Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone claiming ward vs kov was a robbery need to go to a workshop on scoring fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
    Most fighters had it a very close fight with a lot saying they gave it to Ward. Just like Mayweather-Pacquiao fight, this fight shows there's of people that don't know what they're watching or how to score a fight.
    Don't know how to score a fight?

Kovalev landed more punches, the harder punches, and scored a knockdown. He landed more punches in 6 rounds, and more power punches in seven rounds.

I understand people thinking they are special, and have a refined eye, taking the counter stance to prove their "superiority." It's human nature, it's called being a contrarian. (Or a biased Ward fan..he's a good dude, nothing wrong with that)
    If you like Ward, I can see you being proud of his chin, and fighting an excellent second half of the fight. He looked great in spurts. Did he do enough? Not by any conventional scoring criteria, no. Is it a "robbery?"not an egregious one, but... More or less, because he lost.

Comment

What make me suspicious is that All judges had same score in fight like this ,no judge gave Kovalev 10th or 12th (12 was very close )

It was most probably Home judging ,in Russia Ward would lose and nobody could argue, in USA Ward won close fight ,but i had it 7-5 Krusher

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        the fight was close. i scored it 114-113 ward, a draw, and 115-113 ward...when i gave kovalev ALL the close rounds he won by 116-111...this was no robbery...i gave the most biased card i could for kovalev, some of the rounds he didnt even do enough to win in.

sour grapes at its finest.....ward won the fight, get over it...they'll have a rematch
        Have there been worse decisions? Yeah...

But this was a robbery... Compubox, and majority of observers agree...

Anyway, it doesn't matter.. Ward gotta rematch!

Hahah how much u wanna bet he tries to duck and dodge the rematch?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          Obviously so with you.

Also with Chollo Vista, kigali, nubianpiye, The Big Dunn, etc.
          I never bring up race in posts until one of you Golovkin ******s start race baiting. You're pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing_pundit85 View Post
            Don't know how to score a fight?

Kovalev landed more punches, the harder punches, and scored a knockdown. He landed more punches in 6 rounds, and more power punches in seven rounds.

I understand people thinking they are special, and have a refined eye, taking the counter stance to prove their "superiority." It's human nature, it's called being a contrarian. (Or a biased Ward fan..he's a good dude, nothing wrong with that)
            If you like Ward, I can see you being proud of his chin, and fighting an excellent second half of the fight. He looked great in spurts. Did he do enough? Not by any conventional scoring criteria, no. Is it a "robbery?"not an egregious one, but... More or less, because he lost.
            You do know that compubox isn't anywhere near 100% accurate right? Even then they had it close with 1 or 2 punch difference in rounds. You're judging a fight off of it makes you a moron.

Comment

I scored Ward vs Kovalev 113 - 114 Ward!!! Rounds 3 4 5 7 8 9 11

Like paulie said it could have wen't either way by 1 point. I wouldn't have been upset if Kov won or they scored it a draw...

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                You do know that compubox isn't anywhere near 100% accurate right? Even then they had it close with 1 or 2 punch difference in rounds. You're judging a fight off of it makes you a moron.
                Again you are special, lol proving my point. I didn't base my card off of compubox, it's a complimentary tool. But u know more than compubox, with your refined eye, clearly.
                Your opinion trumps the consensus of boxing experts and available statistical data. Yessir. Yeah I'm just a moron. Such insight bro. Props.

Comment

Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
                  Have there been worse decisions? Yeah...

But this was a robbery... Compubox, and majority of observers agree...

Anyway, it doesn't matter.. Ward gotta rematch!

Hahah how much u wanna bet he tries to duck and dodge the rematch?
                  fights are scored...round by round

you dont use punch totals to score a fight...one big round where you outland an opponent by 20 can sway the stats

you may want to sign up for that work shop and learn how to score a fight

duck a rematch? just like he was never gonna fight the krusher, have 20 tune ups and duck him right? there will be a rematch bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$trO View Post
                    I scored Ward vs Kovalev 113 - 114 Ward!!! Rounds 3 4 5 7 8 9 11

Like paulie said it could have wen't either way by 1 point. I wouldn't have been upset if Kov won or they scored it a draw...
                    me either

Comment

Originally posted by boxing_pundit85 View Post
                      Again you are special, lol proving my point. I didn't base my card off of compubox, it's a complimentary tool. But u know more than compubox, with your refined eye, clearly.
                      Your opinion trumps the consensus of boxing experts and available statistical data. Yessir. Yeah I'm just a moron. Such insight bro. Props.
                      Boxing experts? Fighters are boxing experts and most of them had it a very close fight that could have gone either way. I value their opinion more than yours and fat dans.

Comment

Working...
                      X