Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather is the GOAT!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I recalled, Mayweather is not undefeated. He got knocked out by AT&T.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
      What criteria are you using by calling 112 lineal?
      http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=19744

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
        Going by the criteria Cliff Rold and Bert Sugar went by in their calling Pacquiao's 112 title lineal. And it was for the WBC belt as well.
        Ok I got ya......

Comment

just lol at the thread title.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingismylife View Post
            Floyd Mayweather is the GOAT!
            YEP!He truly is!

Comment

Here is why:
              He is undefeated, he has gought in several weight classes and won titles. he is currently the best boxer in the world, and IMO he would be the best technical fighter of any era, NOBODY can beat him from 130-154 from any era, his record speaks for itself, he is 40-0 and has fought every kind of opponent.

SSM will fall in 10, he is way to easy to hit, Floyd will pepper him 100 times pr round with hard precice shots!. Cotto is damaged goods, but even in his prime he would get whooped.
              Pac is just an overrated little man, Floyd is bigger and better in every departement, he hits harder, he is WAY faster and overall a MUCH better fighter. I honestly cannot see Floyd having any problems beating any opponent from any era.

Paul Williams might outwork him, but that doesnt help if you are only landing 3 punches per round and getting countered 50-60 times with perfect counters.

The only reason Mayweather fought Marques was becaus he wanted to humiliate him, so that Pac would be scared and duck him instead of him ducking Pac. As for speaking of Pac, he will fall in 6. WAY to easy to hit and counter and way to small.

Honestly, dont i have a point?
              if NO, prove me wrong and write your opinion!
              Cheers
              Hey TS, if boxing was your life you'd know that there was way more to it than Floyd. Respect the art and do some research. Floyd is a real GOOD boxer, but he's got a long way to go to be considered the greatest.

Comment

Here is why:
                He is undefeated, he has gought in several weight classes and won titles. he is currently the best boxer in the world, and IMO he would be the best technical fighter of any era, NOBODY can beat him from 130-154 from any era, his record speaks for itself, he is 40-0 and has fought every kind of opponent.

SSM will fall in 10, he is way to easy to hit, Floyd will pepper him 100 times pr round with hard precice shots!. Cotto is damaged goods, but even in his prime he would get whooped.
                Pac is just an overrated little man, Floyd is bigger and better in every departement, he hits harder, he is WAY faster and overall a MUCH better fighter. I honestly cannot see Floyd having any problems beating any opponent from any era.

Paul Williams might outwork him, but that doesnt help if you are only landing 3 punches per round and getting countered 50-60 times with perfect counters.

The only reason Mayweather fought Marques was becaus he wanted to humiliate him, so that Pac would be scared and duck him instead of him ducking Pac. As for speaking of Pac, he will fall in 6. WAY to easy to hit and counter and way to small.

Honestly, dont i have a point?
                if NO, prove me wrong and write your opinion!
                Cheers

Ummm, yes, I can prove you wrong. Floyd throws much less than the average number of punches per round for a WW and doesn't even throw close to 100 punches per round.

Floyd doesn't even throw fifty to sixty punches per round, let alone landing with anything close to that many 'perfect counters'. He throws about 40 punches per round on average, but rarely ever reaches sixty.
                Last edited by BennyST; 11-03-2009, 06:38 AM.

Comment

1. You Deluded, Floyd would have a problem counter Paul Williams somebody with a ten inch reach advantage. You Seriously think Floyd would stand a chance against the Punisher you are deluded, why you think Floyd didn't fight him or Vernon Forrest?
                  2. Apart from an Old De La Hoya, Floyd has NEVER fought anyone with a size reach advantage on him. You even cant count Corales, because Corales 2inch height advantage, equals itself out to Floyds 2 inch reach advantage. All the greatest fighters like Ray Leonard, Ray Robinson Pernall Whittiker Ali have all schooled good fighters who have size advantages on themselves.
                  3. Floyd has not fought anyone in the Top five Welterweights, how can u claim to be the best welterweight, when the best you have beaten is Baldimir!
                  4. Floyd doesn't fight the best most risky opponents, since Corales he aint took no risks he just looked for older past peak or smaller dudes with a big name eg. hatton marquez.
                  5. There is four titles in every weight class, more weight classes than ever before, you can't class titles today, like titles were in the days of Sugar Ray Robinson, Duran, Leonard etc..
                  6. How can you say nobody can beat him up to 154 of any era, he cant even fight Williams to prove this era, its almost laughable to think he could beat a peak Duran, Ray Leonard, or Hearns at 154, when he didnt really beat Castillo the 1st time at lightweight
                  Last edited by steeluv; 11-03-2009, 07:08 AM.

Comment

is he ducking anybody?

Comment

nope.....floyd's the chicken of boxing.....

Comment

Working...
                      X