Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Roman Gonzalez get the 2 million he is asking for?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Roman Gonzalez get the 2 million he is asking for?

Plus headline his own HBO PPV any time soon? He recently stated himself that he now wants 2 million for a rematch with Estrada and apparently he will be sitting down with HBO and mentioning his goal to become a PPV attraction. According to Carlos Blandon, Roman's team is confident in getting whatever amount it is they are asking for( right) and supposedly money shouldn't be the issue for the Estrada rematch.

After his fight with Arroyo this April, Roman seems to be headed towards a 4th title in a 4th weight division in September and could very well rematch Estrada in the tail end months of the year, if the money is right that is. It would make sense since Estrada is looking to return in the later parts of May, take on the ALA kingpin Donnie Nietes in September and possibly head into the Roman clash at the end of the year himself.

Personally I think he'll get his PPV dream scrapped, especially if it isn't against Estrada. Also, not very many people follow the sport enough to know whom the legitamite threats are down there. Estrada, Inoue, Cuadras and Amnat might be familiar to most forum goers but for the average fan they sound like your local mechanic, some new Honda car model, etc... I just don't see it, especially since HBO isn't doing much in regards to developing other names in and around Roman's weight class as of yet.

Thoughts? Will Roman achieve his multi million dream and PPV stardom any time soon?
    Yes to both.
    5.00%
    Yes to the multi million dollar dream, no to the PPV headline
    15.00%
    Yes to the PPV headline, no to the 2 million dollars.
    0.00%
    What's Roman smoking? No to both.
    80.00%
    Last edited by Aztekkas; 02-23-2016, 03:58 PM.

I highly doubt it. It is a fact that HBO's budget for boxing has shrunk by a wide margin and they're not going to spend millions on a guy who will probably struggle to get a million viewers. It's a guy asking for multi millions but does not generate multi millions. You get what you are worth as a boxer. You can't get superstar money just for being picked as #1 P4P. I think that's what they think.

Comment

I think HBO should give them 2M to split between or maybe 1.25M each for a main event slot. That is good money for a great fight in LA. I don't think roman is a ticket seller anywhere maybe in Nicaragua

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        I highly doubt it. It is a fact that HBO's budget for boxing has shrunk by a wide margin and they're not going to spend millions on a guy who will probably struggle to get a million viewers. It's a guy asking for multi millions but does not generate multi millions. You get what you are worth as a boxer. You can't get superstar money just for being picked as #1 P4P. I think that's what they think.
        Tell that to Andre ward lol he doesn't fight often but he gets paid and he can't draw flies to ****.

Comment

That p4p #1 ranking went to this dudes head.

Comment

Yo Asstekas hows 'Gallitos' hand doing?

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
              Yo Asstekas hows 'Gallitos' hand doing?
              shut up, hour lol. Idk to be honest but Zanfer is looking to have him return in the later parts of May and are negotiating with ALA to settle a fight between Estrada and Nietes in the later weeks of September. Apparently Nietes will defend against either Garcia or his mandatory Moises Fuentes some time in summer in the Philippines before heading to American soil for the intended showdown with Gallito.

Anyway, how fast do you think HBO will fork over the 2 million Roman and his team are asking for the rematch? Since you know, Blandon mentioned that money isn't much of an issue since they are so sure they can get what they ask for .

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
                shut up, hour lol. Idk to be honest but Zanfer is looking to have him return in the later parts of May and are negotiating with ALA to settle a fight between Estrada and Nietes in the later weeks of September. Apparently Nietes will defend against either Garcia or his mandatory Moises Fuentes some time in summer in the Philippines before heading to American soil for the intended showdown with Gallito.

Anyway, how fast do you think HBO will fork over the 2 million Roman and his team are asking for the rematch? Since you know, Blandon mentioned that money isn't much of an issue since they are so sure they can get what they ask for .
                You know damn well if we dont get it in the US the Yen is good Money -We got options bro, we good. Innoue vs. Chocolatito in Japan baby ; we dont need to learn English or cater to Americans Chocolatito is a Global. El Mero Chingon you know whats ups.

Comment

The fight isn't worth that much and sadly neither of the two are that widely known but with both men sheer skill seriously this fight should definitely be worth a $2 million pay cheque its unfortunate that the very light divisions don't get much love.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                    I think HBO should give them 2M to split between or maybe 1.25M each for a main event slot. That is good money for a great fight in LA. I don't think roman is a ticket seller anywhere maybe in Nicaragua
                    They'd need to have some fantastic fighters on the card to make that work I genuinely do worry about these lower division fighters.
                    Japan seem to take their fighters at that weight quite seriously maybe that would be a better venue but I just don't see Roman being a big name in US any time soon or ever perhaps.

Comment

Working...
                    X