No announcement yet.

Greatest Heavyweights of The Past 20 Years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bundana View Post
    Good to hear, sonny... so no hard feelings?
    nope no hard feelings buddy

Comment

Originally posted by frankenfrank View Post
      (1) Puritty's percentage of good opposition is one of the highest percentages of the last 20 years.
      (2)
      (2.1) Purittys losses were mostly decision losses , (2.2)in fights of 10 rounds and shorter , so he did not have the opportunity to wear his opponents down.
      (2.3) The minority of Puritty's losses , the stoppage losses were all on cuts
      except , maybe , his first loss which I will be glad to learn about or better ,
      get a video of.
      (3) Puritty actually beat Morrisson , as he knocked him down twice in two separate rounds but still got a mere draw.
      (4) Puritty also KO'd Joe Hipp , and it was not due to excessive swelling around Hipp's eyes like in most Hipp's losses , it was a KO , actually Hipp's sole KO loss in his entire career before and after the fight , and as I know you are going to dis Hipp too , Hipp more than avenged his first loss , and also stopped Joey Christjohn who outpointed McCall and KO'd Cleveland Woods who was the first to stop Puritty.
      Hipp's outcome against Morrisson could have just as well be a stoppage win in favour of Hipp if he only was labeled as the prospect and Morrisson was labeled the journeymen . But you will diss them all anyway , so what difference does it make ?
      Fact is Puritty achieved more than Mercer .
      Neither Mercer nor Morrisson nor many others fought the amount of young prospect whom will almost every time get the decision over a journeyman.
      Give me a better option than Puritty , or better : post your list.
      It really takes a genius to diss other men's list without posting their own list.
      My list done quickly:

1). Lewis
      2). Bowe
      3). Holyfield
      4). Vitali
      5). Tyson
      6). Wlad
      7). Ibeabuchi
      8). Byrd
      9). Ruiz
      10). Foreman

Anyways how can you say he fought the highest level of competition when the majority of his wins are against fighters either making there pro debut or have a losing record?

Losing by a wide decision is hardly anything for purrity to hang his hat on.

Hipp's sole loss by KO? Morrison put him to sleep in the ninth round as shown here;

Mercer beat Bert Cooper, Franco Daimiani, Tommy Morrison, Jesse Ferguson, Tim Witherspoon.

Purrity beat Wlad and who? Who did Purrity beat that makes him so highly regarded?

Purrity record against fighter's with a winning record is:

6 - 20 - 3

Mercer's record against fighter's with a winning record:

33 - 7

There is no comparison between the two. Mercer was a contender, Purrity was a sacrificial lamb for the real contenders to feast on there way up the ranks.
      Last edited by DeepSleep; 05-11-2010, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepSleep View Post
        My list done quickly:

1). Lewis
        2). Bowe
        3). Holyfield
        4). Vitali
        5). Tyson
        6). Wlad
        7). Ibeabuchi
        8). Byrd
        9). Ruiz
        10). Foreman

Anyways how can you say he fought the highest level of competition when the majority of his wins are against fighters either making there pro debut or have a losing record?

Losing by a wide decision is hardly anything for purrity to hang his hat on.

Hipp's sole loss by KO? Morrison put him to sleep in the ninth round as shown here;

Mercer beat Bert Cooper, Franco Daimiani, Tommy Morrison, Jesse Ferguson, Tim Witherspoon.

Purrity beat Wlad and who? Who did Purrity beat that makes him so highly regarded?

Purrity record against fighter's with a winning record is:

6 - 20 - 3

Mercer's record against fighter's with a winning record:

33 - 7

There is no comparison between the two. Mercer was a contender, Purrity was a sacrificial lamb for the real contenders to feast on there way up the ranks.
        Depends on what you choose to measure.
        Your list is not too bad and Puritty is borderline in my list.
        Ruiz was put to sleep by Tua , and destroyed by Haye .
        Ruiz did not face the Klitschkos , he did not face Corrie Sanders and not many others Puritty faced.
        But I can understand picking him instead of Puritty. Not a bad choice.
        Mercer was stopped by Wlad who Puritty stopped.
        Mercer did not face most of the guys Puritty faced , Puritty did very good for a sacrificial lamb. Mercer failed as a contender.
        Mercer had less of Puritty's opposition than Puritty had of Mercer's opposition.

