No announcement yet.

Lomo Got An * On His Chin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    I’ll look again. He was open as hell, something I saw a lot of.
    I edited my post before you posted. Is Linares was the Red Arrow, yea Lomo is squared. But no, that's legit not squared.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
      GGG is 36, Lomo is 30. GGG has 39 pro fights, Lomo has 12. GGG is out of his peak, Lomo is in the middle of his peak. Not really a fair comparison.

Lomo's footwork isn't that good trust me. Most boxers have terrible footwork these days so someone with decent gets super props. If his footwork was so good, he wouldn't have gotten caught OUTSIDE of the pocket.

Do you even know what it means to get hit with a right hand outside of the pocket for a southpaw? You get caught inside the pocket with a right hand being a SP, not outside. Outside you should be safe if you know what you're doing because thats the dam point lmao. But his angle of footwork got him caught, dat footwork doe!

He's not squared up for the knockdown though.

Is Linares was the Red Arrow, yea Lomo is squared. But no, that's legit not squared.
      Why are you arguing someone else's point to me? I'm not the one that said he was completely squared up.

He has good footwork still.

And I wasn't comparing Loma to GGG. I was making a point that just because POINT A happens, doesn't automatically negate POINT B

Since you're so caught up in primes and ages, how about these examples: a) if mikey were to get dropped by Easter, it doesn't mean Mikey isn't a very fundamentally sound boxer. b) if Anthony joshua loses by a brutal knockout, it doesn't mean he's no longer a strong puncher c) if Hurd gets knocked out by Jermell, it doesn't mean Hurd isn't still a strong, physical guy that can break you down

And if your point is: if you claim he has good footwork, then why did he get caught in a situation where it shows bad positioning?

Then my response would be: just because you're really good at something doesn't mean you can't make mistakes. It happens. No one is impervious to making mistakes. Linares got caught to the body. It doesn't mean his defense is all of a sudden absolutely trash just because of that.
      Last edited by Street15; 05-13-2018, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Street15 View Post
        Why are you arguing someone else's point to me? I'm not the one that said he was completely squared up.

He has good footwork still.

And I wasn't comparing Loma to GGG. I was making a point that just because POINT A happens, doesn't automatically negate POINT B

Since you're so caught up in primes and ages, how about these examples: a) if mikey were to get dropped by Easter, it doesn't mean Mikey isn't a very fundamentally sound boxer. b) if Anthony joshua loses by a brutal knockout, it doesn't mean he's no longer a strong puncher c) if Hurd gets knocked out by Jermell, it doesn't mean Hurd isn't still a strong, physical guy that can break you down

And if your point is: if you claim he has good footwork, then why did he get caught in a situation where it shows bad positioning?

Then my response would be: just because you're really good at something doesn't mean you can't make mistakes. It happens. No one is impervious to making mistakes. Linares got caught to the body. It doesn't mean his defense is all of a sudden absolutely trash just because of that.
        Because it's my topic and you need a reply.

You're using abductive reasoning which is erroneous in your examples and you've ended up inside a logical fallacy. Basically YDKSAB + YDKSAL (logic).

You are using GGG as a comparison and as noted, it's erroneous for the reasons stated. If you're going to make an example, there is a criterion for that example to resonate and make sense and yours doesn't.

Do you NOT know how quotes in forums work? That quote was for the other guy. Look, let's learn something today!

The purple is related to YOU and the yellow is NOT related to you.

Garcia, ok let's go! Just think of this like a Gallager show, get a rain coat on because you're going to get splashed with some shít. Get a rain coat before reading what's next.

Nobody is saying Mikey Garcia is better than Ali, or Robinson. Nobody is saying Garcia is a fighter of this lifetime or the best of this generation. Nobody is sucking Garcia's dick like most of y'all are doing.

Easter is a weight bully. 5'11" and 76" reach at 135? Get the FÙCK out of here dog! A lot of heavyweights have 76" reach.
        1. Bellew: 74"
        2. Joseph Parker: 76"
        3. Povetkin: 75"
        4. Miller: 78"
        5. Whyte: : 78"

Not sure what you're trying to say, not surprising though but I'll give it my best.

a) Garcia is 30, Easter is 27. Point?
        b) AJ has a * chin, what's that have to do with punching power?
        c) Charlo and Hurd are the same age. Again, point?

You referenced prime and ages, but your examples aren't comparing prime/ages. You can't even stay in context. When you use examples in reasoning, your point has to be clear and not all over the place otherwise, what are you trying to prove?

Again, nobody is saying Linares is better than Ali or Robinson and nobody is talking about his supreme footwork or how much of a god he is. Linares is a B++ level fighter thats at the end of his prime coupled with low power and ko ratio (56%). To get caught is expected at that age. Linares also has losses to not that great of fighters.

