Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011: What a terrible year for boxing, can it get any worse? Let's sum it up..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
    So you're advocating bribery? Terrific...
    If it means Cotto gets to have his vengeance (i'm not sure he will actually win though), and all those fans with tickets don't get screwed over....then yes I really would not care. C'mon...this is boxing lol.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
      I really hope cotto retires margarito via facial fracture
      I hope is eye flies on to the canvas and Cotto stomps on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
        Holy crap that was amazing!!! Buones Noches!!! LOL
        One of my favourite fights of the year, just because the way it all goes over 2 rounds. All you need is these fights televised live and the MMA guys will be in fear of a huge boxing revival lol

Comment

Definitely one of the worst years for Boxing. Specially the supefights/TOP P4P listers did not deliver.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
            One of my favourite fights of the year, just because the way it all goes over 2 rounds. All you need is these fights televised live and the MMA guys will be in fear of a huge boxing revival lol
            That's the problem with mainstream fans, they get invited to boxing nights/fights and witness these embarrassing fights from the superstars. It really is a shame, boxing has been given out the wrong image. And MMA fans keep talking **** yeah...

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
              http://www.megavideo.com/?d=UB7Y575S

password: sweet boxing (1 word, no spaces)

Here is a fight that probably went under most peoples radars this year, but watch it, it only last 2 rounds
              Wow, awesome fight? Do you have a direct download for it?

Comment

This is no doubt another azz-sore Mexican *****in aboout the pac/marquez fight under the guise of a broad topic. Get over it you puta, that was a GREAT fight for boxing. I loved that fight. I honestly could give a **** who won. I just want to see good fights. Thats why this forum sucks, its full of wannabe boxing fans who wanna get in their favorite boxer's boxers. Sad thing is, who gives a **** that Marquez lost, it was a great fight, good for the sport and good for the fans.

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
                I'm a fan and always will be, and I try to focus on the good things, such Rios-Antillon and Kirkland's amazing comeback. But my god we've had to endure some setbacks this year in the sport of boxing. Off the top of my head:

- The biggest heavyweight fight since Tyson Lewis was a complete borefest after all that hype, quickly ending any excitement we had for the heavyweight division, Haye's pinky toe rubs it in even more.

- Mosley Pac....disappointing would be an understatement.

- The Super Six is plagued with fake (yes screw u Dirrell) and unfortunate injuries and drop outs, quite an anti-climax because it was a great initiative (we still get a good fight though, but doesn't feel that much like a true finale)

- Abner Mares vs Joseph Agbeko ruins the end of another great tournament with the dirtiest fighting and ****test official we've seen in a LONG time. A disgraceful fight.

- Lara gets robbed hardcore against Paul Williams, just wow...

- Mathyssee gets robbed against the hometown hero Devon Alexander

- Mayweather Ortiz ends in a suckerpunch, robbing the fans of a great fight. Ortiz acted like an idiot, Mayweather showed his sportsmanship. Great to see after his 'vacation'.

- Marquez shocks the world and controls Pacquiao for 12 rounds, but the decision goes to Manny. Everybody suddenly changes their opinion, which I find quite disturbing. Suddenly the mega-fight is not worth seeing, which is RIDICULOUS. It's fascinating how everybody jumped ship from Manny's balls to Floyd's. All that while ****ting on Marquez pre-fight, not giving this legend any respect. Not that Pac-May would get signed anyway...

- Testing, PED's, *******s, *****'s, Vacations, Talk to my promoter, I'm not not thinking about boxing........I've rarely seen such a sad state of affairs and I'm not picking sides. The fans are making it even worse.

- Fake belts being thrown around like candy. Chavez Jr, Canelo Alvarez, Morales....they all became 'champions'......while Marquez should actually be the FIRST mexican to get 4 belts in different divisions.

- Juan Manuel Lopez gets knocked out by Salido destroying the hopes of the super fight between him and Gamboa. Nice one!

- Bradley shamelessly ducks Khan to prevent another super fight, to determine the number 1 guy at 140.

- Hopkins vs Dawson....are you kidding me?!?!? Yes we win title fights by takedowns! Boxing was certainly on a roll after this one!

- De La Hoya checks into rehab and acts like a child on twitter, while Arum takes his sneakyness to new heights. We've got some promoters in boxing.

Now that I've summed it up, my god this was some year...did I miss anything?

and finally...we lose Joe Frazier, R.I.P. legend

Comment

Originally posted by BarrySlisk View Post
                  Wow, awesome fight? Do you have a direct download for it?
                  When you are watching the video, if you hover your mouse on the screen to the right hand side, some widgets will be available for you to click on. One of them lets you download a copy, thats how I got mine

Comment

Originally posted by fishman View Post
                    This is no doubt another azz-sore Mexican *****in aboout the pac/marquez fight under the guise of a broad topic. Get over it you puta, that was a GREAT fight for boxing. I loved that fight. I honestly could give a **** who won. I just want to see good fights. Thats why this forum sucks, its full of wannabe boxing fans who wanna get in their favorite boxer's boxers. Sad thing is, who gives a **** that Marquez lost, it was a great fight, good for the sport and good for the fans.
                    LOL are you calling me mexican? Look at my location troll.

Comment

It was a disappointing year for big fights but there were a lot of exciting fights that went under the radar. This was probably the best Friday Night Fights season ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X