Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chart: Floyd Mayweather is Easily Highest Paid Athlete

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just happy someone from a "dead" sport is number one. Just happy its a boxer.

Comment

Yet Pacquiao and Canelo think they're on the same negotiating level as Mayweather. Canelo thought he was hurting Mayweather by refusing to be on the undercard May 4th. It didn't make a dent in how much he made. Some like to factor in Canelo's fan base. Well, who do you think bought all the PPVs and showed up at arena? It wasn't the Mayweathers. Floyd's fan base is the biggest of any boxer and his ability to generate revenue is better than any other athlete. When they come to the negotiating table with that in mind then maybe you'll see him against Pacquiao and Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
        Yet Pacquiao and Canelo think they're on the same negotiating level as Mayweather. Canelo thought he was hurting Mayweather by refusing to be on the undercard May 4th. It didn't make a dent in how much he made. Some like to factor in Canelo's fan base. Well, who do you think bought all the PPVs and showed up at arena? It wasn't the Mayweathers. Floyd's fan base is the biggest of any boxer and his ability to generate revenue is better than any other athlete. When they come to the negotiating table with that in mind then maybe you'll see him against Pacquiao and Canelo
        Why don't you let Floyd Jr. showcase his Boxing by shadow Boxing ALONE and let see how he will fair in PPV, without an opponent.

Comment

[QUOTE=King Jaffe Joffer;13373179]I think its pretty sad the best boxer in the last 10 or so gets no endorsement money.. Its a real shame.. We have rapist like Kobe and murders like Ray Lewis cleaning up in endorsements..

I know a lot of blame is on Floyd.. Before the woman beating thing he didnt get endorsements because of his bad guy persona. Foul mouth, open gambler and strip club visits, throw in his ****y attitude and flashyness.. White folks dont like that lol.. Therefore no endorsements..

Maybe now that he seems to have calmed down, he may get an endorsement or 2..

Floyd doesnt have any endorsements because he chooses not to, fyi the tmt gear is his and they dont count that as endorsement...

Comment

Originally posted by mrpizza-nd_beer View Post
            It's cherry picking for Floyd because he didn't fight someone who could be the real test. Pacquiao, Canelo, Williams, Martinez, prime Margarito, prime Cotto, Prime Mosley. He skirted all of them.

Rios and Alvarado are 1-1. Rios KTFO Alvarado. Alvarado won by a decision. Does it really matter who won first and who lost second? A third match is still to decide who is best between the two. What if Rios lost by KO to Pac then goes on to fight Alvardo for a III then KO's Alvarado. What good is your post now?

You find fault in someone who just got KTFO by a legit pound for pound in Marquez, and yet close your eyes on the type of fighter lined up for Floyd like Alexander, Khan, and the previously defeated flat footed slow as molasses Guerrero.

Floyd's bush must be really thick you can't see behind the nuts.
            Another deluded pac hack. Floyd chased oscar and shane for years and finally caught and defeated them. Unlike pac who flat out ducked shane and countless others. Cotto was in tbe same spot as pac. He was sold as the foe to beat floyd but arum would never make that fight and claimed floyd was afraid of cotto. Once he was free from arum the fight was made with no problem. At lease he is not fighting the same foe multiple times and making fight demands that helps him to win. And why do you requests floyd to fight giants like martinez and canelo who would be around 170lbs on fight night. And yet pac is fighting jr ww and getting beat by them and yet dudes still say floyd is ducking pac lol. Arum said if floyd let me promote the fight it could be made in no time. So if floyd was the hold up arum would not be able to make such a claim.

Comment

Originally posted by MayMosPeaHop View Post
              The bold is exactly where you are wrong. FMJ's fights are his business investments. There is no way FMJ is paying $39% and has a corporation. Even without a corporation the numbers can be twisted and moved around to keep more of your money. Capital Gains is one way to hide money, but just like Mitt Romney, I am sure FMJ has off shore accounts and other investments. Mitt Romney did not pay a 15% tax rate just off capital gains and neither does Warren Buffet. FMJ was cut a check for 32 million after the fight up front to himself not to hidam good post!!! company(Mayweather Promotions). Not even that 32 million will be taxed at 39% . I am in the 28% tax bracket and I do not pay 28%. The more money you make = the more you should keep in this country with all the loop holes.
              Dam good post!!!! We are in the same bracket. And yet im never taxed at 28%. Multivest created a LLC for me which allowed to write off a ton of expenses. Even vacations were written off because i did promo work and kept ledgers which included miles. Life is good!!!

Comment

What does how much money floyd makes have to do with anything when he consistently keeps giving us garbage fights?

This is boxing, not wall street.
                Last edited by DARKSEID; 05-16-2013, 03:22 AM.

Comment

five years after he quits boxing he'll be broke or in jail , he's just a thug ,,,,,,,,,,,,bottom line .

Comment

Originally posted by Gratide View Post
                    five years after he quits boxing he'll be broke or in jail , he's just a thug ,,,,,,,,,,,,bottom line .
                    If you really think floyd is a thug then you dont know what a real thug is. And if you think he will burn through 200 million dollars in five yrs you are a dreamer. Stop the hate.

Comment

Working...
                    X