No announcement yet.

Sergio has trouble making 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
    It scares me you know so much about Sergio's body. He's old, he'll struggle to make 154. he should just stay at 160 where he isn't straining/
    It's not just sergios, I just know bodies. The man himself said he can do it, deal with it.

I cut weight all the time, I know the process. He can make 154, hence the reason he himself KEEPS SAYING he'll cut to 154 for certain individuals. At this stage, being 38, losing weight isn't the hard part, GAINING weight is the hard part. It takes far too long to gain the proper muscle mass, hence why he cant effectively move up and so he refuses to do so. This is also why he STILL hasn't filled out and became a full fledged MW yet. You get smaller as you get older, not heavier. At this stage he is LOSING muscle mass and his body is getting naturally lighter.

If you know nothing about dieting or how the body works, please don't give input as if you do.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
      It's not just sergios, I just know bodies. The man himself said he can do it, deal with it.

I cut weight all the time, I know the process. He can make 154, hence the reason he himself KEEPS SAYING he'll cut to 154 for certain individuals. At this stage, being 38, losing weight isn't the hard part, GAINING weight is the hard part. It takes far too long to gain the proper muscle mass, hence why he cant effectively move up and so he refuses to do so. This is also why he STILL hasn't filled out and became a full fledged MW yet.

If you know nothing about dieting or how the body works, please don't give input as if you do.
      I've boxed for over ten years, and 4 years of highschool wrestling, I know how cutting weight goes, and I sure as hell can't do it at 23 like I could like I was 17. I can't even imagine how bad it is at 37, especially lost last few pounds.

Comment

Nah, they're commenting on Lou's comments. Although that article is a couple years old, I think Lou got some flack when he mentioned Kirkland would have to go to 160 (can't remember).

You guys are idiots. Sergio JUST finished saying he could make 154, and infact, wants to go BACK to 154. So what are you clowns talking about?

Just recently he said this

http://www.boxingscene.com/sergio-ma...howdown--50879

Weighed 157 and had small handles about his hip bones. He can make 154 comfortably

Comment

I've boxed for over ten years, and 4 years of highschool wrestling, I know how cutting weight goes, and I sure as hell can't do it at 23 like I could like I was 17. I can't even imagine how bad it is at 37, especially lost last few pounds.
          **** so what's the issue? We have the same EXACT background, I just received my PA state license and am in talks with Russel Peltz, sounds like we're the same age too (if youre 23) You should be in complete agreement then, not the other way around LOL. You know this **** just as much as I do man.

Genetics play a huge roll too and I have no idea how strong Sergios metabolism is, but I cut weight just as easy at 23 as I did at 17.. more weight too actually. Walk around 180 and cut to 147 (I wrestled at 145, 152 senior year).

Comment

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
            Nah, they're commenting on Lou's comments. Although that article is a couple years old, I think Lou got some flack when he mentioned Kirkland would have to go to 160 (can't remember).
            Ah, gotchya.

Promoters are no different than Lawyers though. They will say anything to protect their fighter/client, and so, i'd always take what they say with a grain of salt. A promoters word almost ALWAYS contradicts his fighters.

Comment

**** so what's the issue? We have the same EXACT background, I just received my PA state license and am in talks with Russel Peltz, sounds like we're the same age too (if youre 23) You should be in complete agreement then, not the other way around LOL. You know this **** just as much as I do man.

Genetics play a huge roll too and I have no idea how strong Sergios metabolism is, but I cut weight just as easy at 23 as I did at 17.. more weight too actually. Walk around 180 and cut to 147 (I wrestled at 145, 152 senior year).
              I wrestled/boxed at 129 and would cut from 145 usually. I have no doubt that Sergio would struggle to 154/150. Especially if he walks around 190.

Comment

I'm a bit confused myself when it comes to Martinez. One day his team is saying that he has to cut off his leg to make 154 and the next they're saying that he has to eat a horse just to make 160. LOL.

Dibella says that Sergio is too small to fight any of the top dogs at 168, yet they are begging JCC Jr for a fight although he steps in the ring at around 180lbs.
                Last edited by Deevel916; 03-22-2012, 12:29 PM.

Comment

I wrestled/boxed at 129 and would cut from 145 usually. I have no doubt that Sergio would struggle to 154/150. Especially if he walks around 190.
                  The question is how much of that is water though, and I'm sure if he gets teh fight he wants, camp would either start sooner or he'd not allow himself to get that high. That's wishful thinking, but still, it's logical.

I think if Sergio signed to fight Mayweather at 154 tomorrow, and he weighs 170 today, he wouldn't allow himself to get up to 190.

Comment

Floyd and Pac fantards are so protective of their men.

Its cute.

Comment

The question is how much of that is water though, and I'm sure if he gets teh fight he wants, camp would either start sooner or he'd not allow himself to get that high. That's wishful thinking, but still, it's logical.

I think if Sergio signed to fight Mayweather at 154 tomorrow, and he weighs 170 today, he wouldn't allow himself to get up to 190.
                      Floyd won't be signing nothing the sign-in sheet in jail, unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                      X