Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy's Lawsuit Against Al Haymon Enters Discovery Phase

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Gift ‏@MMAanalytics · 2h2 hours ago
    What the?? Blocked by Lou DiBella. #boxing

Paul Gift ‏@MMAanalytics · 45m45 minutes ago
    Paul Gift Retweeted Devin
    He clearly doesn't like that the #boxing world knows he's a Haymon witness... ��

Comment

• Paul Gift ‏@MMAanalytics 2h
      Paul Gift Retweeted Lance Pugmire
      Wow, case against Haymon didn't seem too strong, but judge didn't even hold a hearing. #boxing

Paul Gift ‏@MMAanalytics 2h
      Judge ruled that Golden Boy didn't properly define #boxing manager market or show large entry barriers to becoming a manager.

Judge: Haymon had 6 boxers testifying they were not coerced to use a particular promoter, Golden Boy had 0 boxers saying they were.

Judge smackdown: "...no reasonable jury could find the existence of a tie, when Golden Boy has not submitted a single proposal to Haymon."

Paul Gift ‏@MMAanalytics 1h
      Al Haymon owes ShowtimeShawnP's father a nice dinner.

Paul Gift ‏@MMAanalytics 56m
      Joe Smith, Jr., your 1st round TKO of Fonfara helped make Golden Boy's expert witness, Dr. Kneuper, look foolish.

Paul Gift ‏@MMAanalytics 49m
      Judge: Golden Boy "grossly overestimated" Haymon's market share. #boxing

Paul Gift ‏@MMAanalytics 23m
      Paul Gift Retweeted Notorious JTB
      Now. When all the reports and analyses were done. #boxing

Comment

• Dan Rafael ‏@danrafaelespn 2h
        Just filed story on judge dismissing Golden Boy's suit vs. Haymon. Judge killed Golden Boy. Pretty harsh rebuke in the ruling.

Dan Rafael ‏@danrafaelespn 2h
        Judge cited Haymon's willingness to make Canelo-Khan and Canelo-Chavez with Golden Boy as proof he'd work with non-PBC promoters.

Dan Rafael ‏@danrafaelespn 2h
        Interesting revelation from ruling was something I'd heard but didn't know for sure: Spike pays for PBC while others nets are time buys.

Dan Rafael ‏@danrafaelespn 1h
        Element that seemed to negatively impact GB's suit: Top Rank settlement with Haymon eliminated PBC's network exclusivity.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
          This is going to Discovery is huge for Golden Boy and Top Rank and something that PBC and haymon supporters said would NEVER get to this point. Now Haymon will have to hand over documents that outline exactly what is going on with PBC and give sworn testimony. I also think these lawsuits are also linked to why we are seeing less PBC shows (the amount of PBC events per month has dropped EVERY month since Oct, falling to just 2 shows in Feb the lowest since PBC launched last year and ZERO scheduled in March) everything has been sent to Showtime. PBC investors are running out of money and Haymon has 2 hundred million lawsuits that's why they can't afford to put out PBC shows despite having already paid millions for the air time on all these different networks. My guess has always been in the end he will have to pay a large settlement for these lawsuit and officially declare himself either a Manager or a Promoter.
          So how did that turn out?

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
            No that will be the easy part. It will be easy to show where the money trail began and where it ended. That we all know.

The hard part for Oscar will be proving how he suffered damages due to Haymon. That will be the hard part. We know fighters left for Haymon, but this is a free world and Oscar did not protect his interests as he should have. The fighters left because they were no longer obligated to stay with him.
            Yep

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
            Not when idiot fighters are on TV slipping up and calling Haymon their promoter or when fighters foolishly post their fighter purse check on Instagram and it's got Haymon's name on it. Something ONLY a promoter does (pay fighter purses). And Oscar's company when it was ran by Schaefer worked with Haymon. Which is why I said from day 1 this lawsuit is more dangerous then Top Ranks's because Golden Boy knows where the dead bodies are buried. They worked with Haymon NOT Arum so they know where and what to look for and now they have access to those documents.
            Well the judge disagreed because Top Rank and GBP couldn't prove it

Originally posted by wlliam View Post
            Haymon would have a better case against GBP, especially Top Rank with the claims being made against Haymon. Theyre basically suing Haymon for what theyve been doing all these yrs...moreso Bob Arum, fkn HATE that fk.
            Yep

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
            ....PBC will get everything coming that's due to them.....I don't have much time for Oscar as well....but what Schaefer and haymon did to goldenboy was below the belt....blood sucking the company when the man was not fit and healthy to run his company....now if haymon has used up all the 200 million hedge fund with nothing to show for it...that's naughty...because that's companies or people's investments designed to actually make more money .....and if haymon and PBC have just washed that down the drain they deserve everything that comes there way......lose your life savings or companies money and see how you feel
            So what did they get that was coming to them?

