No announcement yet.

Media claims are false, Pac did suffer internal ear damage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bbos View Post
    This thread addresses pacquaio's ear injury which he has chronically suffered during training camp and had been exasperated during the cotto fight. Now many claim that it is simply a cauliflower ear which limits the damage to the external cartilages only, and is of little concern. I beg to differ

The exterior of the ear is a vital piece of human tissue, it contributes to our auditory senses by amplifying and concentrating the sound into the ear canal. Kind of like when you manipulate a piece of paper into a cylinder and talk into one end, the magnitude of the sound is increased when exiting the other.

So one would assume that Pac's hearing problems that occurred during the post-fight interview is due to the disfigurement of the exterior cartilage. However, it has been proven that this amplification process from the external cartilage is only applicable to sound waves/pressure at a minimum distance of 20 feet. Pac was standing < 1 feet away from Max Kellerman at the interview and still had difficulty hearing Kellerman's words, he had to lean literally into Kellerman's mouth just to hear. This proves that pac's auditory malfunction originates from internal structural damage of the ear. Because at close proximity the amplification contributed by the external ear is negligible.

To address the official statements, personally I would rather believe Pac when he is telling me that he has hearing problems rather then the media broadcasting other wise. As we all know, the boxing media's interest is in its business, the disclosure of the objective truth comes second.
    I suffered internal ear damage during Pacquiao's concert so now we're even.

Comment

come on i'm a pac fan too but i'm tired of people posting all these excuses. busted eardrum or not pac wants the fight in march. if march is too early it's pac's own damn fault for wanting it in march. he'll be ready or he wouldn't have decided on that date.

Comment

Working...
      X