Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Showtime allow Paulie to be a commentator for the fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SintilatingDTS View Post
    Serious question. Even doe this isn't the court room, shouldn't he have to recuse himself? He's not a play by play guy, he's paid for his opinion and he obviously has tremendous animosity for one of the combatants. How can there be any expectation of impartiality?

What do you guys think?
    Did u ask the same question about Lampley for the Mayweather Pacquiao fight ?

Comment

Good question.

It's like a scorned woman commenting on a fight..

Might be good though. Seeing a scorned woman biatch in the biggest mismatch in history. So I guess I'm up for it lol

Comment

Originally posted by SintilatingDTS View Post
        Serious question. Even doe this isn't the court room, shouldn't he have to recuse himself? He's not a play by play guy, he's paid for his opinion and he obviously has tremendous animosity for one of the combatants. How can there be any expectation of impartiality?

What do you guys think?
        Jeff sessions is an interesting analogy, actually.

Both in lofty positions with absolutely fuck all power.

Comment

Why not? because he can not be impartial? he's not there to be impartial, he's not the judge, dude.

He sparred one of them, so he will know what he's talking about in his analysis better than if he hadnt sparred/fought any of them. I dont see the problem, appart from your hate, ofc.

Comment

They should make a fuss and promote the fact that he will be and revealing more details, it will only help the ppv more.

Comment

you act like there is some kind of high level integrity to this fight. this fight is a side show circus.

i want them to keep paulie on. Hes going to start talking chit about conor as soon as the bell goes off.

Comment

Paulie has ruined his credibility forget all the garbage about whether or not he was knocked out or not. This clown just months ago destroyed this fight and said it would be a disrespect to boxing. Then the moment it was made did a 180 calling it a great fight and beefed with boxing fans on twitter who called him a sell out. Then went to the Mcgregor camp allowed himself to be used as a promotional prop because he's an attention whore. Literally hours before the leaked "knockout" photo was saying how great Mcgregor looked in sparring and beefed with hard core boxing fans who were calling him a disgrace and bragging about how many new MMA twitter followers he got. Now he's trashing Mcgregor saying he killed him in sparring and going on non stop 24/7 twitter rants boxing and MMA fans. At best he pulled a Bob Arum with a "I lied to you yesterday about sparring but today I'm telling you the truth". At worst he's hypocrite sell out who now has a vindictive psycho ex girlfriend obsession.

I never thought it would spiral to this level but if you Showtime now you have to seriously think about yanking him from the broadcast he's too much a distraction and has no credibility.

Comment

Paulie will be cheering and shouting in the mic when Floyd starts teeing off on Conor for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                    you act like there is some kind of high level integrity to this fight. this fight is a side show circus.
                    Lmao yep, this. And not just for this fight but combat sports as a whole, and in particular the sport of boxing. As much as I love and defend the sport of boxing, it's generally regarded as on the of the biggest offenders of sports on this entire planet when it comes to lack of integrity.

"Integrity" is the last thing Showtime is worried about. And would it even matter anyway? You could plug in a trio of homeless guys off the street commentating this fight and it would affect the sales an approximately 0.000000000%.

Comment

Who cares, its a circus anyway. Let Paulie add to the "drama."

Comment

Working...
                      X