Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Margarito comments on rematch with Cotto 'he might get the courage to fight me again"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Margarito comments on rematch with Cotto 'he might get the courage to fight me again"

Soon after Cotto's victory over Yuri Foreman, many boxing critics and fans started guessing who would be Miguel's next opponent. Immediately, talks of a rematch with Manny Pacquiao filled the New York air.
    But, Manny is 'locked' in a soap opera with Floyd Mayweather Jr. The other name to pass across the lips of the boxing nation was Antonio Margarito.

Margarito was responsible for giving Miguel Cotto the first loss of his career. Since then, Miguel has always speculated that Margarito might have cheated. Margarito's promoter,

Bob Arum, passes this off as internet rubbish and that Margarito has never knowingly cheated. Arum also says that a rematch between the two is a possibility. However, Margarito doesn't think Miguel will fight him.

A photographic review of the first encounter between Margarito and Cotto
    "I don't think Cotto wants to fight me again." Margarito told this reporter. "Cotto was not only affected physically, he was also psychologically battered. I've been told that whenever my name is mentioned to him, his face drops.

We crossed paths in Dallas and he was afraid to face me, he would always turn away or walk towards another direction. Who knows, maybe with Emanuel, he might get the courage to fight me again."

link

Margarito made Cotto quit last time.

I doubt Cotto wants to take another brutal beating. Cotto wants to cherrypick and fight featherfisted fighters like Foreman.

Comment

Looks like the cheater is desperate for a payday

Comment

Originally posted by Boss2k10 View Post
        Margarito made Cotto quit last time.

I doubt Cotto wants to take another brutal beating. Cotto wants to cherrypick and fight featherfisted fighters like Foreman.

New Margs Troll huh?.. Nice to meet you..

Comment

Cotto already stated that he is willing to fight Margarito, Floyd and paul williams.

So Margo is just desperate for a payday. Hell even before his plaster incident Cotto had agreed to rematch his ass, but he ****ed up!!

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
            Cotto already stated that he is willing to fight Margarito, Floyd and paul williams.

So Margo is just desperate for a payday. Hell even before his plaster incident Cotto had agreed to rematch his ass, but he ****ed up!!
            Cotto has always said that he would not allow Margarito to make money off of his name. I've never heard of Cotto being interested in a rematch. If so, please post a source.

Comment

why doesnt margs ask for a rematch with Pwill???
              cause he knows he will get handled yet again?

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                Cotto has always said that he would not allow Margarito to make money off of his name. I've never heard of Cotto being interested in a rematch. If so, please post a source.
                Cotto stated so yesterday when he arrived to PR!

Look at the thread with the article that he states so. Is in the first page!!!!!

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=395829

Comment

I like how he's trying to make Cotto seem like a *****, yet, turns around and declines Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by freeloada View Post

Soon after Cotto's victory over Yuri Foreman, many boxing critics and fans started guessing who would be Miguel's next opponent. Immediately, talks of a rematch with Manny Pacquiao filled the New York air.
                    But, Manny is 'locked' in a soap opera with Floyd Mayweather Jr. The other name to pass across the lips of the boxing nation was Antonio Margarito.

Margarito was responsible for giving Miguel Cotto the first loss of his career. Since then, Miguel has always speculated that Margarito might have cheated. Margarito's promoter,

Bob Arum, passes this off as internet rubbish and that Margarito has never knowingly cheated. Arum also says that a rematch between the two is a possibility. However, Margarito doesn't think Miguel will fight him.

A photographic review of the first encounter between Margarito and Cotto
                    "I don't think Cotto wants to fight me again." Margarito told this reporter. "Cotto was not only affected physically, he was also psychologically battered. I've been told that whenever my name is mentioned to him, his face drops.

We crossed paths in Dallas and he was afraid to face me, he would always turn away or walk towards another direction. Who knows, maybe with Emanuel, he might get the courage to fight me again."

link
                    Viva Margarito !

Comment

Working...
                    X