Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name fighters that have never been accused of ever ducking a fight in their careers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlie Zelenoff

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      Nope, that's not a fair assessment of what happened at all. There is nothing to indicate Ali would not want the biggest non-Frazier fight to NOT happen. Prove it.

I can prove otherwise by simple knowledge of what was happening in boxing at the time. Foreman spent over a year out of the ring before fighting his first legitimate, post-Ali opponent, namely Ron Lyle. However, during his "time off", Foreman got fat, he got slower than ever and had one of the most ridiculous exhibitions of all time, fighting 5 "boxers" in one night. That was a horrendous show, where the crowd booed and hissed all night long, Ali was on commentary and ripped Foreman apart and the big man's reputation was shredded to pieces.

By the time he did return to full time competition in 76, he fought someone Ali had an easy time with, a shot Frazier and then some contenders. All this in the hopes of working his way back into title contention. That could have happened late 77 but right in the first half of the year, Foreman lost to Young, a decent but nothing special fighter. Then he spoke about visions, demons, being cleansed and retired.

So when was this rematch supposed to happen? After Foreman was viewed as a joke post 5 man show?

Like I said, we have to be fair and realistic.
      And if you read my post I said Ali was shot by the time Foreman came back.But he DID not want that fight or it would have happened in 76-78.I don't blame him it was just sayin how you could call ANYONE out on a duck.But the FACTS don't change Ali v Foreman 11 would have been biggest fight at that time and Ali DID NOT want it esp after Ali v Frazier 3.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
        And if you read my post I said Ali was shot by the time Foreman came back.But he DID not want that fight or it would have happened in 76-78.I don't blame him it was just sayin how you could call ANYONE out on a duck.But the FACTS don't change Ali v Foreman 11 would have been biggest fight at that time and Ali DID NOT want it esp after Ali v Frazier 3.
        What are you talking about? You havent even read the post. What an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          What are you talking about? You havent even read the post. What an idiot.
          I think your the idiot.You cant read????He was calling for the rematch from AT LEAST by 76 Ali did not lose to Spinks till 78.And yes Foreman lost to Young but that was late 77.Go back and do your homework.Ali was SHOT after Frazier 3 and his people knew it and DID NOT WANT Foreman.
          Last edited by john l; 03-15-2018, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
            Everyone's been accused of being a ducker. Pretty sure people said Lewis retired cause he was ducking vitali rematch
            Good shout forgot about that.

Matters less seeing as he fought and TKOd the guy he's being accussed of ducking though.

Comment

I think the only one here that has a 100% clean bill of ducks is Evander Holyfield

Comment

Never been accused?

Jake LaMotta

Joe Louis

Ezzard Charles

Archie Moore

Sonny Liston

JCC

Whitaker

De La Hoya

Gatti

Fullmer