Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jones looked great tonight, but lets not get carried away.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ®ich Lo© View Post
    Typical Yank, Hating on the greatness of Joe Calzaghe.

Calzaghe had a chance to be great by beating Pavlik and Dawson, he chose to retire after beating Roy Jones.

Comment

I don't hate him ; I'm indifferent to him.

I used to hate him, but I've grown to respect him a bit more now that he's retired.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
        Calzaghe had a chance to be great by beating Pavlik and Dawson, he chose to retire after beating Roy Jones.
        A prime Roy don't forget to mention that.

Comment

He is a very skilled fighter everyone with any sense acknowledges that, but he won't be remembered in 20 years....at least not world wide. He didn't leave many memorable moments for fans anywhere other than England to remember. He didn't come to the states until too late and just when we were getting to know him he left.....too bad there are plenty of fight I wish we could have seen him in.

Comment

The only thing Roy has left is hand speed. He has almost no defense other than using what's left of his agility, and he still concedes to retreating to the ropes from even ineffective pressure. I'm sorry, but Lacy was there to be flattened.. he brought nothing to the table tonight.. 0 power, and Roy was still being Roy. If Jr. keeps fighting he should never try and venture back up to fighting the elite. He has enough bad habits to be exploited still.

Comment

No Yank could keep the great Joe Calzaghe down.

Comment

Originally posted by shonuff488 View Post
                No bitterness towards Calzaghe. He picked his spots very nicely, but in the long run know one even knows who he is. 20 years from now no one will know who he was. Roy Jones and Bernard Hopkins will go down as legends and all time greats.
                In the US. Outside the US there will be a more balanced memory of history. Hopkins will be less remembered outside the US.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post

I used to hate him, but I've grown to respect him a bit more now that he's retired.
                  The only white boy to ever beat B-Hop.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post

Why did you hate him?

Comment

I thought the Trinidad win was more impressive, at least Trinidad put up a better fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X