Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Explains Why Golovkin vs. Brook is NOT Canelo-Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khan was never KO'd at welterweight and Kell Brook is not the best welterweight now or since his one decent win against a just above average Porter.
    Floyd, Pac, Bradley, were, and are, in front of Brook and Thurman has a claim as well.
    GGG was so desperate to fight a guy people actually have heard of before they made this sham at 160.
    At least Canelo/Khan was a PPV fight in the US and both Canelo and Khan made good money. GGG can't even get Brook to come to the US even with all those shiny belts. Brook took the fight because even when he loses his stock will be the same and he gets GGG to come to his house which favors him if it goes to a decision.

Comment

This will go 2 rounds just like Salka.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
        This fight is a mismatch. Canelo-Khan was a cherry pick and so is this, there's no defending it.
        I have to agree.

Brook doesn't even have the speed or the style to win a couple of rounds at least, like Khan did.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          I have to agree.

Brook doesn't even have the speed or the style to win a couple of rounds at least, like Khan did.
          As much as I am a fan of Golovkin, watching his butt-lovers trip over themselves trying to justify this fight is embarrassing.

Comment

I’m taking Brook in this one; I think it’s going to be Sugar Ray Leonard vs. Marvin Hagler all over again. GGG doesn’t have great footwork and I don’t think he will be able to trap Brook in the corners or against the ropes. Brook will also get off clean shots, while not hurting GGG, it will be enough to steal rounds.

Plus GGG has fought nothing but bums. I mean, come on. Brook, K. Thurman and even Shawn Porter would KO that Ward guy, the worm II (Willie Monroe Jr.) and the other clowns GGG had knocked out.

Don’t get me wrong. GGG can bomb, has a piston jab and knows how to finish guys off. But Brook will tie him up when they get close, give him only angles and fire big time punches when he gets the opening. It will be relatively close, but end the end, Brook 116-113. (7-4-1)

Comment

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
              I’m taking Brook in this one; I think it’s going to be Sugar Ray Leonard vs. Marvin Hagler all over again. GGG doesn’t have great footwork and I don’t think he will be able to trap Brook in the corners or against the ropes. Brook will also get off clean shots, while not hurting GGG, it will be enough to steal rounds.

Plus GGG has fought nothing but bums. I mean, come on. Brook, K. Thurman and even Shawn Porter would KO that Ward guy, the worm II (Willie Monroe Jr.) and the other clowns GGG had knocked out.

Don’t get me wrong. GGG can bomb, has a piston jab and knows how to finish guys off. But Brook will tie him up when they get close, give him only angles and fire big time punches when he gets the opening. It will be relatively close, but end the end, Brook 116-113. (7-4-1)
              You must be from the UK with this wishful thinking

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                As much as I am a fan of Golovkin, watching his butt-lovers trip over themselves trying to justify this fight is embarrassing.
                to all the people killing this fight, Im assuming you havent been boxing fans for long. There is a long history of welter champs fighting middle champs. do your research

Comment

I would like to hear why kell brook thinks he can win. Just believing you can beat someone sometimes isnt enough. What has he got that GGG hasnt got?

Comment

Originally posted by talz View Post
                    Since when was Brook the best Welterweight in the world? Fighting one top guy in 12 years makes you the best at welterweight it seems.
                    Yea, because all the top WW are blazing through other top WW.

Originally posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
                    What a load of bollocks. He only tried to get Canelo, Eubank and Brook. He didn't even try to get guys like Lara, Charlos, Jack or De gale instead of the welterweight. Cherry pick.
                    They also tried Jacobs, Suanders.

The other fighters you need are not legit options because each one prices themselves too high. If Lara could bring the money Brook can then he could get paid against GGG.

Right now Lara needs to take half a mill or sit the **** down.

Comment

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post

As soon as you said GGG doesn't have great footwork I knew you didn't know what GGG does in the ring. He's known for outstanding footwork. But I'm sure you connote movement around the ring with footwork. That's only great footwork if your goal is to run from a guy and engage when you want.

GGG is a stalker, his footwork allows him to keep guys centered in front of him, cutting off the ring. His footwork is wide, giving him balance to both take shots and deliver them with thundering force his wide stance allows him to make up ground infest steps.

Comment

Working...
                      X