Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Gervonta Davis is Unbelievable, They Can't Stop Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MexicanStyle#1 View Post
    If you're a ghetto sewer rat and my comment offended you... well I'm glad!!! But nowhere did I mention race. Unless you're pshychy immediately makes you picture a certain race!!!
    Why this deep? It's boxing unrelated. What's up?

Comment

I think Mayweather is in danger of becoming everything he rallied against when he founded his promotional company. He would often talk about how he's free from the promoters who were controlling him and robbing him blind. Tank is an excellent fighter but far more importantly than that, he has incredible power. His fights are entertaining, 1 sided and usually end in devastating knockouts.

However we want to see him in with somebody we consider his equal, we haven't had anything close to that yet really. Gamboa honestly looked washed up before he even fought Crawford which was years ago! I mean i'm sure you all remember reading the pre-fight write ups, nobody really thought Gamboa could win. He would be a tough test at the very best, but again - this was years ago. Now he's older, slower, fatter and has even less punch resistance.

I really feel for tank, yes he's already earning millions but the dude sounds like he wants to fight the best but instead he's being forced not to.

Comment

Originally posted by Articulateboxin View Post
        I think Mayweather is in danger of becoming everything he rallied against when he founded his promotional company. He would often talk about how he's free from the promoters who were controlling him and robbing him blind. Tank is an excellent fighter but far more importantly than that, he has incredible power. His fights are entertaining, 1 sided and usually end in devastating knockouts.

However we want to see him in with somebody we consider his equal, we haven't had anything close to that yet really. Gamboa honestly looked washed up before he even fought Crawford which was years ago! I mean i'm sure you all remember reading the pre-fight write ups, nobody really thought Gamboa could win. He would be a tough test at the very best, but again - this was years ago. Now he's older, slower, fatter and has even less punch resistance.

I really feel for tank, yes he's already earning millions but the dude sounds like he wants to fight the best but instead he's being forced not to.
        and you dont think that is because of his level of opposition?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
          No. Davis already has his super critics.

He's at 135 now. Imagine him dragging Cruz or Russell two divisions up, despite how high those same critics rate them? Davis is held to much higher standards (I love it, tho), where the caliber of Santa Cruz, Russell, and a two-time Olympic gold medalist, Gamboa, become bums.

That's the standard I hold him too.

Shouldn't people be asking questions why this is so? I know why. Most of the hardcores here know how special Davis is.
          high standards??? he won't even fight anyone in the top 10 and yet he still has crazed fanboys who pretend he is the best boxer on the planet. he has super low standards otherwise he wouldnt have people like you

Comment

he sounds like he wants to fight the best...he went into a panic attack when floyd said he was going to try and make the loma fight. on his twitter he says he has a big surprise for his fans and then annonces he is fighting a completely shot gamboa. this is a con. hes not trying to fool all people. hes just trying to fool enogh people

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              and you dont think that is because of his level of opposition?
              Of course that's a huge contributing factor, but there are many people who come up in a similar fashion and don't have anywhere near the same levels of power.

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              he sounds like he wants to fight the best...he went into a panic attack when floyd said he was going to try and make the loma fight. on his twitter he says he has a big surprise for his fans and then annonces he is fighting a completely shot gamboa. this is a con. hes not trying to fool all people. hes just trying to fool enogh people
              Well the paragraph above this quote, I detailed my opinions of Gamboa as a choice and how it's going to be sold. However I can't really agree with him panicking about a Loma bout, I haven't seen that or heard much from tank that suggests he's reluctant to fight people (though happy to read any source you have for this). I do remember him very publicly announcing his unhappiness with mayweather promotions and being woefully inactive though.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                He'll crush everyone between 130 and 140. Keep watching. Loma is surrounded.
                Yea, I’m waiting. They can wait for loma to get old and possibly get a win there, but I don’t think he beats Haney.

Comment

Of course that's a huge contributing factor, but there are many people who come up in a similar fashion and don't have anywhere near the same levels of power.

Well the paragraph above this quote, I detailed my opinions of Gamboa as a choice and how it's going to be sold. However I can't really agree with him panicking about a Loma bout, I haven't seen that or heard much from tank that suggests he's reluctant to fight people (though happy to read any source you have for this). I do remember him very publicly announcing his unhappiness with mayweather promotions and being woefully inactive though.
                  have you seen his resume? in 3 years he hasn't fought anyone nor has he tried. is that not evidence enough? lomachenko tried to negotiate a fight. rejected. he was ofered a lot of money for a farmer fight. rejected. hes not out there sending offers to any top 10 fighters either

and why do you think he was unhappy with mayeather...they contacted top rank about a loma fight and he went off saying it wasnt the right time for that fight. the reason they contacted top rank to scare tank was because tank was being unprofessional and not making weight. they needed to scare him a little to get his act together so they could continue the charade.

Comment

I'm not sure why you're putting his poor fight history at the responsibility of the fighter? He doesn't make the fights, the promoter and manager does. It didn't sound to me that Tank rejected the Farmer fight, it was him who got the ball rolling with the 2 of them going back and fourth on social media? I mean I cannot know for sure that it's not tank deciding to decline the fights, however Mayweather has been very vocal about protecting tank and building him slowly so the only actual evidence we have is from the promotional side.

Either way I don't actually care that much, I think tank's talent is going to waste and that was the basis for my original point. If you think that is his fault then that is your opinion, I have a different one and that's fine

Comment

Gervonta is over marketed by Floyd but lack interesting match up....

Comment

Working...
                      X