Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TB all day!!!

Comment

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
      Im hearing whispers of a fight happening between them..
      I think Bradley would win a wide UD.. On the outside Porter would be pretty much target practice as Porter looks awful trying to box. Thurman made him look foolish 90 percent of the time on the outside. Porter cant throw a straight punch to save his life.. On the inside Bradley actually doesnt smother his work, and can use his head as a weapon when he pleases. I just dont see how Porter would win. Seems like his wrestling tactics doesnt work vs world class welterweights. Even tho i did have a draw between him and Thurman, only because thurman let himself lay against the ropes and was inactive at times. Thurman landed 50 percent of how power shots for godsake, that horrendous defense. Porter has a hell of a chin
      Bradley is unlikely to hit Porter with enough of anything to keep all that pressure off of him, full stop.

Bradley is tough as all hell, but I see a fight between the two turning out like the Malignaggi fight, likely going through to a decision/late stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        Lol, so a loss to Pac means you're washed up? Pac would run through every WW that Hymen has without blinking.
        I didn't say anything about him being washed up, but he isn't quite the fighter he used to be. You know me, you know I'm a huge Bradley fan, but it's not unrealistic to think Porter would win this fight. It would almost definitely end up ugly and grueling, and Porter has a lot more left to give to an ugly, grueling fight than Tim does.

And I did say that I think Tim would tough it out and win.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
          Porter is an underrated boxer and was outboxing Thurman at times, he's a very talented boxer. Although I had Thurman beating him clearly 8-4/7-5, Porter showed he can box with ANYONE at 147, he's got a solid jab, speed, footwork. Nobody at 147 is having an easy time against him, especially not Tim Bradley who's struggled against much worse fighters.

Bradley is slightly better on the outside, but Porter is a lot stronger, quicker, fresher and hungrier. He outworks Tim to a clear UD. The man walked through Thurman and Brook's biggest shots without touching the canvas, he could literally close his eyes and walk into Bradley's shots without any consequence, how is Bradley gonna earn his respect? The only way he can do that is by fighting Porter and that's a fight Bradley isn't winning.
          Bradley is much, much better and more comfortable in a close range fight than Thurman is. He would be able to win the fight there.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Bradley is much, much better and more comfortable in a close range fight than Thurman is. He would be able to win the fight there.
            I agree he's much better than Thurman in the pocket but a few guys have been able to hang with him on the inside throughout his career, Provodnikov, Peterson, Chaves etc, these are just some guys who were at least on par or got the better of Tim at close range. Porter is a lot stronger than those guys, albeit not as much of a clean worker as Chaves or Peterson.

Porter is extremely strong, he doesn't hit that hard but his strength tires you both mentally and physically. I don't think Bradley would get the better of Porter on the inside.

Comment

Porter, too big and too strong and Bradley is not exactly some master boxer that cold keep Porter off him. It would probably be a fun fight because Bradley would fight back he just lacks the fire power and strength to not fall into Porter's fight.

Comment

Make the fight and lets find out who is better instead of going by who would be "The Favorite"
                Last edited by sicko; 07-12-2016, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Vada testing. Bradley UD.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                    I agree he's much better than Thurman in the pocket but a few guys have been able to hang with him on the inside throughout his career, Provodnikov, Peterson, Chaves etc, these are just some guys who were at least on par or got the better of Tim at close range. Porter is a lot stronger than those guys, albeit not as much of a clean worker as Chaves or Peterson.

Porter is extremely strong, he doesn't hit that hard but his strength tires you both mentally and physically. I don't think Bradley would get the better of Porter on the inside.
                    He doesn't have to get the better of Porter the entire fight, he just needs to get the better of him in spurts. That's where Bradley can be very tough to beat, because he is a versatile fighter that can keep his opponents from ever getting into a rhythm by switching up.

Make Porter come forward, meet him inside, go back to range, keep him off rhythm, I think Bradley could do it. Or maybe Porter outfights him. I could see either result happening.

Comment

prime timmy boxes the brakes off of shawn porter.

not sure about current timmy. current timmy has been in some wars, and shows some real wear. sometimes he has off rounds, or even nights, and other times he looks like he's still got his legs under him.

one of the reasons i think that bradley dumped joel diaz was diaz' acknowledgement, public and private, of timmy's deterioration.

according to diaz in the lead up to the marquez fight, timmy was not looking good. he was "out of it" and he didn't show a lot of his typical boxing ability to diaz until a few weeks out from the fight. joel considered telling tim to stop fighting and retire. timmy never blew way up in between fights, either, the way he does now. we've seen bradley absolutely enormous.

great, great fight. fights like this one run boxing. they'd be at a crossroads in their careers. will tell us if shawn porter is going to be a player or an opponent in the years to come.

Comment

Working...
                      X