Sergio Thompson - never heard of him.
        Antonio DeMarco - decent B-Level fighter.
        Juan Carlos Salgado - never heard of him (ko'd prime Linares)

Lomo was making mistakes ALL NIGHT though! Left hooks with no set-up landing on his button. On the outside of the face and the inside line which is super rare.

B+ footwork tbh. He's doing too much with his feet and he's not collecting dividends from it. He ends up out of position. Who gives a fùck if you got twinkle toes or not when you can't make a guy miss and make him pay for it. Yay, you pivoted to my back, well the ref is breaking us up now and you ain't landed shít.
        Last edited by McNulty; 05-13-2018, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Because it's my topic and you need a reply.

You're using abductive reasoning which is erroneous in your examples and you've ended up inside a logical fallacy. Basically YDKSAB + YDKSAL (logic).

You are using GGG as a comparison and as noted, it's erroneous for the reasons stated. If you're going to make an example, there is a criterion for that example to resonate and make sense and yours doesn't.

Do you NOT know how quotes in forums work? That quote was for the other guy. Look, let's learn something today!

The purple is related to YOU and the yellow is NOT related to you.

Garcia, ok let's go! Just think of this like a Gallager show, get a rain coat on because you're going to get splashed with some shít. Get a rain coat before reading what's next.

Nobody is saying Mikey Garcia is better than Ali, or Robinson. Nobody is saying Garcia is a fighter of this lifetime or the best of this generation. Nobody is sucking Garcia's dick like most of y'all are doing.

Easter is a weight bully. 5'11" and 76" reach at 135? Get the FÙCK out of here dog! A lot of heavyweights have 76" reach.
          1. Bellew: 74"
          2. Joseph Parker: 76"
          3. Povetkin: 75"
          4. Miller: 78"
          5. Whyte: : 78"

Not sure what you're trying to say, not surprising though but I'll give it my best.

a) Garcia is 30, Easter is 27. Point?
          b) AJ has a * chin, what's that have to do with punching power?
          c) Charlo and Hurd are the same age. Again, point?

You referenced prime and ages, but your examples aren't comparing prime/ages. You can't even stay in context. When you use examples in reasoning, your point has to be clear and not all over the place otherwise, what are you trying to prove?

Again, nobody is saying Linares is better than Ali or Robinson and nobody is talking about his supreme footwork or how much of a god he is. Linares is a B++ level fighter thats at the end of his prime coupled with low power and ko ratio (56%). To get caught is expected at that age. Linares also has losses to not that great of fighters.

Sergio Thompson - never heard of him.
          Antonio DeMarco - decent B-Level fighter.
          Juan Carlos Salgado - never heard of him (ko'd prime Linares)

Lomo was making mistakes ALL NIGHT though! Left hooks with no set-up landing on his button. On the outside of the face and the inside line which is super rare.

B+ footwork tbh. He's doing too much with his feet and he's not collecting dividends from it. He ends up out of position. Who gives a fùck if you got twinkle toes or not when you can't make a guy miss and make him pay for it. Yay, you pivoted to my back, well the ref is breaking us up now and you ain't landed shít.
          Nothing you said was relevant to my context.

I'm saying he has great footwork and he got caught. No if ands or buts.

The examples I was making was about one thing not having to do with the other.

You make it sound like "if he had great footwork then it is IMPOSSIBLE for him to get knocked down". That is a ridiculous claim.

You seem to be upset about people claiming Loma is a god, and is better than Ali. If so, talk to those people that actually claimed that. I surely never said ANY of those things. It's like you're lashing out at ANYBODY that likes a certain boxer just because one or two people claimed that particular boxer was really good. If that's your take on things, then you're gonna be on here arguing with people about damn near every boxer.

Don't paint everyone with a broad brush. You know better than that.
          Last edited by Street15; 05-13-2018, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Nothing you said was relevant to my context.

I'm saying he has great footwork and he got caught. No if ands or buts.

The examples I was making was about one thing not having to do with the other.

You make it sound like "if he had great footwork then it is IMPOSSIBLE for him to get knocked down". That is a ridiculous claim.

You seem to be upset about people claiming Loma is a god, and is better than Ali. If so, talk to those people that actually claimed that. I surely never said ANY of those things. It's like you're lashing out at ANYBODY that likes a certain boxer just because one or two people claimed that particular boxer was really good. If that's your take on things, then you're gonna be on here arguing with people about damn near every boxer.

Don't paint everyone with a broad brush. You know better than that.
            I went into detail based on your response, like line by line! Are you ok man?

I never said NOR implied: if he had great footwork then it is IMPOSSIBLE for him to get knocked down. You're making that up out of thin air. I never said that so stop. Do you even know what being outside or inside the pocket means? You're out of your league here and making stuff up to try and get some sort of edge.

It's like you're lashing out at ANYBODY that likes a certain boxer just because one or two people claimed that particular boxer was really good.
            Woah haha. You on drugs man? Where the fùck are you getting this information from? Are you new here or something? One or two people lmao?

