Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mexican millionaire offers Pacquiao $65M to fight in Mexico

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

holy **** pac vs. alvarez n mexico wud b awesome. unless pac won n which case pretty sure no1 makes it out alive.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
      holy **** pac vs. alvarez n mexico wud b awesome. unless pac won n which case pretty sure no1 makes it out alive.
      This

A full scale riot would break out.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
        This

A full scale riot would break out.
        It will look like this

Comment

Originally posted by ksan View Post
          It will look like this

We'd get 2 shows for the price of one. Pacquiao dismantling Canelo and then fighting his way out of Azteca afterwards. He'd truly earn the Mexicutioner title then

Comment

We'd get 2 shows for the price of one. Pacquiao dismantling Canelo and then fighting his way out of Azteca afterwards. He'd truly earn the Mexicutioner title then
            lol this **** needs 2 happen.

Comment

It sounds fake to me as well...

MANILA—Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim has offered $65 million to Filipino boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao to fight in Mexico next year with one of Mexico’s up-and-coming fighters.

This was revealed yesterday by Ilocos Sur Gov. Luis “Chavit” Singson, a long-time confidante of Pacquiao, who said that negotiations with Slim, the world’s wealthiest man, have already started and that Pacquiao was interested in the guaranteed money.

Singson’s report came after Top Rank’s Bob Arum revealed that American boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. had turned down a $65 million offer from a Singaporean group to fight Pacquiao.

In a phone interview, Singson said that Slim had told him about his desire to host one of Pacquiao’s fights as a favor to his countrymen who have been looking to see Pacquiao fight on their soil.

The $65 million offer to Pacquiao was guaranteed by Slim, who would pick the Mexican opponent for the world’s best pound-for-pound boxer.

He said Slim is looking at WBC light middleweight champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez as likely opponent for Pacquiao.

The unbeaten Alvarez is just 21 and holds an awesome 36-0-1 record with 26 knockouts.

Since 1995, Pacquiao has figured in more than a dozen fights with Mexican or Mexican and Mexican-Americans such as Oscar De La Hoya, Erik Morales, Marco Antonio Barrera and Juan Manuel Marquez but he has never fought in Mexico.

He added that unlike Mayweather, Pacquiao would not turn down $65 million especially since he still has to find his match in the ring.

“I think Manny is still at his peak,” said Singson.
              Oh boy...floyd will get livid with rage reading this one.

Comment

Hahaha that will be awsome

Comment

Originally posted by PAKYO View Post
                  It sounds fake to me as well...

Oh boy...floyd will get livid with rage reading this one.
                  Holy ****, I can't believe that's real. I thought it was just a joke honestly.

Why the hell would anyone pay $65 mil for Pac to fight Canelo, that's an insane figure even for a Floyd fight. But I guess when you're sitting on billions, it's not that big of an investment.

$65 mil for one night's work, props to Manny if he gets that but still... I can think of at least 65 million different ways that money could be used more reasonably

Comment

Also if the fight were to happen versus Canelo

I don't think the fight will be at the Azteca stadium

It will be on the Omnilife Stadium in Guadalajara (Canelo's hometown), Slim gave lots of money to build that new stadium.

Comment

If were Pac, i wouldn't care if i loss with that kind of money as long as it will be all mine. No cut.

Comment

Working...
                      X