Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would you rank Robeisy Ramirez if he wins gold again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where would you rank Robeisy Ramirez if he wins gold again?

Assuming he beats Stevenson where would you rank him among all time great amateurs?

Everything that kid has won has been gold.

Pan ams
    Carriebeans
    Worlds
    youths
    central Americans
    Olympics

Win or Lose he is one of the greatest Amateur/Olympian Fighters I've EVER SEEN no question!

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
      Win or Lose he is one of the greatest Amateur/Olympian Fighters I've EVER SEEN no question!
      Oh i agree he's already one of the best amateurs ive seen aswell but if he does win that second gold it would definitely put him on another level.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
        Oh i agree he's already one of the best amateurs ive seen aswell but if he does win that second gold it would definitely put him on another level.
        He'll be in the class of Loma, Shimming, Kindelan and Rigondeaux which is a great feat.

Ramirez I think is better suited for the pros as he really likes to fight in the pocket and his guard is very tight.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
          He'll be in the class of Loma, Shimming, Kindelan and Rigondeaux which is a great feat.

Ramirez I think is better suited for the pros as he really likes to fight in the pocket and his guard is very tight.
          Yup his style would be very fan friendly but his trainers said they believe Ramirez can be a three time Olympic champ, so he might not be looking at the pros for a while unfortunately.

But i believe if he doesn't win this Saturday they might have a change of heart about that.

Comment

Yup his style would be very fan friendly but his trainers said they believe Ramirez can be a three time Olympic champ, so he might not be looking at the pros for a while unfortunately.

But i believe if he doesn't win this Saturday they might have a change of heart about that.
            Have you been watching the Mexican broadcast of these Olympics? Juan Manuel Marquez is an amazing colour commentator. His insight is just so on point. He breaks the technical aspects in a way where the general boxing fan can understand and I really appreciate that.

People rave about Paulie and he is good I'll give him that although as a fighter and as a person off the air I can't stand him, but I think Juan Manuel Marquez is the better commentator. Too bad his English is not that good.

Comment

Assuming he beats Stevenson where would you rank him among all time great amateurs?

Everything that kid has won has been gold.

Pan ams
              Carriebeans
              Worlds
              youths
              central Americans
              Olympics
              Ramiez be all time

Comment

Of this Era pretty high, but Cuba has a ridiculously long list of amateur beasts he may not crack top 5 among them.

Comment

It's crazy how many two times gold medalist are in boxing history, not taking anything away from him, but that doesn't put him high on the list, but the fact he did against his type of opposition can definitely make a point for him.
                  He needs to win a world title too, it's the only thing he lacks i believe.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
                    Have you been watching the Mexican broadcast of these Olympics? Juan Manuel Marquez is an amazing colour commentator. His insight is just so on point. He breaks the technical aspects in a way where the general boxing fan can understand and I really appreciate that.

People rave about Paulie and he is good I'll give him that although as a fighter and as a person off the air I can't stand him, but I think Juan Manuel Marquez is the better commentator. Too bad his English is not that good.
                    I didn't caught Marquez commentating any fight, i caught Jorge Eduardo Sanchez most of the time.

Comment

Working...
                    X