Question for Atheists

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE]
    Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    If you believe the God of the bible then that God would be the correct one right?
    You're saying every religion is the right one because their believers think so?
    They cant all be right can they.

You not believing in Christ still doesn't nullify that the offer was made, do you get that? I can not believe that i'm not supposed to kill someone but if I do it and get punished for it I can't say "I didn't believe I wasn't supposed to". I could care less about what it's like to an athiest. If they don't believe then ok, nobody is forcing them to. They don't have to believe in order for God to exist.
    I cant make it any clearer than i already have. If you dont believe in God, than u dont believe an offer was made.
    There is a difference between rejecting the existence of god, and rejecting his offer.
    U cannot reject or accept an offer made by a person who u dont believe actually exists.
    If God offered us evidence for his existence, then where is it? The Bible isnt evidence of gods existence.

How is the atheist not choosing anything? The word of God is preached to them, they either CHOOSE to accept it, or they CHOOSE not to. Different religions are all over the world, you choose which one you will follow. God tells you in his word who to follow. Christ said "I am the truth, the way, and the life, no man comes to the father except by me". That tells you right there. If you don't believe that than that's called rejection.
    lol, and other religions also claim to be the true way.
    So which one is the truth? Claiming to be the truth doesnt make it so.

Of course God is good. There is more to it than just a mere belief. I can say I believe but don't follow what the Bible says to do at all(which is the majority of Christians today). You're thinking of righteousness in your own way, in a since you're saying God has to line up with what you perceive as good and righteous. How is punishment for doing wrong not just?
    How do u know what is good? By human definition? Or by Gods? How do u know what is wrong if u dont know what is good?
    So how is punishment just and God good, if u dont know how God defines either?

Where in the bible does it say "you have to go to church"? You go to church so you can fellowship with other believers and hear the word of God preached. You go to church because you want to not because God said "Thou must go to church"
    I didnt expect u to take it literally.
    I meant that both non-believer and rapist will go to hell. And how does that make sense to u?

Comment

[QUOTE=The Noose;11014309]
      You're saying every religion is the right one because their believers think so?
      They cant all be right can they.

I cant make it any clearer than i already have. If you dont believe in God, than u dont believe an offer was made.
      There is a difference between rejecting the existence of god, and rejecting his offer.
      U cannot reject or accept an offer made by a person who u dont believe actually exists.
      If God offered us evidence for his existence, then where is it? The Bible isnt evidence of gods existence.

lol, and other religions also claim to be the true way.
      So which one is the truth? Claiming to be the truth doesnt make it so.

How do u know what is good? By human definition? Or by Gods? How do u know what is wrong if u dont know what is good?
      So how is punishment just and God good, if u dont know how God defines either?

I didnt expect u to take it literally.
      I meant that both non-believer and rapist will go to hell. And how does that make sense to u?
      Man this is becoming too long of a discussion. All the answers you seek are in the Bible, just read it. If you don't want to then ok, God gave us all free will to choose. Either choose him or don't, it's that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Fan View Post
        So, now you know what it's like for the Faithful Religious to be put down by the "intellectual" disbelievers who think their "infinite wisdom" is well above those people who aren't as "learned."

Now, have you ever heard me say to anyone here in the forum that I consider them an idiot because they don't share my Religious belief?
        And yes, I've associated with non-Christian students in school.
        Well when they defend their point strongly they have to back it up with some evidence and as Richard Dawkins said when asked" Have you ever had a good argument with a Christian". He responded with "No".

I said "I know people" do I know you?

What you seem to be forgetting is I'm not an atheist I don't stick to one particular tag, I believe what I think is logical and I'm not brainwashed by one particular practice.

Comment

Fu.ck off with your bull**** you bible bashing shemale.

Religion is for people not intelligent enough to understand science.
          Last edited by -Lowkey-; 08-20-2011, 06:54 AM.

Comment

How is the atheist not choosing anything? The word of God is preached to them, they either CHOOSE to accept it, or they CHOOSE not to. Different religions are all over the world, you choose which one you will follow. God tells you in his word who to follow. Christ said "I am the truth, the way, and the life, no man comes to the father except by me". That tells you right there. If you don't believe that than that's called rejection.
            No, you don't make any choice at all you hear it and if it doesn't sound reasonable you couldn't believe it even if you really wanted to. Its not a choice at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Fan View Post
              So, you don't believe in life after death. And what if you're wrong. Do you want to deal with the consequences later? Really?
              Could be one, don't know doesn't matter what I believe because it doesn't effect what is or is not so yes I will figure it all out with the forever to be dead when I get there if there is anything at all.

Comment

Man this is becoming too long of a discussion. All the answers you seek are in the Bible, just read it. If you don't want to then ok, God gave us all free will to choose. Either choose him or don't, it's that simple.
                Thats religious discussions for ya. They are endless.

U say the answers are in the Bible, but u dont follow the Bible? The reason why i have so many questions is precisely because the Bible has very few answers. It requires faith that everything is the true word of god.
                It speaks in parables, and therefore cannot be taken literally.
                And also, what about all the other religious books?

God loves us and wants us to find him to avoid eternal punishment, yet he makes himself invisible, and hides within ancient book, which cant be separated from all the many other ancient books.

Comment

Working...
                X