Comment

Depends on what you choose to measure.
          Your list is not too bad and Puritty is borderline in my list.
          Ruiz was put to sleep by Tua , and destroyed by Haye .
          Ruiz did not face the Klitschkos , he did not face Corrie Sanders and not many others Puritty faced.
          But I can understand picking him instead of Puritty. Not a bad choice.
          Mercer was stopped by Wlad who Puritty stopped.
          Mercer did not face most of the guys Puritty faced , Puritty did very good for a sacrificial lamb. Mercer failed as a contender.
          Mercer had less of Puritty's opposition than Puritty had of Mercer's opposition.
          I'm sorry I'm just having a really hard time understanding your logic, I can't seem to follow how losing against almost every great fighter you fought correlates to greatness.

If you honestly rank Purrity in the top 15 HW of the last 20 years, how do you explain Purrity losing to so many no name fighter's?

Like These:
          Atilla Levin, Timo Hoffman, Eliser Castillo, Brian Nielson, Will Hinton, King Ipitan, Derek Isaman, John Sargent, Cleveland Woods and Alexander Miroshnichenko.

And how do you explain the fact that he was 6 - 20 -3 against fighter's with a winning record.

I get giving him credit for fighting tough with guys who had him outgunned and not getting knocked out but he simply didn't win nearly enough to be compared to the top HW's.

Say what you want about Mercer but he was 33 - 7 against fighter's with a winning record, surely a much better feat than only winning 6 out of 29 fights like Purrity.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepSleep View Post
            I'm sorry I'm just having a really hard time understanding your logic, I can't seem to follow how losing against almost every great fighter you fought correlates to greatness.

If you honestly rank Purrity in the top 15 HW of the last 20 years, how do you explain Purrity losing to so many no name fighter's?

Like These:
            Atilla Levin, Timo Hoffman, Eliser Castillo, Brian Nielson, Will Hinton, King Ipitan, Derek Isaman, John Sargent, Cleveland Woods and Alexander Miroshnichenko.

And how do you explain the fact that he was 6 - 20 -3 against fighter's with a winning record.

I get giving him credit for fighting tough with guys who had him outgunned and not getting knocked out but he simply didn't win nearly enough to be compared to the top HW's.

Say what you want about Mercer but he was 33 - 7 against fighter's with a winning record, surely a much better feat than only winning 6 out of 29 fights like Purrity.
            Mercer would have lost to most of the guys who have a win over Puritty.
            The difference : Mercer was better managed , with easier opponents , bigger delay between fights , etc , and still managed to lose to Lewis when Lewis decided to play Mercer's game.
            Not to mention Fergusson , Mercer's Kryptonite , and Mercer's stoppage losses as opposed to Puritty's distance losses , etc.

Comment

and Mercer's stoppage losses as opposed to Puritty's distance losses , etc.
              Huh? Mercer was stopped only TWICE in his career, both times after he was completely washed up.

Poet

Comment

1. Riddick Bowe
                2. Lennox Lewis
                3. Evander Holyfield
                4. George Foreman
                5. Mike Tyson
                6. Vital
                7. Wlad
                8. McCall
                9. Mercer
                10. Morrison

Comment

My sig says it all

Comment

1. Evander Holyfield
                    2. Lennox Lewis
                    3. Wladimir Klitschko
                    4. Riddick Bowe
                    5. George Foreman
                    6. Chris Byrd
                    7. Hasim Rahman
                    8. John Ruiz
                    9. Michael Moorer
                    10. Vitali Klitschko

Tyson only makes the list if you want the best HWs from the last 25 years, not the last 20 years.

Comment

Working...
                    X