June 2017, I get it. I was here 10 years before you so if you're going to comment on my posting habits, do some research before you spew diarreha all over the forum.

Get on more and start reading. Have a good day!

Comment

It's boxing, it happens. Garcia was also dropped by a right hand, although at 130 lbs., vs. an opponent with a 49% career KO rate. It doesn't make them bad fighters. Neither were hurt, both got up and stopped their opponents. Hopefully they unify and then line up against each other for all the belts. High level fight with a ton of skill. Probably my second most anticipated fight after Wilder-Femi.

Comment

I went into detail based on your response, like line by line! Are you ok man?

I never said NOR implied: if he had great footwork then it is IMPOSSIBLE for him to get knocked down. You're making that up out of thin air. I never said that so stop. Do you even know what being outside or inside the pocket means? You're out of your league here and making stuff up to try and get some sort of edge.

Woah haha. You on drugs man? Where the fùck are you getting this information from? Are you new here or something? One or two people lmao?

June 2017, I get it. I was here 10 years before you so if you're going to comment on my posting habits, do some research before you spew diarreha all over the forum.

Get on more and start reading. Have a good day!
                You seem to be quite knowledgeable. But to go off on a fighter because a few people have claimed he is a "god" is ridiculous.

Yes, we all know what being inside and outside the pocket means.

What's strange is, you went line by line and STILL missed the point. I stated my point already. You're trying to negate things that Loma is good at because he got clipped. It's like you're trying to come up with reasons why he isn't a "god". Instead of just saying "Loma got caught because he wasn't being careful and through out a really soft, careless jab. It happens".

Instead, you go in the entire spiel about you people calling him a god, and the best, and better than Ali, and him having bad footwork - like any of those are the reason he got caught.

This is an example. I am not comparing. Please, please, please understand that. It's simply for context purposes. In no way am I saying Loma is Floyd or Floyd is Loma. In no way am I comparing their ages or their prime years or their competition or their legacy or what others have said about them....

Floyd got clipped by Zab. Did that mean Floyd has bad footwork? No. He simply got caught by that weird short right that Zab shot. It was clean. He got caught. No need to try to psychoanalyze it just because people called him great and he said he was the greatest.

(I actually just saw it again in the post you just responded to. Good post by the way)
                Last edited by Street15; 05-13-2018, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Questionable chin???? Ummmm guys, Linares CAN CRACK! there is literally no shame in getting dropped by a guy like linares. Loma got back up and stopped him thats what CHAMPIONS do.

Comment

You seem to be quite knowledgeable. But to go off on a fighter because a few people have claimed he is a "god" is ridiculous.

Yes, we all know what being inside and outside the pocket means.

What's strange is, you went line by line and STILL missed the point. I stated my point already. You're trying to negate things that Loma is good at because he got clipped. It's like you're trying to come up with reasons why he isn't a "god". Instead of just saying "Loma got caught because he wasn't being careful and through out a really soft, careless jab. It happens".

Instead, you go in the entire spiel about you people calling him a god, and the best, and better than Ali, and him having bad footwork - like any of those are the reason he got caught.

This is an example. I am not comparing. Please, please, please understand that. It's simply for context purposes. In no way am I saying Loma is Floyd or Floyd is Loma. In no way am I comparing their ages or their prime years or their competition or their legacy or what others have said about them....

Floyd got clipped by Zab. Did that mean Floyd has bad footwork? No. He simply got caught by that weird short right that Zab shot. It was clean. He got caught. No need to try to psychoanalyze it just because people called him great and he said he was the greatest.

(I actually just saw it again in the post you just responded to. Good post by the way)
                    It’s not a few dude, get with the program. Everybody and their mother is more accurate. Like I said, get some posts under your belt.

I had to explain what the pocket means a few x to young Boxers coming up here. I doubt you know either.

I know what he’s good at, what’s not to know?

I went line by line. You brought stuff up, I shot it down. You kids just don’t know how to learn from your mistakes. You win (*in your mind) even win you lose. When I played little league baseball only the winning team got ice cream cones. Lose, you went home with shít - no reward. You kids today, lose the game, get a cone anyway. No losers, everybody wins!

Weird short right? That’s called a RIGHT HOOK and there was nothing weird about it. At that moment, yes Floyd made a mistake, but we know by his body of work he adapted and never lost. Loma lost to Salido and got dropped by a fighter at the end of the road with low power, not the fastest hands in the division. Why even bring it up?

Obviously, we’re performing on two different levels. I’m not interested in moving forward with this type of content. I can’t engage on these bickeringly low levels. You don’t even have the basic tools for a decent reply. Get your levels up, I’m out and you’re on ignore. You’re not going to call me an idiot (in other words) then say good post at the very end.

Comment

Working...
                    X