No announcement yet.

Alvarado should retire ASAP

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    I mean I am sure boxing is not good for his health but dude has a serious discipline problem it seems to me. Boxing is the one thing that made him be disciplined and even that seems to be failing.

If he just retires though what is he going to do but get into trouble?

It is a catch 22, but the guy needs to get some real help.
    Sad but true..this guy has some serious issues and his only savior may actually kill him

Comment

The punishment he has taken from Provodnikov, Marquez and Rios in the last couple of years has been brutal.

He looks like a shot fighter, mix that with alcohol and drugs, along with recent gun charges....He is a mess.

Time to hang them up.

Comment

Either that or take a good year or more off, try and let his body recover. I'd say it worked well for Jermain Taylor but that's probably not the best example right now lol

Comment

agreed...Alvarado is a mess and is just gonna keep collecting beatings if he keeps this up

Comment

Rios' hand and foot speed looked even better than his LW days

Alvarado needs to go, no doubt.

Comment

Alvarado threw a 3-4 punch combo at one point and it looked like the punches he was throwing in them awkward shadow boxing vids.
              hang em up!!!

Comment

Alvarado is shot to ****. Lets no go crazy on Rios. Hes the same old Rios. He looked the same in his last fight vs Chaves but he had someone punching back and who had a defense. Its funny how all of a sudden he can beat anyone lol

Alvarado didnt look like he wanted to be there. He kept running. I will never call running someone who has movement and everything, but Alvarado was just running in round 1 without throwing anything. That was awful to watch
                Last edited by boxinggod101; 01-25-2015, 05:13 PM.

Comment

He should not be near a ring, he is done. That being said he needs a invention or something, because if he retires and doesn't get clean it will only get worse. Sugar Ray Leonard (among others) started using drugs bad when they retired and they probably weren't an addict like Mike already in.
                  He could get clean and fight some weak comp if he doesn't want to go out like that, but I doubt his hometown fans want anything to do with him.

Comment

I told my friend that Rios looked like Floyd in there.

****ing Alvarado. Disgrace.

Comment

He might get his life together eventually and show up for a fight properly prepared.

But that seems like a long shot sadly. He's in his mid-thirties and looked shambolic last night. Has no business facing anyone near the world level anytime soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X