No announcement yet.

Crocop Belfort Parallel

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crocop Belfort Parallel

First of all I believe Crocop should stay retired, seeing what he has gone though recently is just too painful to watch now. But hear me out....

We all can agree this decline started when he entered the UFC, (weather it was the psychological effect of the octagon or level of competition the ufc had to offer is always debatable) But the fact remains he started becoming gun shy and could no longer let his hands go.....

Another fighter comes to mind in a similar situation but not to the same extent as Crocop. Vitor Belfort. In his early years Vitor was a striker w/ no fear. He was strong, quick and wasnt shy about it. But somewhere along the way his performances varied, as at times he looked very reluctant, too defensive imo. Watching those fights it felt as if psychologically he was holding back, for whatever reason.

Enter: Shawn Tompkins at Extreme Couture .... Before the Terry Martin fight (Affliction 1), Randy was broadcasting and was telling the story of how Vitor asked for their help. He went on to say Vitor had all the "talents and gifts, but he just needed to let his hands go" He also talked as if Vitor had some sort of "mental block". Randy went on to state that Shawn worked w/ him extensively and helped erase that block from his mind. Since Vitor's trainer change, he's been on a KO spree and more importantly he looks like his old self.

Seeing at How it helped Belfort, How do you think he'd fair if he hooked up w/ a Greg Jackson or Shawn Tompkins for a last resort.

What are your thoughts

*In recent news, Mirco has dropped his boxing coach and sparring partner. He's brought in Ivan Hippolyte....But the problem is this is the same guy that got him ready for the Kongo fight.
    Last edited by kymira; 11-11-2009, 01:15 PM.

Vitor started to go downhill when his sister was murdered which is understandable. I'm glad to see he is back to his old form.

Comment

Originally posted by Harms View Post
      Vitor started to go downhill when his sister was murdered which is understandable. I'm glad to see he is back to his old form.
      Vitor was going downhill before then. Pedro Rizzo is another fighter who couldn't get passed his mental block...

Comment

Working...
      X