Ortiz Dana White Beef

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ortiz Dana White Beef

Whats the story behind this conflict?

I dont know much about it.One of the hardcore MMA heads will fill you in no doubt.
    What i do know is Dana as always been ****ty with Ortiz.I think tito wanted more money for his fights felt like the UFC kinda owned it to him with him being the face for UFC in the past before it was even a name brand sport.Dana fuked him over a few times from what i've read..

Think they also agreed to fight one time but under the marquess of Queensbury rules
    dont know what went down though but i heard dana slinging **** like Ortiz pulled out...

Comment

Dana WHITE-BREAD rips off Tito from ALOT of money and doesn't give him the fights he wants

Comment

Pretty simple, two of the biggest egos in MMA can't get along. Dana doesn't feel Tito is relevant or has been relevant since he lost to Chuck the first time round and he has said this publicly. Tito says that he is still one of the best and that Dana doesn't give him the respect that he deserves. Both guys are right and wrong about things with regards to each other.

Comment

Ortiz is right on the respect part though...Ortiz was the face of the UFC when it wasnt Big he carried the sport a little when no one knew fuk all about it....

He should show him more respect

Comment

Originally posted by The Gully Gad View Post
            Ortiz is right on the respect part though...Ortiz was the face of the UFC when it wasnt Big he carried the sport a little when no one knew fuk all about it....

He should show him more respect
            I sure he does respect Tito's accomplishments. But it works both ways. White and the Fertittas didn't exactly have an easy job at turning the UFC around. Plus he did get fame because of the UFC not the other way round.

But in reality I think it goes a lot more deeper than that. It's a personal issue more than anything else and they're just as bad as each other when it comes to slinging mud.

Comment

Originally posted by mud19 View Post
              Whats the story behind this conflict?
              I think its an ego issue but mainly its Ortiz asking for more money where he didn't deserve it. When Ortiz hurt his back, he wanted the UFC to pick up the bills for his surgery and treatment. Dana didn't view that to be fair cuz he said that he doesn't do that for any of his other fighters so why would he do that for Ortiz.

Ortiz's take on it was that he was in a couple of UFC main events that had the most ppv buys of all-time.

My take is that Dana is right on this. Ortiz did attract a lot of fans to the UFC but he also got handsomely rewarded for it because he did become a multimillionaire because of it. The main even fighters don't just get a base salary, they also get a cut of the ppv buys. So the fact that Ortiz did attract a lot more buys made him more money and the UFC doesn't owe him anything else. I think Ortiz just thought that Dana would give him more perks cuz he was Ortiz's manager since 95 but Dana has a little more integrity than that and that frustrated Ortiz because he couldn't get what he wanted.

Comment

Dana White used to manage Chuck and Tito before Zuffa bought the UFC, Dana became president and couldn't do both (conflict of interest). i believe that's when the beef started

Comment

Originally posted by JabSandwich View Post
                  Dana White used to manage Chuck and Tito before Zuffa bought the UFC, Dana became president and couldn't do both (conflict of interest). i believe that's when the beef started
                  that isn't exactly it. tito and chuck didn't have any problems with dana becoming the president of the UFC. the problem might be indirectly related to that though, where Ortiz thought that he could get special treatment from Dana because of their pre-UFC history together. And when he didn't get it, that just frustrated him.

I think Dana is right on this one and I applaud him for not giving Ortiz more than he deserved. Ortiz is still the top 3 richest MMA fighters in the world so he should be happy and content with that.

Comment

I've just heard some ****ty things about Dana though that kinda puts me off the man..

i mean the dude outright looks after Liddell like its his homeboy
                    but Ortiz also is a bit of a diva.....

Comment

Working...
                    X