points taken away before the 6th round.

Comment

I agree with Manny #1 after beating Thurman. As much as I love Spence and Crawford they don't have anywhere close a win of that magnitude just yet. Love it or hate it the WW division and crown still goes through Manny since Floyd seems to be all but done.

Crawford should of been jumped on the fight before Manny jumped ship. Crawford is hurting the most. He's gonna have to leave Arum or really make it worth these Haymon fighters while to make him the best at WW because right now there isn't really any reputable WW's outside of Haymons stable.

Thats why Spence is chillin and will be good and doesn't have to press that fight. He has so many damn options and eventually if Floyd doesn't come back, or Crawford doesn't do everything in his power to fight these Haymon guys, Manny vs Spence will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by FredWreck View Post
              Does that mean PAC man is just that far superior, even at 40? Or are the current welterweight class just overrated hype jobs?

I say both ring true!

PAC IS #1 WW.
              I don't think he is far superior, I think he was allowed to compete in a high stakes fight without proper drug testing.

This victory does not feel on the level to me, the way he looked, the fact that his team lobbied to limit VADA's involvement, it's just to shady for me to bestow anything upon him.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy Current View Post
                Crawford and Spence would both annihilate him and end his career.
                Spence who didn't make a dent on fat lightweight Mikey? Crawford who went life in death with one legged Benavidez?

PacMan gives them both all they can handle, and yes he's #1 right now.

Comment

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
                  LOL at Annihilate. Crawford would win due to activity and I'm not convinced that Spence will beat Pacquiao. Just admit that he is a once in a lifetime type athlete. Its not hard.
                  If you're not convinced that Spence would end Pac's career and put him in the hospital, then you're the type of person that doesn't believe ***** stinks until you smell it.

Comment

Originally posted by ikigai View Post
                    In what universe did jeff horn beat pacquiao lol.

Even with a fixed ref who allowed horn to get away with multiple dozen fouls and zero warnings, pacquiao still outpointed him.

In a clean fight without a fixed ref, jeff horn would have been disqualified or had multiple points taken away before the 6th round.
                    Boxing is full of questionable decisions and officiating I never said I liked it but it is what it is. I would of even liked a rematch ordered for that fight in a neutral territory but it doesn't change the fact that Pac lost. Thurman was also coming off of injuries and looked bad against the riverside rocky. Thurman is still a good win but Crawford took care of Horn far easier than Pac did. It gives Crawford a say in who is the best in their division. Thurman beat Porter yes but Porter also lost to Brook who was beaten by Spence. What we really need is a tournament or for the fights to materialize to see who is the best. Though I am impressed with Pacs ability to compete after all this time and his advanced age (for boxing). If Pac comes out on top its going to be something special.

Personally I don't have a bias against any of them. I just want to see a round robin of some sort and for the best man to win.

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post
                      If you're not convinced that Spence would end Pac's career and put him in the hospital, then you're the type of person that doesn't believe ***** stinks until you smell it.
                      Spence couldn't drop fat lightweight Mikey yet he hospitalizes Pacquiao?

Comment

Working...
                      X