Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs Feels Golovkin's Hype is Built on Calculated Matchmaking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol i guess journalist lazy to visit big bear mountain to interview golovkin

Comment

Final stages of their careers and not middleweights? WTF is he talking about?

Golovkin spent years fighting the best fighters willing and other than 2016 has fought a top middleweight or two every year since hitting HBO. The only fight he ever avoided was with Ward, an inactive super middleweight who moved up to light heavyweight. And you can criticize Golovkin for that. I certainly have.

But please don't pretend that Golovkin hasn't spent years wiping out whatever top 10 middleweights were willing to fight him. He has fought anyone at the weight who was willing, including Jacobs now.

Comment

Quiet now Danny. You'll experience the "hype" very soon. Get ready.

Comment

jacobs is talking too much. if he really believes ggg is all hype he's going to have that shocked look on his face curtis stevens had when he gets dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
            Jacobs is going to beat Golovkin. Actually beating cancer should empower ambition and strength, different style to win.
            I don't think it's a matter of willpower, I think he's just not going to be able to take Golovkins power. But he's a good fighter and this is a really good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bluepete View Post
              Starting with Proska, Stevens, Macklin, Murray and Lemieux, as his more high profile wins, I don't think any of them were smaller or older men. So I don't think saying they matched him with guys coming to the end or smaller guys in general is right at all.
              Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post

Golovkin spent years fighting the best fighters willing and other than 2016 has fought a top middleweight or two every year since hitting HBO. The only fight he ever avoided was with Ward, an inactive super middleweight who moved up to light heavyweight. And you can criticize Golovkin for that. I certainly have.

But please don't pretend that Golovkin hasn't spent years wiping out whatever top 10 middleweights were willing to fight him. He has fought anyone at the weight who was willing, including Jacobs now.
              Someone did a thread a couple of weeks ago. Golovkin has only fought like 4 guys who actually started at MW, the rest of his opponents moved up from lower weights. What have any of them done after fighting Golovkin? The ones that had little success like Geale were at the end of their career when they fought Golovkin. There's some truth to what Jacobs is saying.

Comment

What Jacobs forget is that it from 4 years GGG as a world champion he was the only one to step up because all other fighters doesn't want him. Sergio Martinez doesn't want him, Sturm doesn't want him, Geale doesn't want him when he was a unified middlelweight.

Comment

Wade and Willie Monroe were top 10 middleweights willing to fight him. So we have to put things in perspective. No one is pretending. Jacobs opinion is no different than many that post here on NSB.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
                    Jacobs is going to beat Golovkin. Actually beating cancer should empower ambition and strength, different style to win.
                    what kind of ******ed nonsense is this? this ain't no hollywood movie boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                      Wade and Willie Monroe were top 10 middleweights willing to fight him. So we have to put things in perspective. No one is pretending. Jacobs opinion is no different than many that post here on NSB.
                      he's right.the top guys at 160 like martinez sturm cotto cuntnelo all avoided ggg.a freaking welterweight had more balls than those guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X