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
            Dibella is EMPLOYED by Haymon and is one of the "sham" promoters he uses. Of course he's going to defend Haymon. But Dibella also said this lawsuit would get tossed out of court. Yet a year later here we are going to discovery. Fact is it's the worst kept secret in boxing that Haymon calls himself an Adviser to hide the fact that he is operating as both Manager and Promoter which is illegal.
            Well DiBella the ivy league educated Lawyer was right and you were wrong.

Originally posted by Teetotaler View Post
            I'd be surprised if Haymon beats both. I think at this point only TR has the upper hand. Does anyone have the odds on this?
            Are you surprised yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
              When fighters receive purse checks signed by Hymen and post the pics online.......it's a wrap.

Party ovah, that's why Hymen is trying to make nice with HBO now because the trust fund moguls are pulling out.
              Looks like the party is still going
              Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
              Here's a little "fact salad" for you to chew on.......

Fact: The Ali Act prohibits a "manager" from having a financial interest in the promotion of a fighter.

Fact: Haymon is a licensed "manager" in Nevada, and several other states

Fact: Haymon has a financial interest in PBC events

Fact: The licensed "promoters" Haymon hires are paid a flat fee and have no financial interest in the promotion.

Now if you think those facts are "nuts", then there is no reason to continue the discussion because obviously you have decided to NOT be objective about it......
              Fact: Case dismissed

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                Looks like the party is still going

Fact: Case dismissed

Hilarious. Whole lot of butt hurt out there tonight.

Comment

• linusesq ‏@linusesq 2h
                  linusesq Retweeted Lance Pugmire
                  another Al win.Still think GBP had the "stronger" case (compared to TR) but handcuffed itself w/ that early "settlement" which took out legs

linusesq ‏@linusesq 2h
                  w/out the alleged Schaefer shenanigans at GBP as part of its case-- not much left 2 hang hat on. Forum tie ups/ now waived exclusivity

linusesq ‏@linusesq 2h
                  one other point-- dismissal at summary judgement stage is AFTER discovery. So they had opportunity to "find" any smoking gun... and didnt

linusesq ‏@linusesq 2h
                  1 other impression (& NOT a antitrust expert by any means).but it seems judge put great stock in PBC's "adjustments" & not original vision

linusesq ‏@linusesq 2h
                  so adjustments like waiving network exclusivity, disclaiming forum lock up & working with TR/GBP certainly helped PBC persuade this judge...

linusesq ‏@linusesq 2h
                  question-now that antitrust monkey is off its back (pending any GBP appeals) does PBC revert back to original "vision" or keep playing nice?

linusesq ‏@linusesq 2h
                  or has the business model changes... dictated by the financials... changed the landscape and really decided things in the end?

linusesq ‏@linusesq 2h
                  This is the same judge who also originally dismissed TRs first complaint-- and showed his hand early on that he HATED this entire theory

linusesq ‏@linusesq 2h
                  whether or not judge2aggressive/strict in what he's requiring GBP to prove-& its vulnerable on appeal? Cant say- no real antitrust expertise

linusesq ‏@linusesq 2h
                  its a possibility-sometimes district court judges go off the reservation & have their own agendas.See Tom Brady's ridiculous "win" b4 appeal

linusesq ‏@linusesq 39m
                  One final final note-- the STATE unfair competition claim wasnt decided on merits but punted back to a state court to decide if GBP pursues

Comment

Yep

Well the judge disagreed because Top Rank and GBP couldn't prove it

Yep

So what did they get that was coming to them?

Well DiBella the ivy league educated Lawyer was right and you were wrong.

Are you surprised yet?
                    I cant argue...i was wrong thats that....golden boy over the last year or so has shown to be of very low moral standards and haymon has still been carding to class fights without the expensive ppv fights,...so fair play to him

Comment

Yep

I noticed you quoted me so I took a look. I was thinking when in the hell did I post that, then saw it was last year. For a second I thought I was on here posting while drunk last week LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X