Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AT WHAT POINT does EXCESSIVE HEADBUTTING become a FOUL or ACCIDENTAL?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
    I thought Holyfield was one of the most dirty fighters in the sport. He walks around talking about god and when he got in the ring he would smash you to death with his head. Use his elbows to gain leverage and hold excessivley especially against Tyson, Toney and Lewis....Lefty
    When he got older he started holding more and more, personally I thought Tyson himself was a more intentionally dirty fighter, he used to intentionally use his elbows as a follow through when he threw his punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
      When he got older he started holding more and more, personally I thought Tyson himself was a more intentionally dirty fighter, he used to intentionally use his elbows as a follow through when he threw his punches.
      I do not disagree with that assumption sir. Tyson defintely used his elbows in his fights. Following through with them but also putting every ounce of power into those uppercuts and hookd as well. The thread my friend is about head butts. When I think of head butts I think Holyfield, Hopkins, Hagler and now TIm Bradley....Lefty

Comment

Isn't it so that the rules of boxing states that it's illegal to lead with the head? So if you lead with the head and there's a butt there's little way it can be considered accidental if the ref enforces the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          Isn't it so that the rules of boxing states that it's illegal to lead with the head? So if you lead with the head and there's a butt there's little way it can be considered accidental if the ref enforces the rules.
          What up BATMAN? Check my thread from a while back tellme in light of what has transpired since what you think of the thread BAT....Lefty

Ward Held, Elbow'd and Shoved His Way To Victory...

Comment

What up BATMAN? Check my thread from a while back tellme in light of what has transpired since what you think of the thread BAT....Lefty

Ward Held, Elbow'd and Shoved His Way To Victory...
            Ward doesn't consider himself a dirty fighter, but he is. He's probably the dirtiest among top fighters today with the possible exception of Hopkins.

Comment

Ward doesn't consider himself a dirty fighter, but he is. He's probably the dirtiest among top fighters today with the possible exception of Hopkins.
              Agreed BAT I thought he was very dirty in the Miranda fight and in the Kessler fight. That being said "PROTECT YOURSELF AT ALL TIMES" that is your sole responsibility and everyfighter should remember that. the reff is only going to protect you to a certain point....Lefty

Comment

Agreed BAT I thought he was very dirty in the Miranda fight and in the Kessler fight. That being said "PROTECT YOURSELF AT ALL TIMES" that is your sole responsibility and everyfighter should remember that. the reff is only going to protect you to a certain point....Lefty
                Absolutely. But it's hard to protect yourself from illegal moves like nutshots, rabbitpunching etc. Personally I think Kessler should have retaliated with a lowblow once it became clear that the ref wouldn't enforce the rules.

As for Ward being dirty let me say that Ward just used the last devastating flying headbutt at a time when the fight was all but won. That tells me that the dirty stuff is in his style and he'll use those butts always if he can get away with it.

The first time Ward gets to fight outside his hometown and he get's a strict referee he will be in trouble. Take away the holding and the butting and you are looking at a frustrated Andre Ward.

Comment

Absolutely. But it's hard to protect yourself from illegal moves like nutshots, rabbitpunching etc. Personally I think Kessler should have retaliated with a lowblow once it became clear that the ref wouldn't enforce the rules.

As for Ward being dirty let me say that Ward just used the last devastating flying headbutt at a time when the fight was all but won. That tells me that the dirty stuff is in his style and he'll use those butts always if he can get away with it.

The first time Ward gets to fight outside his hometown and he get's a strict referee he will be in trouble. Take away the holding and the butting and you are looking at a frustrated Andre Ward.
                  I think Ward had decent speed and power. he has a suspect chin or at least have heard that being claimed but I havent really seen him hurt yet. Granted I have only seen three of his fights. But it is what it is BAT fighting outside the hometown might always produce a bad meal for a fighter...Lefty

Comment

I do not disagree with that assumption sir. Tyson defintely used his elbows in his fights. Following through with them but also putting every ounce of power into those uppercuts and hookd as well. The thread my friend is about head butts. When I think of head butts I think Holyfield, Hopkins, Hagler and now TIm Bradley....Lefty
                    I think Ward had decent speed and power. he has a suspect chin or at least have heard that being claimed but I havent really seen him hurt yet. Granted I have only seen three of his fights. But it is what it is BAT fighting outside the hometown might always produce a bad meal for a fighter...Lefty
                    I brought this thread back for the newbies who don't know me.....GuNzZ

Comment

Working...
                    X