No announcement yet.

A correlation between ideology and style preference of a fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A correlation between ideology and style preference of a fighter

Is it just me or does it seem that generally.... Fans who prefer the more defensive, elusive, sweet science type of Boxers are almost always Progressive, Leftists/Liberals and vote for Democrats [Yuck]. While those boxing fans who prefer the more aggressive, come forward, pressure, brawler slugger are Conservative/Right, Small Govt, Pro-Free Markets.
    Last edited by One_Tycoon; 10-17-2015, 04:19 PM.

Could this be because the counter punching, elusive, defensive fighter works a lot less harder in the ring than his more aggressive counterpart and this is what a leftist/progressive boxing fan prefers. To not work hard for a living while reaping all the rewards.

While the right-wing, productive citizenry... appreciates a hard worker in the ring, and thus prefers the grinder, the pressure fighter, the high activity rate workhorse.
    Last edited by One_Tycoon; 10-17-2015, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Counterpunchers dont work less than any other fighter

Comment

Originally posted by walrusthewill View Post
        Counterpunchers dont work less than any other fighter
        Sure they do....just look at the guy in your avatar picture. The equivalent of a fat, lazy entitled type. He loathed road work and just felt that he was above it all and that he could get by on talent alone. No hard work needed.

And he didn't exactly break any compubox numbers in his career for punches thrown or landed. He just lays back as comfortably as he can and reacts off of what the blue collar guy is throwing at him.

Comment

I've always seen Muhammad Ali as very individualist with his style inside and out of the ring. Milton Friedman was a big Muhammad Ali fan. I see Sergio Martinez in kind of the same style, but he seems to be a Kirchner supporter (or at least he met with her) and she's a corrupt leftist. Floyd Mayweather is a pretty big fan of capitalism I'd imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by ILLuminato View Post
            I've always seen Muhammad Ali as very individualist with his style inside and out of the ring. Milton Friedman was a big Muhammad Ali fan. I see Sergio Martinez in kind of the same style, but he seems to be a Kirchner supporter (or at least he met with her) and she's a corrupt leftist. Floyd Mayweather is a pretty big fan of capitalism I'd imagine.
            Maybe he is...though I doubt it. He did after all support obama. But we got sidetracked here....this wasn't about the fighters themselves but the fans who prefer one style or the other. And I submit that those who like floyd tend to be disproportionately supporters of democrats.
            Last edited by One_Tycoon; 12-29-2014, 03:31 AM.

Comment

I have big balls, so I like fighter with big balls as well.

Comment

never noticed anything like that. i have noticed that smart people are generally able to enjoy smart boxing while less intelligent fans only like brainless brawling.
                Last edited by #1Assassin; 11-04-2013, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                  never noticed anything like that. i have noticed that smart people are generally able to enjoy smart boxing while less intelligent fans only like brainless brawling.
                  I could shoot holes into that theory.

Starting by reading a few posts over at Nsb. But are you trying to tell us that you're smart. NO way!!!
                  Last edited by One_Tycoon; 12-29-2014, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                    Thats ridiculous, fighters fight the way that best fits their ability. If Rios tried to fight like a slick fighter, he would easily get beaten even by journey men. I see no trend at all that "smart" people employ a smart boxing style, which i assume u mean "slick"

Comment

Working...
                    X