No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beterbiev Drops Gvozdyk Three Times, Stops Him in Tenth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
    I don't know, I wasn't extremely impressed with his power. Don't get me wrong, he hits hard, but hes not other wordly. I always sensed that Gvozdyk's chin wasn't that strong, but last night he showed that he was able to take multiple flush shots from Beterbiev without going down, in the end it was the body work and lack of conditioning that did Gvozdyk in.
    I just wanted to share the graphics. I don't keep up with these guys at LHW, not impressed with any of the skill-set I seen at the very top of this division, the game has not been the same since the American HOF Andre 'S.O.G' Ward retired. Your guess is as good as mines.

Glad these euro-bums are out of the way so we can get back to talking about real boxing.

Comment

I don't know, I wasn't extremely impressed with his power. Don't get me wrong, he hits hard, but hes not other wordly. I always sensed that Gvozdyk's chin wasn't that strong, but last night he showed that he was able to take multiple flush shots from Beterbiev without going down, in the end it was the body work and lack of conditioning that did Gvozdyk in.
      Gvozdyk was well conditioned but Beterbiev's power shots to the body had a big effect. Beterbiev deflated him and the flush shots on the chin also took the fight out of Gvozdyk.

Comment

Were you impress with Wilder's power when he land dozens of flush right hand on Duhaupas' chin with only modest effect? Tell me exactly who is more heavy-handed than Beterbiev at 175? Every shot Beterbiev land was THUDDING. Every single shot Beterbiev landed had at least some effect on Gvozdyk. Gvozdyk wilted BECAUSE of Beterbiev's heavy hands; not in spite of it. Give Beterbiev his due!

Comment

• What happens when you leave Haymon

Comment

• I don't wanna put a downer on Beterbiev's win because I think he's a genuinely nice guy, a beast of a fighter, in the top ten pound-for-pound and possibly the best at 175lbs which is a stacked division. That being said, he's also one of the most obvious steroid users currently in the sport.

I don't want an argument about "innocent until proven guilty". If you know, you know. If you don't, you're naive (and that's not necessarily your fault, we all were at one point). It just bums me out when I see a fighter blatantly roided to the gills and nobody seems to want or to be able to do anything about it. They don't care, in short. Same situation with Anthony Joshua.

I don't dislike these fighters. Some of my favourite fighters ever were juicing, like Shane Mosley for example (another stand up, nice guy by all accounts, incidentally). I'm not saying they're bad people, I'm saying they're competitive athletes looking to get the best out of themselves in a short career and also ensuring a level playing field with their opponent at the very least.

I just find it a bit distasteful when I can see a guy is clearly using PEDs, consistently and successfully, and nobody seems to care.

The rules are in too much of a grey area when they should be black and white. Either make steroids and PEDs legal for everyone to take at their own discretion, or pump a lot more money into stringent drug testing and make the penalties for getting caught extremely severe. Strike one, lifetime ban from the sport, fined of a significant percentage of all earnings the boxer has made from the sport, and if there should be tragic incident in which an opponent sustains life-changing injuries or in the worst case scenario, death, then that boxer be charged with manslaughter/attempted manslaughter. No strike two.

Of course people will argue "What if it was unintentional, a 'tainted supplement' or similar". Please. No athlete even when caught red-handed will EVER own up to their cheating unless they absolutely have no other choice. Look at Mosley's sheepish interview with, if I remember correctly, the FBI after the BALCO scandal. Even then he was reluctant to simply come clean. Every possible excuse in the book will come out before the truth is forced out, if it ever is, and some fans are naive enough to go along with this nonsense either because they like the fighter or they're simply too uneducated on the topic. If you're the type of person who believes Jon Jones just so conveniently happened to ingest PCT (Post Cycle Therapy) drugs (Clomiphene Citrate and Letrozole) which are virtually essential when coming off a cycle of steroids to kick-start your body's own natural production testosterone - if you're naive enough to believe he was lucky enough to find these in "some dick pills bought at a gas station" then my only plea to you is please don't ever reproduce.

The point is: make it black and white. Either everything's allowed or nothing is (I'm talking about anabolic steroids and other PEDs like HGH and EPO for example here, not the likes of "natural" supplementation such as creatine, beta alanine and BCAAs etc. just to be clear).

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              Until last night, I didn't even liked Beterbiev... but I watched that short interview together with Georges St-Pierre... Beterbiev looked relaxed, humble and truthful...
              Beterbiev looks like such a mean, scary guy. Then he opens his mouth and he's incredibly polite. Reminds me of Murrat Gassiev in that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by dannnnn View Post
                I don't wanna put a downer on Beterbiev's win because I think he's a genuinely nice guy, a beast of a fighter, in the top ten pound-for-pound and possibly the best at 175lbs which is a stacked division. That being said, he's also one of the most obvious steroid users currently in the sport.

