Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody here think that Pacquiao may be in over his head?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody here think that Pacquiao may be in over his head?

I mean with his fight vs. Margarito in November.

Thoughts?

a part of me is...doing these 'keep busy' fights against bigger, decorated opponents is a dangerous game

its almost like a perfect storm is setting and a monumental upset is brewing

Comment

Originally posted by -pound4pound- View Post
      a part of me is...doing these 'keep busy' fights against bigger, decorated opponents is a dangerous game

its almost like a perfect storm is setting and a monumental upset is brewing
      That's what I am worried about and at 154? Pac is at a major disadvantage. 154 on a 5'7 frame...I hope Pac comes in closer to 150. Or is the fight at 150 already?

Comment

no Margacheato is a Cheater without the bricks hes nothing as seen in his last fight hands of stone will get murked

Comment

Yes.

Margarito will be very motivated for this fight. People say he looked like **** against Garcia which I did not think was totally true. He wil train like an animal for Pacquiao.

Also, the weight at 151 is perfect for Margarito... he will not be slower and as he was at the full 154 with Santos. He also will not have to sweat down to the 147 limit which is one of the reasons I think he looked like ****e against Mosely. So essentially this weight is the perfect compromise for him.

Add this to the fact he is so much taller than Pacquiao and a very good pressure fighter it could mean Pacquiao finds himself in a situation he has never experienced before. Remember when Morales could take Pacquiaos shots and then chase him around the ring to deliver his own back? I think you could see a similar thing in this fight.

I also think Pac hits no where near as hard as Mosely does and so will not be able to knock Margarito out unless Margarito has a total breakdown and just covers up against the ropes.

Still, saying all this Pacquaio has looked so good in the last few years it would not suprise me one bit to see him batter Margarito and stop him late. I would suggest Margarito might be a good outside bet especially if Pac opens as the very strong favouite (I have no checked the odds).

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Horton View Post
            That's what I am worried about and at 154? Pac is at a major disadvantage. 154 on a 5'7 frame...I hope Pac comes in closer to 150. Or is the fight at 150 already?

its at 150 but i dont really think that serves any advantage for PAC...Margarito has spent a majority of his career at WW and giving him a 3lb pass is only gonna help IMO

Tony has the chance to give his career a 180 should he pull this off...

Comment

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
              Yes.

Margarito will be very motivated for this fight. People say he looked like **** against Garcia which I did not think was totally true. He wil train like an animal for Pacquiao.

Also, the weight at 151 is perfect for Margarito... he will not be slower and as he was at the full 154 with Santos. He also will not have to sweat down to the 147 limit which is one of the reasons I think he looked like ****e against Mosely. So essentially this weight is the perfect compromise for him.

Add this to the fact he is so much taller than Pacquiao and a very good pressure fighter it could mean Pacquiao finds himself in a situation he has never experienced before. Remember when Morales could take Pacquiaos shots and then chase him around the ring to deliver his own back? I think you could see a similar thing in this fight.

I also think Pac hits no where near as hard as Mosely does and so will not be able to knock Margarito out unless Margarito has a total breakdown and just covers up against the ropes.

Still, saying all this Pacquaio has looked so good in the last few years it would not suprise me one bit to see him batter Margarito and stop him late. I would suggest Margarito might be a good outside bet especially if Pac opens as the very strong favouite (I have no checked the odds).
              Great post. Thanks.

Pacquiao has brought me so much entertainment over the last seven or eight years that I would really hate for his streak - one of the best runs that I have EVER seen a fight go on as a fan for nearly 30 years - to end. Especially to Margarito given the attempt to cheat against Mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by -pound4pound- View Post
                its at 150 but i dont really think that serves any advantage for PAC...Margarito has spent a majority of his career at WW and giving him a 3lb pass is only gonna help IMO

Tony has the chance to give his career a 180 should he pull this off...
                It's exciting! I must say, I haven't been this amped for a fight since the second and third Morales' fights.

If Pacquiao wins in a dominating fashion historians will have to seriously start rethinking their all-time p4p lists.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Horton View Post
                  Great post. Thanks.

Pacquiao has brought me so much entertainment over the last seven or eight years that I would really hate for his streak - one of the best runs that I have EVER seen a fight go on as a fan for nearly 30 years - to end. Especially to Margarito given the attempt to cheat against Mosley.
                  Yer, I just hope for a Pac win without him taking too much punishment. Fighting guys like Cotto, Clottey and Margarito is just asking for trouble and in my opinion will push Pac over his peak (he might have already left it) before the potential Mayweather fight happens.

Last thing we want to see is a poor performance from Floyd or Pac because they left fighting each other too late.

Comment

it might end if he fights a top 5 guy at 154

margarito however aint top 5 and will likely get his ass whooped

Comment

Working...
                    X