No announcement yet.

How does GGG generate so much power?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power = weight x speed squared or something similar

Triple G is both light and slow, so my guess is he is from the 4th dimension

Last edited by AlexKid; 10-12-2015, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      ..."why isn't he a 'great' puncher? And what would make him one"?

Simply put he hasn't fought any great fighters and his opponents often get up.
      Its ok to knock people down but great punchers knock people out. So far against his best opposition he gets tko's! I've seen him hit guys on the chin and they feel it no doubt but their still there. He gets caught reaching when he goes to the jaw, when he goes down stairs he gets himself in better position to dig in.
      I'd like to see him use a double jab to get closer than come with combos off the double jab.
      This chopping down punch he's starting to use is a very dangerous motion.
      Hitting people's heads like that can cause damage to the fists that don't have body weight behind them. Its like the fists are isolated without the shoulders and back to help absorb the shocks from impact.
      I like him but I'm not putting in the Robinson elite yet, lets see him perform with his next 3 opponents which should be better than the past ones.
      Ray
      I partially agree. His level of opposition so far may not justify that GGG is a 'great' puncher. But there is no denying that the guy hits hard, extremely hard. I think he has some tough fights coming up soon, I believe he will prove that he is a great puncher in those bouts, if he hasn't already.

Comment

On this forum the word "great" has been demolished!! Its over used and the comparisons of the current talents to past greats is ridiculous!
        To refer to Mayweather as a great fighter is beyond dumb. He is a boxer whose methodology is to counter move then counter punch. Never trade with unless the opponent has been positioned right. He is a solid boxer who has excellant eye/hand cooridination and defense. Thats spells "very good" to me.
        He is not Sugar Ray he is not Kid Gavilan, not Ray Leonard not Carmen Basilio
        and many more who are superior to him at 147!

Lets see GGG fight in the limelight where he just arrived. I want to see the best of this era go heads up with him.
        I never said he can't punch hard I said I don't know if he's a great punched.
        I look at his form and his techniques and his methodology and everything is on point. What makes him a great puncher is when opponents fall down and are KO'd. We'll se soon enough. By the way he can be out boxed and he can be hit. He is open for right hands over and under so far no ones willing to do it hahaha....!
        Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          What makes him a great puncher is when opponents fall down and are KO'd. We'll se soon enough.
          He has a KO% of 91% after 33 fights. I don't understand your argument there.

I think you're the sort of person who lets nostalgia get in the way of appreciating the current era.

Comment

He has a KO% of 91% after 33 fights.

Against who? Top talent? I know how to evaluate skills it was my job for close to 50 years! My mentors were some of the greats fighters, trainers and cornermen in the business. I was a very good student and I'm a very good teacher.
            99% of the folks here couldn't teach a jab let alone actually box!
            I'm not saying he can't hit hard I'm saying his tko % KO are against so so
            opponents. Not crap but not guys none for their toughness.
            Ray

Comment

Ray you have to look at it this way too. Refs are generally quicker to stop a fight now to prevent damage so you're inherently going to see more TKOs than straight KOs now.

Comment

Furthermore, just because you've been doing it for 50 years doesn't mean you're right. Sorry to piss on your idealistic vision of the past, but every boxer has crap fights on their resume. As you step up, the less likely you are to get a true KO.

Comment

I respect Ray's knowledge, but every time he begins a debate he brings up his 'experience'.

Just elaborate man, I know you got it in ya.

Comment

He hasn't stepped up enough yet, relax I'm not saying he can't punch I'm stating he hasn't fought top calibre nor has he ended bouts with a one punch KO! No ones unconscience!

pitbull .....thats very true however the one punch I'm speaking of doesn't need to be after the opponent has been worn down.
                    Did you see Pac get stopped by Juan? That was a perfectly placed shot off Manny making a huge mistake! Thats what I'm talking about. Juan made Manny pay for the double feint and falling all the way in behind nothing.
                    Ray

I bring it up because thats who I am. I want people to know that my point of view comes from experience in the sport what the hell is wrong with that? Is everyone here a defensive child, do you think that you know more than someone actually worked in sport for 50 ****in' years?
                    Where the **** was your gym, who did you work for and with. What gym did you fight out of what trainer trained you. You people need to ****in grow up!! Listen & learn, no I'm not always right no one is but my opion comes fro m experience where does yours come from watching TV?
                    Last edited by Ray Corso; 10-13-2015, 05:35 PM.

Comment

He commits on his punches, but his chin allows him the ability to take some big shots, so far at least. This gives him an advantage over a lot of the other fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X