No announcement yet.

GGG couldnt even beat Shane Mosley up in sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think people understand what really SPARRING meant...hahaha

This is not a fight, this is to work out specific parts of one's offense, defense and awareness. Had this been a real fight, then obviously it could either go one side...that's why one had to pit his strengths and weaknesses against the other.

Sparring doesn't necessarily mean the more agile or the more powerful one is better, remember a real boxing match also comprises of 12 rounds, meaning even the more skillful ones would succumb to more powerful and more athletic ones...but the skillful ones who had power and stamina could also beat the more athletic ones.

But athletic ones also CAN have skills.

GGG in this point of his career is RELATIVELY unproven one compared to Sugar obviously but not to put him down, I really like him also but not to say he isn't skillful one either, it is a growing process like anyone else.

But this video does not prove anything else other than SUGAR being a retired boxer now still has it in terms of "playing around" with a relatively more powerful fighter. IT is what it is, a friendly spar.

Sugar still shows his superior movement while GGG is RELATIVELY stagnant but also have the skills. It is hard to see everything in this video because the INTENT of both boxers is not to impale and beat the other.

SPARRING, again, is to work out specific skillset. Get over it folks, there's nothing here really to see and have conclusive statement to pan either way and direction. Simply put they both agreed to be civil and have a workout together, that's something rare nowadays to see name boxers to have a little workout together.

Comment

• No, GGG didn't look spectacular against Mosley in sparring. And that doesn't nesscessarily makes GGG a 'bum'. They didn't seem like they were going all out but learning from each other and that's a good thing. Gym wars are not good especially for professional boxers during their training camps, it wears them down and affects their career longevity.

Anyway I want to see GGG with a real threat which I think he will once he moves up, especially to light heavy division.

Comment

• golovkin looks like he's barely taller(if at all) than shane, he's a small middleweight

but at 32 losing lb's has to be done right, needs to bring in the alien if he ever decides to do it

Comment

• Wow. LOL. Fail thread.

What is the TS smoking

GGG wipes the floor with Mosley.

GGG knocks him out in round 3.
          Last edited by Build That Wall; 10-13-2014, 12:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BronzeBomber View Post
            This guy is a bum lmao
            So... What do you think of tonight's fight?

Comment

Working...
            X