Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dawid Kostecki dead at 38 - famous for NOT fighting RoyJones?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dawid Kostecki dead at 38 - famous for NOT fighting RoyJones?

I guess Dawid Kostecki is not too well known, huh?

He died at 38, nobody seems to know how, and nobody seems to know he coulda been a contender. And was.

He was the WBA Inter-Continental Light Heavyweight champ in 2011, but the publicity got the attention of the police.

Instead of facing Roy Jones, he faced a district court in Poland, and got 2 and a half years in prison for being an organized crime ringleader.

Countryman Paweł Głażewski faced Roy Jones instead and actually went the distance in losing.

Dawid tried a boxing comeback in 2014 but only fought once, losing by unanimous decision to Andrzej Sołdra.

So far I haven't found a Polish news website that is mentioning how this 38 year-old boxer met the final bell.

Acc to his Box Rec profile:

Kostecki was of Polish-Roma origin. Kostecki committed suicide by hanging in his cell at a Detention Center in Warsaw.

Comment

He hang himself.

Cygan was one of the biggest talents in Polish boxing when he was coming up but he was also a criminal unfortunately. Got locked up twice for pimping young women like Stevenson. Shame.

Rip.

Comment

Don't recall him at all.

And a pimp killed himself in his cell?!?! Usually pimps are selfish non-suicidal mfers. He have mental problems or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Don't recall him at all.

And a pimp killed himself in his cell?!?! Usually pimps are selfish non-suicidal mfers. He have mental problems or something?
          Pimping is what he got locked up for, but he was doing other illegal activities and had ties to organized crime.

He was about to fight RJJ in 2013 I think but got locked up days before the fight, came back, lost a fight vs a pretty big underdog (total war BTW, Kostecki - Soldra check it out), got popped for PEDs, retired from boxing and was about to debut in MMA but then he got locked up again. Pretty shytty streak.

Some people say somebody helped him with this suicide because he had a beef with his old 'friends' but I think it's bs because he tried to kill himself once before, in 2015. Then again, he only had two more years left in prison and had wife & kids so it'd be pretty irresponsible to leave them like this even if he was depressed af so maybe somebody did have him killed, you never know.
          Last edited by Szef; 08-02-2019, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
            Pimping is what he got locked up for, but he was doing other illegal activities and had ties to organized crime.

He was about to fight RJJ in 2013 I think but got locked up days before the fight, came back, lost a fight vs a pretty big underdog (total war BTW, Kostecki - Soldra check it out), got popped for PEDs, retired from boxing and was about to debut in MMA but then he got locked up again. Pretty shytty streak.

Some people say somebody helped him with this suicide because he had a beef with his old 'friends' but I think it's bs because he tried to kill himself once before, in 2015. Then again, he only had two more years left in prison and had wife & kids so it'd be pretty irresponsible to leave them like this even if he was depressed af so maybe somebody did have him killed, you never know.
            Looked him up cuz I was curious. Did have a couple notable wins over that Mock guy + Byron Mitchell had a nice lil run for a minute back then but was in a freefall when this guy fought him.

And yea I wouldn't be surprised to learn he got suicide'd vs he killed himself being a pimp & all, but who knows. Crazy sh^t.

Comment

Working...
            X