Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Punching the bag on the end of the punches......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
    You probably have poor use of the hips, my punches are heavy right till the very end.

If you connect too early its just a push, tahts why you crowd a fighter to take the power off his shots.

Dont you know anything? Troll?
    I agree with what you say that connecting to early is a push. You obviously don't know **** about what anyone on this forum asks as you are always starting idiodic pointless threads. Don't insult me or anyone else who is simply responding to what the thread asks. Surprised you aren't banned yet. Troll. I got more boxing knowledge in my pinky than you will ever have.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
      You obviously have never trained in boxing before. If you had you would simply be able to feel what it is like to make contact at the end of your punches. I train regularly on the heavy bag and I could tell from the first time I laid leather on the bag that if I hit it at the end on my punch I won't get as much power as if I made contact at a shorter part of the punch. If you keep hitting at the end of the punch, you won't work on power (at least not as effectively) and the workout will become a complete cardio workout. You might as well shadow box or do roadwork.
      You obviously can't throw straight punches...You are throwing arm punches...Your shoulders weight thus your body should be behind all the punches.. You are just wrong in every way and are the reason a guy like GGG who can ONLY throw punches properly and has almost no other attributes can dominate.

Go watch any Sergio Martinez fight...

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
        You obviously can't throw straight punches...You are throwing arm punches...Your shoulders weight thus your body should be behind all the punches.. You are just wrong in every way and are the reason a guy like GGG who can ONLY throw punches properly and has almost no other attributes can dominate.

Go watch any Sergio Martinez fight...
        That's why you're red

Post your own video if you're such a boxing expert or leave this forum.

Comment

That's why you're red

Post your own video if you're such a boxing expert or leave this forum.
          Typical idiot who can't take being wrong. Deflect all you want , I'll post mine right after you post yours

Comment

Typical idiot who can't take being wrong. Deflect all you want , I'll post mine right after you post yours
            I've posted 3 videos of me on the heavy bag since I've been on this forum. Matter of fact I posted one yesterday at around noon. Go check the training section please. If you are right then I will concede, I'm just here to find out what's right and wrong. Making contact at the very end of the punch isn't good in my experience because you can't punch through the target.

Comment

I've posted 3 videos of me on the heavy bag since I've been on this forum. Matter of fact I posted one yesterday at around noon. Go check the training section please. If you are right then I will concede, I'm just here to find out what's right and wrong. Making contact at the very end of the punch isn't good in my experience because you can't punch through the target.
              Well c'mon now...I don't mean at the very end of your knuckle..I'd say at the place your thumb meets your wrist..That's what I'd consider the focal point of the power upon impact... but as far as extending your arms..They should be literally as far extended as physically possible when your punch "finishes"...Maybe we have just beeen splitting hairs over terminology and getting confused between the extension of arms and point of impact.. I think guys like Ali, Pacquiao, Leonard, Martinez, Kovalev...Who hit you right at the wrist with a little pop but also their full body behind it..Those are the guys that when they step in and add leverage can really hurt you...

I know it sounds like bull**** but I could teach anyone to throw those overhand hooks like GGG...Boxing trainers don't know the craft the way they should.

I don't have my bag mounted at the minute but I could post some casual shadowboxing to show form...How do I post videos..Will photobucket files work?

Comment

Well c'mon now...I don't mean at the very end of your knuckle..I'd say at the place your thumb meets your wrist..That's what I'd consider the focal point of the power upon impact... but as far as extending your arms..They should be literally as far extended as physically possible when your punch "finishes"...Maybe we have just beeen splitting hairs over terminology and getting confused between the extension of arms and point of impact.. I think guys like Ali, Pacquiao, Leonard, Martinez, Kovalev...Who hit you right at the wrist with a little pop but also their full body behind it..Those are the guys that when they step in and add leverage can really hurt you...

I know it sounds like bull**** but I could teach anyone to throw those overhand hooks like GGG...Boxing trainers don't know the craft the way they should.

I don't have my bag mounted at the minute but I could post some casual shadowboxing to show form...How do I post videos..Will photobucket files work?
                Lol we've been talking about the same thing the entire time. No need to post videos or pictures we're on the same page

Comment

Working...
                X