Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones Jr is a compulsive liar Oct 1996 (video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Jones Jr is a compulsive liar Oct 1996 (video)

Prompted by HBO's clueless commentator Jim Lampley, Roid Jones blatantly lies about making offers of "7 figures or considerably more" to Nigel Benn, Frankie Liles, Steve Collins, and (LOL) Vincenzo Nardiello. A complete fabrication.

Yeh you see that other thread? Asking if Roid Jones Poo-noire would stand a chance in the modern LHW division. Absolute joke, anyone with more than 15 braincells could tell you he'd get beat HARD. Making excuses like he is too old and is retired, he is shook as hell and as you see in this video, a liar to boot.

Disgrace to boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Vadrigar. View Post
      Prompted by HBO's clueless commentator Jim Lampley, Roid Jones blatantly lies about making offers of "7 figures or considerably more" to Nigel Benn, Frankie Liles, Steve Collins, and (LOL) Vincenzo Nardiello. A complete fabrication.

Benn was offered 3 million by HBO but he would have to break his contract with King which he refused to do cuz he would have been penalized.

I also heard there was a big offer from King that was rejected because King wanted Jones to sign which Jones didn't want to work with King like that. Rightly so!

Collins got a similar offer but priced himself out with a 7 million dollar request.

Listen to him, sounds shook!

Last edited by McNulty; 01-16-2018, 11:28 AM.

Comment

So you're claiming the offers were less than 7 figures?

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
          Benn was offered 3 million by HBO but he would have to break his contract with King which he refused to do cuz he would have been penalized.

I also heard there was a big offer from King that was rejected because King wanted Jones to sign which Jones didn't want to work with King like that. Rightly so!

Collins got a similar offer but priced himself out with a 7 million dollar request.

Listen to him, sounds shook!

Lmao how tf does he sound shook?

Comment

What are you trying to say?

Comment

Surely, there's more interesting things going on in boxing today than a 22 year old video of Roy Jones talking about offers to potential opponents.

Comment

If Roy Jones was not one of the best 160 to 175 pound boxers in history then he fooled me because I think he was. I think he had about 13 successful light heavyweight title defenses in a row before being KOed by Tarver. He went down hill after that and his chin was no longer dependable. Before that his speed, skill and power made him extremely hard to beat. I believe he would have defeated all 4 of those boxers. I have no idea if the offers he claimed were made to them were accurate or false.

Comment

Working...
                X