Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else prefer fighting defensive?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else prefer fighting defensive?

There's nothing better than sitting back with Winky Wright and making some bum, at the beginning of your pro career, miss every shot then knocking him out with one perfectly timed left uppercut.

Winky Wright and knockout don't go together.

Comment

50% of Wrights career victories came by way of Knockout
      I'd hand you one via jab to the right ventricle, ****.

Comment

I like to go into the Philly shell with Tex Cobb, and counter all night, so I do.

Comment

You wouldn't last in my realm of bobbing & weaving.

Comment

What's the only guarantee after entering my realm, Warp?
            Eye sockets as black as Chris Benoit's soul.

Comment

I beat a guy online the other day who's record was 488-12. He was ranked in the top 6.

This guy threw a ton of haymakers and tried to time them right so you'd walk into them.

I fought defensively because it was the smart way to fight (he was hagler at 160, I was leonard at 147). I schooled him every round and in the final round he was going to get knocked out so he repeatidly headbutted me and got DQ'd, a shameful way of avoiding getting KTFO (I get the win of course) but I guess slightly better than just quitting.

He sends me messages saying, "UR BORING" and "YOU DONT FIGHT YOU JUST RUN" even though I landed more punches than him, more counters and threw more punches total, lol. I guess he just couldn't accept the fact someone beat him by actually boxing and not just sitting in front of him like an idiot and allow him to haymaker away at the head & body.

So yes, I completely agree with the thread topic, I was very satisfied knowing I schooled this prick because of good defense.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                I beat a guy online the other day who's record was 488-12. He was ranked in the top 6.

This guy threw a ton of haymakers and tried to time them right so you'd walk into them.

I fought defensively because it was the smart way to fight (he was hagler at 160, I was leonard at 147). I schooled him every round and in the final round he was going to get knocked out so he repeatidly headbutted me and got DQ'd, a shameful way of avoiding getting KTFO (I get the win of course) but I guess slightly better than just quitting.

He sends me messages saying, "UR BORING" and "YOU DONT FIGHT YOU JUST RUN" even though I landed more punches than him, more counters and threw more punches total, lol. I guess he just couldn't accept the fact someone beat him by actually boxing and not just sitting in front of him like an idiot and allow him to haymaker away at the head & body.

So yes, I completely agree with the thread topic, I was very satisfied knowing I schooled this prick because of good defense.
                Hahaha, he wanted you to stay in the pocket with Hearns against Hagler haha. Nice win BTW that is a hard matchup.

I beat a guy the other day that was ranked 169 with about 200ish fights and he had Hagler and I had Cotto. I went down twice but finally took him out.

He was very defensive the second half of the fight and was just sitting in the pocket waiting to counter me. So I started mixing in haymakers and he started low blowing me when I stunned him.

Beat him on points since the after 10rounds my stamina and health were gone and he had already lost 2 points on illegal blows and 1KD.

So I did my Cotto impression and kept him at range with haymakers and jabs for the last 2 rounds to protect my lead.

Comment

i approve of this thread..................

winky has spoken
                  Last edited by -Hyperion-; 07-26-2009, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oasis_Lad View Post
                    I like to go into the Philly shell with Tex Cobb, and counter all night, so I do.
                    Seriously? Tex Cobbs claim to fame was his ability to eat punches...

Comment

Working...
                    X