Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trader tells BBC news that a huge economic crash is coming....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
    Well the trader in the video reckons it's a good idea to invest in treasury bonds lol Maybe an idea for you lol
    Gold is where its at baby

Comment

Originally posted by jjbj2 View Post
      It is like asking a mechanic.

Scenario:

Customer: "Hey can you fix my broken tire?"
      Mechanic: "Yea, sure."
      Customer: "How much?"
      Mechanic: "Well, $500."

Stupid right?

If your mechanic thinks his 2 hours are worth $500 to fix your car then you are a moron. Even the products used to fix your car is not going to cost that much to fix your tire.

Same in this scenario.

The "Trader" was being honest. His job is to make money in an up economy and in a down economy.

Same thing with a military personnel. His or her job is to fulfill their role as a soldier and carry on their individual MOS.

The "Trader" is not going to fix the economy. Business owners and politicians are the ones to talk to. I mean the business owners/shareholders, the CEOs, the Board of Directors, the Congress, Parliaments, the Presidents, and the Prime Ministers are the ones to fix the economy.

Not some drone ("Trader") in a financial company. It is like asking a "Cashier" how he or she is going to expand the business. It is stupid and what you get are opinions and sensationalism. Ask a business owner they'll tell you, "Well we are looking at expanding in Asia especially in China where business is booming and so is the urbanization of the towns/cities."

It is like asking a "soldier" what is the next move of the U.S. government concerning Iraq and Afghanistan. They will tell you get out/pull out, stay in/rebuild, and others. You won't get a concrete answer from an ordinary soldier. Now, ask a General, a politician, or the freaking President they will tell you: "We are moving the soldiers from FOBs that are "green zoned" and reinforce Helmand Province." Or "We are decreasing the number of troops in Iraq and Afghanistan in 2 years."

The news media that runs 24 hours are so hungry for news that they will ask anyone and everyone for their opinion. And I'll be honest some people's opinion are not worth listening. Like mine you don't have to agree or disagree just be apathetic. The only time you should be concerned is if the President all of sudden comes out in national t.v. and says publicly that he can't fix the economy then that is the time to agree, disagree, and express concern.

This "Trader" was honest but is his opinion worth listening to? The answer is no. Sensationalist and opinionated? Yes! Educational or worth adding to the conversation? NO!
      Sorry but this example holds no weight with me. As an HVAC tech of 6 years customers always give me the "are you fu$$ing crazy" eye when I tell them our prices.

They have nooooo idea what goes into those cost for example;

My schooling- very expensive
      My tools- i use my tools to fix your crap, that adds wear to them, whose going to pay for them when they break?
      Time- i got to make my money right?
      Work expenses- Gas, tolls, truck repairs, licenses etc all very expensive.
      Equipment and parts

sorry to derail the thread.......

Comment

Originally posted by spyvsspy View Post
        Still to expensive

Comment

Originally posted by spyvsspy View Post
          Silver may be > Gold in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
            Silver may be > Gold in the long run.

Cadmium > Silver > Gold > Whale Semen

Comment

Originally posted by yonge.heffer View Post
              Cadmium > Silver > Gold > Whale Semen
              If it's used as it is now it could likely be a rarity in the future and rival prices of Platinum. Unlike gold that's digged up and stored away, silver is an industrial metal used in a wide variaty of things like cellphones, batteries just to name a few. Also it's a precious metal used in a wide range of jewelry.

Supply and Demand, Economics 101.

Kill all but 1 whale and that semen will be worth its weight in gold, however wait another decade and it'll be

Cadmium > Gold > Silver > Whale Semen. Interesting thesis :wank:

Comment

Originally posted by borgata View Post
                Sorry but this example holds no weight with me. As an HVAC tech of 6 years customers always give me the "are you fu$$ing crazy" eye when I tell them our prices.

They have nooooo idea what goes into those cost for example;

My schooling- very expensive
                My tools- i use my tools to fix your crap, that adds wear to them, whose going to pay for them when they break?
                Time- i got to make my money right?
                Work expenses- Gas, tolls, truck repairs, licenses etc all very expensive.
                Equipment and parts

sorry to derail the thread.......
                Yea, my example didn't hold water since I couldn't articulate it better.

Anyway, water under the bridge.

Also, mechanics should make the money they deserve. Certifications are not cheap. I know being in the military that takes time and fees. All of those certs add up to a few thousand dollars.

My whole point to the wall of text was don't get carried away by sensationalist opinions spewed by the media.

Comment

Trader may have been acting in own self-interest
                  27-09-11
                  THERE is a chance the scary trader on the BBC News may have been acting selfishly, it has emerged.

Alessio Rastani said stockmarkets were 'toast', the Eurozone rescue package would fail and that in 12 months your savings would be wiped out, in a move that experts said was clearly about making a colossal amount of money by lunchtime.

The trader, who does not get invited to a huge number of parties, also left millions of viewers traumatised with the revelation that financial markets do not care about them.

Julian Cook, chief economist at Donnelly-McPartlin, said: "Rastani has obviously built up significant positions in panic, paranoia and Mad Max futures, but the emerging Eurozone deal could have knocked at least 12% off their value.

"Therefore he had no choice but to go on television and tell you that you were going to die. I'm only surprised he didn't put an unloaded pistol to his head and pull the trigger."

Martin Bishop, fear analyst at Madeley Finnegan, said: "Rastani has already driven fear prices up 6%.

"And this is top quality, long-term fear because it comes from an expert who everyone knows is a total shark but also has no idea whether or not to believe him and so will inevitably just do exactly what he says."

Meanwhile Rastani also claimed that 'Goldman Sachs, not governments, rule the world' leading to an explosion in online I-told-you-sos from amateur experts who have been saying this sort of thing in pubs for years.

But Roy Hobbs, professor of simplification at Roehampton University, said: "With all due respect to Goldman Sachs, it's actually run by a complex network of bastards.

"Or do Goldman Sachs pay me to say that? You'll never know."

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/b...-201109274352/

Comment

This guy gave a poor man's version of this:

Which has been a AD airing on Fox, CNN and other news channels, which led to this site and video presentation:

www.EndofAmerica2.com

Which at the end turned out to be a money-making scheme, trying to scare people with the video, asking them to subscribe to his website and order his solutions.
                    Last edited by cupocity303; 09-28-2011, 08:57 PM.

Comment

wow, precious metals is where its at??? never heard that, you guys are too hip.

Comment

Working...
                      X