No announcement yet.

Espn and the hyping of the "lineal title"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Espn and the hyping of the "lineal title"

Seriously its getting ridiculous the way they bring that up and put so much emphasis on it.

Seems Max especially cant shut up about it.

Hes is out for 2 years and had controversy with peds.

ESPN dont even have Fury rated #1 they have wilder the #1 lol embarrassing.

No rankings ring,espn,tbrb have Fury rated as the champion of the division.

The casual fan is confused enough ,the notion they were selling an actual championship fight is really unnecessary ,I think one announcer also called Fury unified .

Comment

The line ended when Fury went off his rocker for 2 years. It's preposterous to be away that long WITHOUT AN INJURY which would have been a proper and reasonable excuse.

Comment

To their target audience - casual viewers - it's something to hook them in with. Most easy-switchers who MAY be enticed into watching boxing, simply don't know that the lineal title isn't even a title, nor is it worth the breath spent on saying it.

Comment

Its straight up embarrassing.

I can sort of understand Fury saying it, he has no belts but hasn't been beaten in the ring and wants to make himself sound like he is still a champion for self promotion, understandable.

As for ESPN just swallowing it and continually repeating it constantly, yet not mentioning at all he was banned for PEDs is shamefull.

The lineal title: You beat the man who beat the man, except when you didn't because he retired so its not lineal at all.

Who else talks about lineal titles in other weight divisions, no one, because they have actual belts and as corrupt as the organisations are, at least they are what they say on the tin, the WBC HW championship belt is just that, the belt given to the HW champion as defined by the WBC/WBO/IBF etc.

I have to take my hat of to Fury or his team its working like a charm, ESPN are a disgrace for acting like it is a legitimate thing though.

Comment

They’re paying fury half the networks budget they will reach and promote the sport it’s not a bad thing he’s gonna get knocked out by Deontay anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
              The line ended when Fury went off his rocker for 2 years. It's preposterous to be away that long WITHOUT AN INJURY which would have been a proper and reasonable excuse.
              The "line" has ended numerous times, Lewis retired, Klitschko didn't beat him, Klitschko didn't beat "the man".

Also lets not forget Fury was banned for PEDs

Comment

Originally posted by andocom View Post
                The "line" has ended numerous times, Lewis retired, Klitschko didn't beat him, Klitschko didn't beat "the man".

Also lets not forget Fury was banned for PEDs
                Yes, thanks for mentioning the PEDS.

This thread will get lit up like a Christmas tree when the Brits wake up tommorrow.

Comment

Cringe on top of cringe. Calling him "champ" when 3 of his last 4 opponents have been literal unknowns. Not even Breazeale/Ruiz/Areola level guys, just complete no hopers. It was insulting to listen to. They acted like the audience must be totally malleable.

Comment

Absolute cringe to watch it. I'd respect it if it was the ring magazine belt, but this lineage is so embarrassing. It's nothing, it means nothing and it never did.

All it means is that he beat Klitschko That's it.

I hope to God they shut up about it. Once he wins a belt I bet they won't be saying "Now unified lineal and WBO champion"

Comment

Working...
                    X