Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trout Says Canelo is no Different from Cotto.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate the word grab him, it sounds as if he likes to hug his opponents like they are in straightjackets and cant move their arms and punch.

Comment

Another reason why I see Canelo winning this is because during the close competitive rounds, I see Canelo taking those rounds simply because his punches are getting a better reaction from the crowd, not so much the crowd but actually being more effective. Trout best be careful with that comparison, Canelo is an actual Jr MW who can crack, and most importantly has a right hand, which I'm sure Cotto's biggest fans can admit Cotto's right hand is non existent at times/ decent at best.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        I hate the word grab him, it sounds as if he likes to hug his opponents like they are in straightjackets and cant move their arms and punch.
        You do understand clinching(although illegal)is apart of boxing right??Being strong in the clinch has help fighters in the past win fights and is not a bad tactic..It's your opponents job to be able to get past it,but it will take a lot of energy to do so..Alexander Bradley Peterson Khan Mayweather Broner,all use this strategy it's very effective..

Comment

This is going to be a very interesting fight, Trout brings a lot to the table for canelo. But with Canelo's punching power, underrated jab and brilliant body work. He clearly has the tools to stop Trout No doubt about that (no pun intended).

I predict a canelo stoppage.

Comment

He's right, except Cotto has far more experience & canelo hasn't been tested like he's about to be.

Comment

Yikes if that is what he thinks hes in for a big surprise.

Comment

For one thing Canelo is taller than Cotto is and has a bigger reach. I you watch his fights, he throws very, very impressive combinations using much more than just the left hook to the body.

I think that Canelo will trap Trout against the ropes around the 4th round and unleash a wicked combo and drop Trout. After that, his game plan goes out the window and he gets on his bike. Once Trout feels Canelo's power, he is going to stay far away from him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  He's right, except Cotto has far more experience & canelo hasn't been tested like he's about to be.
                  Wow, finally a post without the word 'ginger'

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
                    WBA champion austin trout (26-0, 14 KO’s) sees WBC champion canelo alvarez (41-0-1, 30 KO’s) using the same strategy as miguel cotto, trout said to RingTV. trout was able to neutralize cotto’s left hooks by staying at a distance, jabbing and grabbing when he would come in cotto’s range.

if trout truly believes canelo will fight the same as cotto, he's in for a rude awakening. canelo may not have the same footwork as cotto but he is much more accurate with his punches and has a lot more power.

many people say it's a big mistake for canelo to take on trout but i think canelo has the potential to knock out trout with a wicked body shot and i'm not even a fan of the guy.

if canelo somehow manages to get past trout with flying colors, then i think the next big fight would be canelo vs. martinez at 154, that is if a catch weight is not possible (i'm thinking 157 lbs.)

your thoughts?
                    No, he isnt and he doesnt have and ounce of Cotto's boxing skills. Canelo is bigger and stronger thats about it!

If Trout keeps his distance Canelo is toast!!!

Comment

Difference is Canelo has a better right hand.

Comment

Working...
                      X