No announcement yet.

Loeffler asks to extend bid date to WBA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
    I'm sure GGG knows what it's like to be frustrated.

I'd rather be young and frustrated than old and frustrated....but that's just me

You American Jacobs haters are a pathetic bunch.

If Danny were British or Russian you best believe his Countrymen wouldn't be riding on GGG's crotch.

They'd want Danny to bring the title home.

You guys don't want the title returned to US soil...now I wonder why that is????

I'm not a Jacobs hater, he's a real nice guy, well spoken. And even with the ducking he's not a coward. None of these guys are, not even Canelo. It's just Ggg that makes them do cowardly things

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      I'm not a Jacobs hater, he's a real nice guy, well spoken. And even with the ducking he's not a coward. None of these guys are, not even Canelo. It's just Ggg that makes them do cowardly things
      Turning down 10 million to fight Canelo is a cowardly thing.

Turning down a Mora fight on HBO to fight Adama off TV is a cowardly thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
        Turning down 10 million to fight Canelo is a cowardly thing.

Turning down a Mora fight on HBO to fight Adama off TV is a cowardly thing.
        This is more of your "they offered Jacobs substantially less that one Quillin" facts lol. So hows your search for self respect? When did you lose all of that?

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          This is more of your "they offered Jacobs substantially less that one Quillin" facts lol. So hows your search for self respect? When did you lose all of that?
          So GGG didn't turn down 10 million to fight Canelo

Is that what you're saying in a roundabout way????

Comment

• Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post
            what sort of bind is that? please enlighten us.

I'm almost 100% certain that HBO would allow their favored fighter to go across the street to showtime for a one-off fight and easy win. Loeffer is on record saying that the networks would not be an issue.
            We'll see in two weeks; the fact that the negoatiations have been formally going on for longer than a month now, with K2 clawing for every penny on the fight, makes it pretty clear that K2 doesn't see the fight as being as easy as you and other fans want to claim.

And, if you think that HBO is going to take a flyer on Golovkin taking on his toughest fight in his pro career, on a rival network, after spending 4 years trying to convince their audience to pay up for Golovkin, you're also kidding yourself

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              If that's the case why isn't Jacobs team asking for an extension?
              good question.

My guess, as i've seemed to always guess, is that Daniel Jacobs wants the fight, he and his camp (trainer/Haymon/DiBella) are ready for the fight, and the folks on his side of the table (Espinoza/Barclays Center/DiBella/Haymon) are more than prepared to do what they can to get their guy the best deal possible and best chance to win the actual fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                You are saying Jacobs will accept 25%? I thought you all said he should vacate if that happened.
                The winner of the bid controls the event and it's revenues; K2's actions seem to clearly show that the chances of them not winning the bid are real.

If DiBella wins the bid, topping K2 by even a dollar, Jacobs gets 25% of the bid amount plus a share on any upside revenues.

Comment

• Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post
                  LOL what?
                  So going to bid exposes him?
                  LOL in a bind?
                  All it does is force Jacobs to vacate when he doesn't get more than he's worth. K2 will put up a bid, then Dibella or w/e puppet Haymon wants to use will put up a lower one and people will say K2 was trying to screw them over the whole time.

Ohhhh goodness... this is still spinned against them somehow
                  :0
                  Gennday Golovkin is the biggest fight that Al Haymon could openly negotiate for Daniel Jacobs, outside of a fight with Saul Alvarez (which is likely to never happen).

The fight has already been mandated, and Golovkin walking away from the fight will result in him having to give up one of his precious belts. Beyond that, though Jacobs is a good fighter in his own right, him having that wba belt keeps his name in the conversation (which would be greatly lessened were he to not have the belt).

Barclays Center is waiting to host the fight, and Stephen Espinoza is more than ready to put money behind bringing the fight to Showtime.

K2 taking the step to delay the bid makes it pretty clear that they don't see it being all that obvious that they'd win a bid on the open market.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    Gennday Golovkin is the biggest fight that Al Haymon could openly negotiate for Daniel Jacobs, outside of a fight with Saul Alvarez (which is likely to never happen).

The fight has already been mandated, and Golovkin walking away from the fight will result in him having to give up one of his precious belts. Beyond that, though Jacobs is a good fighter in his own right, him having that wba belt keeps his name in the conversation (which would be greatly lessened were he to not have the belt).

Barclays Center is waiting to host the fight, and Stephen Espinoza is more than ready to put money behind bringing the fight to Showtime.

K2 taking the step to delay the bid makes it pretty clear that they don't see it being all that obvious that they'd win a bid on the open market.
                    Let's not forget you had Haymon stripping Ggg via Wade purse bid lol. Or made laughable predictions in just about every post, usually off by a factor if 3. This fits the mold

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      Its a private contract, nothing has to be or is going to be public like you think. Im also pretty sure bids are private, its not ebay. Plus just about anybody can bid on the fight
                      When Wilder-Povetkin went to bid, almost instantly, we were able to see that DiBella bid just over $5m on the fight, while Povetkin's promoter ended up bidding $7m. In fact, I'm fairly certain that it's rather common practice to have bids disclosed (can't speak for the WBO, but WBC/WBA/IBF all disclose the bids for their fights).

Comment

Working...
                      X