I don't want an argument about "innocent until proven guilty". If you know, you know. If you don't, you're naive (and that's not necessarily your fault, we all were at one point). It just bums me out when I see a fighter blatantly roided to the gills and nobody seems to want or to be able to do anything about it. They don't care, in short. Same situation with Anthony Joshua.

I don't dislike these fighters. Some of my favourite fighters ever were juicing, like Shane Mosley for example (another stand up, nice guy by all accounts, incidentally). I'm not saying they're bad people, I'm saying they're competitive athletes looking to get the best out of themselves in a short career and also ensuring a level playing field with their opponent at the very least.

I just find it a bit distasteful when I can see a guy is clearly using PEDs, consistently and successfully, and nobody seems to care.

The rules are in too much of a grey area when they should be black and white. Either make steroids and PEDs legal for everyone to take at their own discretion, or pump a lot more money into stringent drug testing and make the penalties for getting caught extremely severe. Strike one, lifetime ban from the sport, fined of a significant percentage of all earnings the boxer has made from the sport, and if there should be tragic incident in which an opponent sustains life-changing injuries or in the worst case scenario, death, then that boxer be charged with manslaughter/attempted manslaughter. No strike two.

Of course people will argue "What if it was unintentional, a 'tainted supplement' or similar". Please. No athlete even when caught red-handed will EVER own up to their cheating unless they absolutely have no other choice. Look at Mosley's sheepish interview with, if I remember correctly, the FBI after the BALCO scandal. Even then he was reluctant to simply come clean. Every possible excuse in the book will come out before the truth is forced out, if it ever is, and some fans are naive enough to go along with this nonsense either because they like the fighter or they're simply too uneducated on the topic. If you're the type of person who believes Jon Jones just so conveniently happened to ingest PCT (Post Cycle Therapy) drugs (Clomiphene Citrate and Letrozole) which are virtually essential when coming off a cycle of steroids to kick-start your body's own natural production testosterone - if you're naive enough to believe he was lucky enough to find these in "some dick pills bought at a gas station" then my only plea to you is please don't ever reproduce.

The point is: make it black and white. Either everything's allowed or nothing is (I'm talking about anabolic steroids and other PEDs like HGH and EPO for example here, not the likes of "natural" supplementation such as creatine, beta alanine and BCAAs etc. just to be clear).
                If you're going to accuse a fighter of taking steroids, who not only has never tested positive, but has also maintained the same body type and has fought at Light Heavyweight since 2006

So yeah. Explain your bull****.

Comment

• Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                  Hi brother
                  You see my boy King Artur
                  You a wapp
                  Forza i lupi
                  Nice win my friend...I know you have been touting AB as hard as anyone...look forward to watching the fight and seeing how they both looked!

Comment

• Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    If you're going to accuse a fighter of taking steroids, who not only has never tested positive, but has also maintained the same body type and has fought at Light Heavyweight since 2006

So yeah. Explain your bull****.
                    I don't want an argument about "innocent until proven guilty". If you know, you know. If you don't, you're naive (and that's not necessarily your fault, we all were at one point).

^^I wrote that for a reason. You are exactly the type of person I have no interest in debating this subject with because you are too stubborn and naive to accept any other possibility beyond "innocent until proven guilty".

Has Anthony Joshua ever tested positive in a test for banned substances? Do you think he's all natural?
                    The first question is rhetorical, the second I'm genuinely curious to know your answer.

And to your other point, again a genuine question: do you honestly believe amateur boxers, even at the elite level competing in the Olympics do/can not take banned substances and get away with it?

And finally, no, you're wrong. He has not fought at light heavyweight since 2006. He fought in the amateurs in 2011 and at the Olympics in 2012 at heavyweight (201 pounds). He then turned pro the following year.

As for your comment about his body type, steroids and PEDs alone will not change your body type. Body composition depends almost entirely on the type of exercise and dieting you do whilst on (or off) steroids. If you lift heavy weights and eat excessive amounts of calories you will gain muscle. That applies with or without steroids, the only difference is steroids will enhance the effect massively. However, if you train for cardio and boxing, you will not look like a weight lifter no matter how much gear you inject.

Trust me, I have personal experience with steroids and can safely say I know enough about their effects and the difference between a natural body and one exogenously enhanced.

Comment

• Now we know why Canelo didn't wait for Beterviev and took Kovalev on two months notice.

Comment

Working...
                      X