No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tommy Morrison's Son Demolishes Ed Latimore in One Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
    He has the benefit to train under one of the best trainers of the sport already.
    Freddie Roach must have been a big fan of his father, good for him though. Lets see how far he gets. I have never seen a fight from him yet but im starting to get interested in that guy.
    His early fights are VERY raw but you could see what he has to work with ,he has become night and day under Roach ,he went from a D fighter to a B in two fights under him . Hes only 6'2 and will need to fight at his best once he breaks into top 20 guys bc he will never have the experience advantage but he will almost always have the power which is always important in todays HW era. He has ALOT of potential ,the biggest problem for Roach will be finding guys to give him rounds .

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
      His early fights are VERY raw but you could see what he has to work with ,he has become night and day under Roach ,he went from a D fighter to a B in two fights under him . Hes only 6'2 and will need to fight at his best once he breaks into top 20 guys bc he will never have the experience advantage but he will almost always have the power which is always important in todays HW era. He has ALOT of potential ,the biggest problem for Roach will be finding guys to give him rounds .
      I don't know what you consider a B fighter but I have seen almost all his fights & the win last night over Ed Latimore was good but not that great. Ed Latimore hasn't exactly lit it up with 2 split decision wins over Juan Goode & Willis Lockett who are 2 low level trialhorses. He beat an old Robert Hawkins so that is a decent win at the early stages of his career but only 7 Kos against pretty much inferior competition. Morrison has got some pop but he too has yet to face anybody. His dad fought a lot of tomato cans early so I'm assuming they will do the same with him. B level guys are Arreola, Rossy, Chisora, Kauffmann, Szplika, etc. Fringe contenders in the top 16-30. I doubt he is experienced enough to beat any of them. He himself is still D level in my opinion. Let's see what he can do at the C level against guys like Fred Kassi, Jason Gavern, Jason Bergmann, John McDermott, Daniel Martz, Gary Cornish, Nicolai Firtha,Travis Walker, Denis Bahktov. That is his next step. Can he beat that level of journeymen? If he can then we can start considering him as a legit prospect. Beating Ed Latimore doesn't do that much for his career. Time will tell & everyone will be watching. He got his first win on the big stage on showtime let's see where he goes from here.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
        I don't know what you consider a B fighter but I have seen almost all his fights & the win last night over Ed Latimore was good but not that great. Ed Latimore hasn't exactly lit it up with 2 split decision wins over Juan Goode & Willis Lockett who are 2 low level trialhorses. He beat an old Robert Hawkins so that is a decent win at the early stages of his career but only 7 Kos against pretty much inferior competition. Morrison has got some pop but he too has yet to face anybody. His dad fought a lot of tomato cans early so I'm assuming they will do the same with him. B level guys are Arreola, Rossy, Chisora, Kauffmann, Szplika, etc. Fringe contenders in the top 16-30. I doubt he is experienced enough to beat any of them. He himself is still D level in my opinion. Let's see what he can do at the C level against guys like Fred Kassi, Jason Gavern, Jason Bergmann, John McDermott, Daniel Martz, Gary Cornish, Nicolai Firtha,Travis Walker, Denis Bahktov. That is his next step. Can he beat that level of journeymen? If he can then we can start considering him as a legit prospect. Beating Ed Latimore doesn't do that much for his career. Time will tell & everyone will be watching. He got his first win on the big stage on showtime let's see where he goes from here.
        Latimore was a great amateur fighter ,he was one many pegged as making a splash in the division . As stared Morrison at 20 or so fights will have the ability to k.o many of the guys you mentioned ,he would mug Gavern , Bahtov and k.o Kassi faster than Miller did bc he hits MUCH harder . The only thing stopping him is experience and that comes with how often you fight.Lets say B minus !
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 09-24-2016, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by classicbuzzbox View Post
          Is this available anywhere, would like to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8VKkIIAzEk

Comment

He is still raw and tbh Im not ready to rate him A,B,C or D yet. He has a long way to go and he knows it. He has the great equalizer though and Im pumped to see what Freddie can do with him. Its like they said last night, at 27 he has 12 pro fights. Tommy at that age already had almost 50 fights. His brother Kenzie fought to another draw btw I found out this morning so he is 9-0-2 (8) now.

Comment

Kid has got dinamite in his fists.

Comment

Precisely this, couldn't agree more with everything here.

Comment

This seems like a more reasonable assessment of where he is currently at.
                  Nothing to write how about .....yet.
                  I am sure they will be extremely extremely selective about his opponents as well they should as he continues to learn on the job.

Comment

This guy gets a lot of praise for what? Look at who Dereck Chisora was fighting by this time. By his 20th fight he was in the ring with Fury, Helenius, Haye & Vitali Klitschko. There is no doubt they will keep him smashing tomato cans like they did with his father. The Klitschkos & Wilder did the same thing. They were smashing overmatched opponents until they had over 30 fights. The same thing will happen with Trey Lippe. I compare Lippe to Tye Fields. A guy with no amateur experience entering boxing in his mid 20s. He will smash cans like nothing with the power but what will happen when he faces a guy who can hit him back with a little boxing skill? Think what Monte Barrett did to Tye Fields. Until I see how he handles legit journeymen I won't rate him... Nagy Aguilera would be another good test. That is a guy with lots of loses who scored a few upsets but has been matched very hard in his career.

Comment

This guy gets a lot of praise for what? Look at who Dereck Chisora was fighting by this time. By his 20th fight he was in the ring with Fury, Helenius, Haye & Vitali Klitschko. There is no doubt they will keep him smashing tomato cans like they did with his father. The Klitschkos & Wilder did the same thing. They were smashing overmatched opponents until they had over 30 fights. The same thing will happen with Trey Lippe. I compare Lippe to Tye Fields. A guy with no amateur experience entering boxing in his mid 20s. He will smash cans like nothing with the power but what will happen when he faces a guy who can hit him back with a little boxing skill? Think what Monte Barrett did to Tye Fields. Until I see how he handles legit journeymen I won't rate him... Nagy Aguilera would be another good test. That is a guy with lots of loses who scored a few upsets but has been matched very hard in his career.
                      I dont think anyone is expecting him to unify the division this year. The kid has exciting pop and is fun to watch. He is very early in his career and no one should be rating him. I think they will continue to step him up plus he has one of the better trainers in the world guiding him.

Comment

Working...
                      X